Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Best Of (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   All you ever needed to know about LC in one simple "pome." (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=63363)

MissMary Sat, Feb-11-06 08:12

Rosebud, that poem is cute and informative! Kind of like a prayer on the refrig!

bjacarb Sun, Dec-17-06 22:46

bjacarb

hello everyone, im new here and im still trying to learn how to find my way around in here. My question is this, is it possible to be in ketosis (my sticks are purple,) but not loose much weight? today is day 20 and i have lost a little but not as much as i expected. maybe im just being impatient but im so anxious to get this fat off. if anyone could answer my question, i would be so thankful.

Some1Sweet Sun, Dec-17-06 23:03

Excellently Put!

Rosebud Sun, Dec-17-06 23:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjacarb
hello everyone, im new here and im still trying to learn how to find my way around in here. My question is this, is it possible to be in ketosis (my sticks are purple,) but not loose much weight? today is day 20 and i have lost a little but not as much as i expected. maybe im just being impatient but im so anxious to get this fat off. if anyone could answer my question, i would be so thankful.

Hi there.
You know, I really wish Dr Atkins had never mentioned the dreaded ketostix. Showing positive on the darned things can mean lots of things, from not drinking enough water, eating lots of fat, drinking any alcohol, starving yourself, or indeed actually burning fat. On the other hand, many, many of our most successful losers have consistently only shown a negative response to the stix. So you can see why I think peeing on a bit of plastic is a waste of time and money. ;)

If you go to "Tips" on the green menu bar at the top of the screen, you will find more info about Ketosis and Ketone test Strips.

Meanwhile, how about listing some of your regular menus (in your journal would be a good place), and perhaps we can figure out what's going on for you.

All the best.

Rosebud:rose:

SunnyCarol Mon, Dec-18-06 09:36

Thanks for bumping this! I love it! I had a visit from the Woosh Fairy last week! 3 pounds down! I'm almost in the 170's. I don't turn the pee stix colors, but I do lose a lot of fat. 114 pounds gone--no thanks to a little plastic stix!

Sunny!

PearlWhite Mon, Dec-18-06 12:55

great (and funny) poem.
+ very informative :)

Marje Ande Sat, Dec-30-06 17:56

Love the poems thanks, Marje

tysonfalla Wed, Feb-14-07 21:50

awesome poem

feelskinny Mon, Jan-28-08 09:54

That's just too good! I'll post a copy on my fridge!! :roll:

sexysarah Thu, Jul-24-08 09:14

OMg those poems are inspirational. I know im going to like it here :>

Dzg333 Mon, Feb-15-10 15:35

Awesome poem Rosebud!

godesdevin Mon, Jun-14-10 12:24

omg i love this

LowCarbV Mon, Sep-06-10 10:31

Cute and helped me a bit. I got my first leg cramps while sleeping last night.. gonna get some calcium/mag. tablets today! :daizy:

jamiSonu Mon, Sep-06-10 10:51

:)
load full ov information rose bud.
lovely poem swiss mom.
thank U both :rose: :rose:

jamiSonu Mon, Sep-06-10 10:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelskinny
That's just too good! I'll post a copy on my fridge!! :roll:

Datz an awesome idea!!