Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Kitchen Talk (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   oopsie rolls without electric beater? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=471040)

1DogDay Tue, Dec-15-15 14:04

oopsie rolls without electric beater?

Can you make oopsie rolls without electric beater?

Thanks!

Kristine Tue, Dec-15-15 14:57

I'm sure they accomplished hand-whisking egg whites to a stiff peak long before electricity, but I certainly wouldn't want to attempt it now. :P I find it bad enough on my wrists just waving the hand mixer back and forth.

(PS - here's a link to the main discussion thread about Oopsie Rolls. It's helpful to reply to the thread instead of starting a new one, so that people will know what you're talking about. :thup: I'm sure lots of people wouldn't have known what Oopsies are. )

1DogDay Tue, Dec-15-15 16:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
(PS - here's a link to the main discussion thread about Oopsie Rolls. It's helpful to reply to the thread instead of starting a new one, so that people will know what you're talking about. :thup: I'm sure lots of people wouldn't have known what Oopsies are. )

Thanks, I am still having a hard time finding threads, in fact, I even had a hard time finding my way back to this one as I forgot where I posted it ;) .

P.S. how did you know where it was?

Kristine Wed, Dec-16-15 12:35

I did a search. Our own search engine is disabled, but if you click on "advanced search" and then use the google box, it works like a charm. It's handy even to add someone's username or any other keywords if you're looking for a specific thread. :thup:

1DogDay Wed, Dec-16-15 13:51

Quote:
I did a search. Our own search engine is disabled, but if you click on "advanced search" and then use the google box, it works like a charm. It's handy even to add someone's username or any other keywords if you're looking for a specific thread. :thup:

where is that?

thanks!

Kristine Wed, Dec-16-15 15:46

Scroll up. Top center of the page. ;) Green tool bar.

Nancy LC Thu, Dec-17-15 09:04

You could probably pick up a second hand beater pretty cheap at a thrift store.

Do you have an immersion blender? Same kind of thing.

1DogDay Fri, Dec-18-15 14:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
You could probably pick up a second hand beater pretty cheap at a thrift store.

Do you have an immersion blender? Same kind of thing.

Yes I have in immersion blender, it's not the greatest though. I will look around, haven't had much time to be in thrift stores lately.

1DogDay Fri, Dec-18-15 14:51

Quote:
Scroll up. Top center of the page. ;) Green tool bar.

Maybe I'm just dense but I see the search feature there (which I thought I read had been disabled). But I don't see the advanced search :q:

Kristine Fri, Dec-18-15 16:27

Click on it. ;)

I got a nice little new hand mixer for $9.99 at a local discount store. :) Someone in the thread above said an immersion blender won't cut it for whipping egg whites stiff. I think I can see why - it doesn't get enough air in. I've never tried it, though... have you, Nancy?

1DogDay Fri, Dec-18-15 18:18

Quote:
Click on it. ;)

I got a nice little new hand mixer for $9.99 at a local discount store. :) Someone in the thread above said an immersion blender won't cut it for whipping egg whites stiff. I think I can see why - it doesn't get enough air in. I've never tried it, though... have you, Nancy?

Thanks! Yeah, my immersion won't really whip HWC either.