Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Then and Now (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=27789)

agonycat Mon, Dec-30-02 08:30

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure what happened to the pic above but lets try again!

canada Mon, Jan-06-03 15:50

:wave: This is my first visit, I have to lose about 20 pounds, I started aitkens Jan 06, 2003. It seems unbelievable that you can eat this type of food and lose weight...but I am going to give it a good try, after seeing your picture..It gives me the well power to try this famous diet. I would love some feedback what worked for you, and did you stick to the diet to the letter.

sunshine2 Mon, Jan-06-03 15:56

WOW

Well, all I can see, is this obviously works by looking at you picture. You look so good. What a shape. I just can't wait until I can tuck my shirts into my jeans. ;)

Thanks for sharing!

lowcarbjo Thu, Jan-09-03 18:50

All I can say is WOW!!!!! You look Fantastic!!!! How very very inspiring!!! :dazzle:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Congrats!!!! I will be looking to your photo when I have a moment of Weakness!! :yay: Jo.

ptjody Thu, Jan-09-03 19:01

Thanks for sharing your success pictures because that is what keeps the rest of us motivated. You look fabulous in your pictures. Congrats

liz175 Thu, Jan-09-03 19:46

You look wonderful! Thanks for sharing your success pictures!

Please stay in touch as you go on maintenance; I am always curious about how people do keeping the weight off.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

TriciaW Thu, Jan-09-03 19:48

Wow!

You look incredibly fabulous! Great inspiration!

canada Thu, Jan-09-03 23:46

need pointers thanks

I am on the aitkins plan, how did u find it for the first two weeks, and where can I go and get some ideas for menus, beside what is in my atkins book.

captxray Fri, Jan-10-03 14:09

Peruse this site

Hi, Canada
If you want pointers, just peruse the different threads and you will most likely find what you are looking for. The first two weeks is the toughest...after that, it sure ain't a "piece of cake!" Ha! Ha!

canada Fri, Jan-10-03 19:40

Thank you for giving me the great pointer, I will do that!

:daze:

agonycat Fri, Jan-10-03 20:58

Thanks for the cheers :)

Canada, I went by the book for the first 13 months of being on Atkin's. No cheating. I stalled out a bit and tried to adjust but it just made it worse.

So I added exercise in. That is what really started changing my shape. I am down to 145 at this point and working out 3 to 4 times a week, depending on how much time I have.

I also am now a certified personal trainer. You learn a lot of stuff while you are getting yourself in shape ;) I am also contracting for the next 6 months which is why I have cut down my exercise program.

Just be patient with yourself. So far I am almost 2 years into the diet and down close to 55 pounds and it took me 10 years to gain 60 pounds. :)

The shocker picture

That one goes to show it does work if YOU work at it ;)

Tangy62 Thu, Jan-30-03 21:01

Way to go!!!!! I've been looking thru the success stories and they have been tremendous. I now know where I need to come to for inspiration when needed!! Keep up the tremendous work!!!
Tangy :wave:

Yosie Mon, Jul-26-04 21:07

Wow, you look great! congrats!, I'm a newie and just started a day ago and i hope my progress is a good as yours, Seeing results from others motivates me even more ,,,Wow keep it up!

Rachelle Fri, Jul-30-04 13:28

What a great before/ after picture.. you are beautiful and have done so well.. thanks for sharing :)

kindergrrl Mon, Sep-06-04 19:20

You look great! Keep up the good work.