Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Month 7, 98 pounds lost on atkin's WOE (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=144556)

passbud Thu, Oct-23-03 10:04

Month 7, 98 pounds lost on atkin's WOE

I have been doing induction amounts since March and have thus lost 98 pounds, total goal is to lose 200, which is a LOT, but I am nearly halfway there and do not imaine myself stopping anytime soon, like, in my lifetime. I am more energetic, overall healthier not only because of the weight loss, but because of sufficient water intake, and I believe, I had quite an intolerance to carbs before beginning this WOE.

I used to be plagued by stomach pain on a normal basis, now have absolutely none. Also prone to urinary tract infections, I no longer deal with those most likely due to the water intake. I also have not been sick since shortly after beginning (a cold, at best, which normally would last for weeks, lasted but a mere four days).

What does all of this mean? Well, I hope to at least encourage somebody whom is considering this WOE, to try it out..when I began I promised myself I would adhere to it like a ritual for 6 months..6 months of my life is but a mere miniscule timeframe, especially when trying to better overall health. Boy, was I not prepared for these results!!! In passing the 6 month mark, I had thoroughly cemented my decision to never go back to the way I used to eat.

YOU CAN DO THIS, anyone can...while LC products tend to be a bit more pricey, even I find that I am spending way less than I used to, and this was a time when I would buy McDonalds or cakes and lower priced goodies loaded with sugars. I eat less and am SATISFIED, unlike any other type of diet I have tried. If you are new and just considering the LC lifestyle, here is one woman who shows it CAN be done, even with ZERO willpower, with a strong addiction to sweets, and with personal demons which have supressed my success in the past.

Much luck and success to everyone who reads this board, and I hope that my writings at least encourage one person to take that plunge for their health and overall well-being.

Frodo2001 Thu, Oct-23-03 10:50

:cheer: CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEIGHTLOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:

At this time, I'm a little wishywashy on beginning my lowcarb lifestyle. I guess a part of me feels like I could never be a success story---like yourself. I'm a newbie and your encouragement is much appreciated. I wish you much success and happiness and I just wanted to say "Thank You!" :)

Marchstart Thu, Oct-23-03 11:00

98 LBS is a huge acheivement.....wow Way to go!!!!!!!
you are half way there....and with such a positive attitude...im sure you will make it to goal in no time.......

Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!

Kathy54 Sat, Oct-25-03 19:49

Wow, what an accomplishment :yay: :Party:

You should be so very proud of yourself for getting to where you are :agree:

Cheers Kathy

sskrier Sat, Oct-25-03 20:05

What inspiration!!!

Congratulation to you!!!

Your story gives all of us the hope and vision that its possible for all of us!! That is what we need to hear, the success that can happen! Keep up the good work, and let us know how its going.

It would be nice knowing your daily menu's that you started on, just to give some of us some encouragement, and how much you ate, and if you watched calories either. ( I agree that water is one of the vital keys to weight loss) Did you just stay under 20 carbs daily, would you share your success.

Congrats to you again.

sskrier Sun, Oct-26-03 11:45

I Meant for the post above to go to Passbud

I posted wrong before.......I wanted the post to go to Passbud. Congratulations on your success!! :cheer:

pammiejoe6 Fri, Nov-07-03 14:23

you are awesome!!! wow!!

Kristine Mon, Nov-10-03 11:43

:Party: Congratulations!! You're not only losing weight, but you've found a solution to other pesky health problems. Way to go!

korry1977 Mon, Nov-10-03 11:50

:dazzle: good job!!!!! :dazzle:

windy Mon, Nov-10-03 13:33

Great job!!!! Congratualations.

Windy

Lesle Wed, Nov-12-03 08:37

WAy to go!!! Keep up the good work!

LilaCotton Thu, Nov-13-03 18:01

That is awesome! And your attitude is even better, and all I can say is that I agree with you 110%. I'm feeling a little blue today, though not sure why--maybe a combination of the weather and a bit hormonal. Anyhow, reading these stories is greatly cheerful. :)

epiphany Thu, Nov-13-03 19:44

Wow.. thats absolutely incredible!!

you're my hero ;) Kudos to you for this great accomplishment!

gordholio Thu, Nov-20-03 21:30

Congratulations! You can do it!
Me, I started at 278 lbs and am down 81 lbs to 197 lbs so far.
I'm hoping to get down to 160 lbs or less in about 6 or 7 months - by June or July of 2004.
Congratulations to everyone making the effort!

Gord

Lindazkewl Mon, Dec-15-03 23:44

Your post did indeed encourage me. I'm just joining this board today. I've done Atkins in the past but tended to fall off after a few weeks because of stalls or cravings. I'm at about 285+ pounds (afraid to look at the scale) and I have sooo many reasons to want to lose this weight! I'm so tired of being over weight. I'm planning on starting immediately after the holidays (I feel it's pointless to start right in the middle of the holidays). Congratulations to you and keep it up for yourself and so many others that will be encouraged by you!
:agree: