Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   CAD/CALP (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   My First Day (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=421160)

KitKat100 Tue, Jan-04-11 12:29

My First Day

Going to try the CALP diet. I have just ordered the book online; nice to be here.

Enomarb Wed, Jan-05-11 15:13

hi and WELCOME!!!!!
Please post lots and tell us more about you.
This is a GREAT site-
E

KitKat100 Thu, Jan-06-11 07:52

Well I've already fallen off the wagon! Too many things going on around here. I am waiting for that book as well so that I can apply some structure to this endeavour and not just float around trying to guess what and how much of anything I should eat.

I am interested in the diet where one has zero carb intake for most of the day and then the big reward meal at supper time. I hope that I have purchased the right book for this; I'll see when it arrives in the mail.

Enomarb Fri, Jan-07-11 15:24

it's protein&veggies for 2 meals, then salad/protein/veggies/carb for dinner.

kmariel56 Mon, Jan-10-11 19:31

I'm new here too. I went back on the CAD after 10 years off of it. I knew it was the only the only thing that was going to work for me. I started back on Nov 23 2010 and lost 25 pounds the first 5 weeks. I feel so much better. It has to be CAD for life for me. I hope to draw encouragement from this forum and I hope I can at times give some.
Thanks
kay :wave:

erialicia Sun, Jan-16-11 17:54

I am going on CALP starting tomorrow as I know this is the only way I can prevent binging and food cravings.

Enomarb Mon, Jan-17-11 07:39

hi Kay- Hi Carly!!!

I am so glad you are back. Please post- tell us all about yourselves. Carly- I remember you posting a while ago. Kay- welcome to the forum! Were you an Oprah CALPer?

See you!
E

Hoppinn Mon, Jan-17-11 10:08

Wishing you all the best!

erialicia Thu, Jan-20-11 21:28

Teri,

I just saw your before and after pics! Amazing! Did you do CALP the whole time?

Hoppinn Fri, Jan-21-11 11:22

Thank you. I lost every single ounce following CALP and by including exercise into my program! Not only did I lose all this weight on CALP, but I went through menopause the entire time and lost all this weight!

I have more weight to lose, but at my age, my body is shaping up better than I ever could have imagined. CALP works really well for me and since I have no doubt that I am a carbohydrate addict, it has taught me how to eat like a normal person. I do not deprive myself of any carbohydrates, but I do keep them balanced with the rest of my Reward Meals. There was a time where chocolate was the only thing that I included as my carbohydrate portion of my meal, but by doing that, I was able to gain complete control over my sweet tooth and I can now eat small amount without making it its own food group. I will continue to keep my meals balanced because I know that by doing that, I eat the right combination of foods that help to keep my insulin levels stabilized.

I have hope for those of you that are willing to try this program. I know how well it works for me, and I believe that it will work for some of you as well!

Again, wishing you all the best!