Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   2019 Low-carb Christmas Party (virtual) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=483221)

Molly B Sun, Dec-08-19 08:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
Me too Molly, I meant to say something about this, it looks sooooo good!!
Can you add the recipe? I would love to try it!

Keep trying Ferrygirl, You can do it! You have to find the right pic that will let you copy it.


Ms. Arielle posted the recipe. Only she called hers "hush puppies." Same recipe though. Sometimes I toss in some chopped walnuts too. It's a sweet savory treat for sure!

Meme#1 Sun, Dec-08-19 11:35

Molly, I can't wait to try the Puppy Chow, it looks so good!!

How about Deviled Eggs........

Molly B Sun, Dec-08-19 15:23

Ahhh yessss, deviled eggs. I ate SO many of them when I did a LC/HF diet before. It's day 18 now for me, and I haven't had the first one. I keep forgetting about them. I think there are just so many new great recipes out there for us, that in the past I depended on the deviled eggs, and I DO love them, but now I've been hung up on making chaffles instead, LOL. But I'm going to make some eggs soon. They are so tasty! I use the no-sugar-added relish. It's not the same as the sweet stuff, but it's ok! :-D

Meme#1 Sun, Dec-08-19 15:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly B
Ahhh yessss, deviled eggs. I ate SO many of them when I did a LC/HF diet before. It's day 18 now for me, and I haven't had the first one. I keep forgetting about them. I think there are just so many new great recipes out there for us, that in the past I depended on the deviled eggs, and I DO love them, but now I've been hung up on making chaffles instead, LOL. But I'm going to make some eggs soon. They are so tasty! I use the no-sugar-added relish. It's not the same as the sweet stuff, but it's ok! :-D


I've brought them to two events recently and people still go crazy over them, even SAD people!
For myself, I boil a few, put in the fridge and just make one at a time for me!

Ms Arielle Mon, Dec-09-19 21:48

Im dying to try the Puppy Chow!

Meme#1 Mon, Dec-09-19 22:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Im dying to try the Puppy Chow!



Me too!! :yum: :yum:

Meme#1 Mon, Dec-09-19 22:56

Crestless Mini Quiche





Crustless Quiche

Dozen large or jumbo eggs
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, swiss, mozzarella, monterey jack, parmasan, mix a couple like swiss and parmasan etc)
1 to 2 cups of cooked meat (bacon, sausage, ham etc)
Veggies options: chopped onion, drained spinach, green onions, mushrooms

Whip up the eggs and cream. Fold in other ingredients. Pour in a 9x13 inch pan. Or pour in a mini muffin pan (makes 24 mini muffins).
Bake 20 minutes (on middle rack so you don't burn the bottom) at 350 degrees or until cooked through (a little longer if in the 9x13 pan). This freezes exceptionally well, just cook in microwave for 60 seconds or so. Make a batch on the weekend for quick and easy breakfast during the week.

Molly B Tue, Dec-10-19 10:50

Oh wow, quiche! Love them!!

Ms Arielle Tue, Dec-10-19 11:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
Crestless Mini Quiche





Crustless Quiche

Dozen large or jumbo eggs
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, swiss, mozzarella, monterey jack, parmasan, mix a couple like swiss and parmasan etc)
1 to 2 cups of cooked meat (bacon, sausage, ham etc)
Veggies options: chopped onion, drained spinach, green onions, mushrooms

Whip up the eggs and cream. Fold in other ingredients. Pour in a 9x13 inch pan. Or pour in a mini muffin pan (makes 24 mini muffins).
Bake 20 minutes (on middle rack so you don't burn the bottom) at 350 degrees or until cooked through (a little longer if in the 9x13 pan). This freezes exceptionally well, just cook in microwave for 60 seconds or so. Make a batch on the weekend for quick and easy breakfast during the week.

OMG.... those look tastey !!!

Meme#1 Tue, Dec-10-19 12:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
OMG.... those look tastey !!!

I made a double batch for DD3's bridal shower annd they were a big hit! I love that I can make 24 at a time. That was a big time saver!

Robin120 Thu, Dec-12-19 09:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
How about a cheese cake



Love this post idea!

I had a cheese "cake" like that my wedding :rheart:

Robin120 Thu, Dec-12-19 09:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
Cream cheese and almond flour chocolate cookies.



I've found that halving the sweetener in these recipes works even better.



Ooh! Can you share recipe?

Ms Arielle Thu, Dec-12-19 10:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
I made a double batch for DD3's bridal shower annd they were a big hit! I love that I can make 24 at a time. That was a big time saver!


A fast method to prep onions is mince onion , spread as a single layer on microwave safe plate, then microwave 1-2 minutes dependng on quantity and microwave. Par cooks them for quick cooking applications.

Robin120 Thu, Dec-12-19 12:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
I made a double batch for DD3's bridal shower annd they were a big hit! I love that I can make 24 at a time. That was a big time saver!


Congrats Meme!
I make these and have brought them to parties- they are so easy and always well received :thup:

Meme#1 Thu, Dec-12-19 12:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin120
Congrats Meme!
I make these and have brought them to parties- they are so easy and always well received :thup:



Robin!!!!!!
I've missed you!

This is definitely the best bang for the buck because everybody raves about them because they are so good.

I don't want to say that it only costs a dozen eggs to make and some
cheese :lol: Most economical appetizer ever!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:25.

Copyright © 2000-2020 Active Low-Carber Forums @ forum.lowcarber.org
Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.