Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Deep Dish Pizza Quiche (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=44087)

Jenni03 Fri, Feb-25-05 11:37

Tried this for the first time last week...loved it...so simple!!!!

Ptrcmcc6 Sat, Feb-26-05 14:06

I have the "crust" in the oven right now. I didn't try it with the pepperoni crust because I indend on putting pepperoni on top. I thought the pepperoni crust and the pepperoni topping might be just a little too much. Will try that another time when I make a sausage topping. Will let you know how it turns out.

Patty

Ptrcmcc6 Sat, Feb-26-05 14:36

I'm back!! I thought I would be able to hold off for awhile before tasting this but the smell was just too good. And the taste??..........OMG..........it is delicious!! I'm waiting for DH to wake up from his nap on the couch and ask me what it is. I am not going to tell him it is made with eggs because he won't even bother to try it. I'm just going to tell him the crust is made with cheese.......lol. Sneaky me!!! This way I can maybe get him to have a taste of low carb cooking. He is a stubborn man and won't touch it if he thinks it one of my low carb recipe experiments. Especially if I tell him it's quiche.....lol. Anyway, i didn't have the chives so I had to omit them and it still tastes delish. I sprinkled a little onion powder in there instead. Chives are in the onion family........aren't they??

Patty

seesah Fri, Mar-18-05 14:58

I have read thru this whole thread & I am soooo wanting to try this tonite already!!!! Will post later to see how everthing went! I am drooling already! :D

How do you think ground up pork rinds on the bottom instead of the pepperoni would maybe give it a good texture almost like some pizza crusts have that cornmeal underneath. I will try the original recipe 1st, then experiment w/the rinds. Let me know if anyone trys this first! :yum:

Norma June Sat, Mar-19-05 11:49

I'm wondering if you could use a low carb tortilla wrap as a crust? Sounds interesting hmmmm?

Or .......... how about the tortilla wrap and just the sauce & toppings like a regular pizza?

If anyone tries this let me know ok?

nimrod100 Fri, Apr-01-05 17:26

This looks really good. I did the numbers in FitDay and here they are:

1/4 of Recipe:
575 Calories
6 Net Carbs

vixen69 Fri, Apr-01-05 21:27

I love this stuff! I've made several variations including pepperoni on the bottom of the crust. Yum!

missymagoo Sat, Apr-02-05 20:45

going to have to try this for work. i eat with a freind and he does not know what i can eat. this will help. sue

Juli_G Sat, Apr-02-05 22:59

Sounds FAB!!! Thanks for posting this! :wave:

LowCrbF Sun, Apr-10-05 15:13

I just cannot say enough about this recipe! :)

I made it AGAIN, and the smells were enough to make me pass out from anticipation :) :) :)

:yum: :yum: :yum: Thank you so much for sharing this with us :D

seesah Thu, May-05-05 14:28

Still have not gotten around to making this, but I still can't wait to try this! I keep missing an ingredient whenever I think of making this.

MetalMom Sat, May-07-05 14:40

Im so happy about this recipe. It brought a tear to my eye

Unholy Tue, May-17-05 17:58

Awesome.... it is amazing how it almost forms a light bread type of crust.... Loved it.

syee745li Thu, May-19-05 20:24

incredible... taste is perfect.. tastes just like pizza.. gonna be a weekly special now... :agree: :thup: :thup:

steveed Thu, May-26-05 20:27

I have this almost every week, but for topping I use bacon crumbs and squuezed dry saurkraut. German sweet and sour pizza!