Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Emotional Issues & Body Image (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   LC Friends of Bill W. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=272452)

BBQgal Mon, Nov-14-05 08:35

Hi to all,
I hope everyone had a great weekend! i know they go by too fast.
Have a great Monday!

Annie

belueiris Fri, Nov-18-05 07:10

Okay I just need to vent! I am a grown woman and yet, STILL, when my father calls and scolds me for not calling him as much as he thinks I should I get all torn up about it....sheeeesh Why that man still has that kind of power over me is unbelievable, just when ya think your getting weller hehehehe

Paleoanth Fri, Nov-18-05 08:38

Dad's have that kind of mystical power. It never stops.

belueiris Fri, Nov-18-05 15:10

Say it aint so Paleo hehehehehe
I feel much better this afternoon.
Have a great weekend!
Much Serenity
Tammie

sherbear Sat, Nov-19-05 08:30

We lost two of our really great friends of Bill W. this week. One was 38 years old who passed away because of complications of Diabetes, and the other one was 75 who died from cancer. Bad week, but they died sober, and happy, joyous, and free. They will be soooooooooooo missed. My first thought was, what can I eat to feel better, and then I thought, NO............ I am feeling so wonderful, and nothing is going to stop me now. Not unlike Alcohol, huh! Please keep my friends' Bill J., and Pat S. in your prayers. Thanks!

belueiris Sat, Nov-19-05 10:24

(((((((((((Sherry))))))))))))) I will keep your friends and there families in my prayers!! It's amazing how quickly my mind will go back to the old way of thinking, even with food. It's great to have choices today! I am glad you are here, I need to be reminded sometimes that I am not alone, and that my "problems" are not always major.
Much Serenity,
Tammie

sherbear Sat, Nov-19-05 18:58

Thanks Tammie!! It's wonderful to know that we never have to be alone again!

belueiris Mon, Nov-21-05 08:13

You sure have that right Sher!!
Down another pound!! Yippeeeeeee
That puts me in the 150's wahoooooooooooooooo!!
Much Serenity
Tammie

BBQgal Mon, Nov-21-05 11:43

Hi to all,
I have to make amends for something. When I first came on this forum I was very angry about the last 12 step group I was a part of. I told some people not to go to 12 step and I should not have done that. Just because i ran into a bad group does not make all the groups bad. If I offended anyone I apologize.

Annie

belueiris Mon, Nov-21-05 14:09

Not a problem for me BBQ. the 12 step program I am in saved my life, but not everything works for everybody, ya know?
Have you got big plans for thanksgiving? family coming? going out of town? I have a pile of family coming and couldnt be more excited about it. I visit the other thread you told me about also, great thread!
Much Serenity
Tammie

MsTwacky Mon, Nov-21-05 16:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQgal
Hi to all,
I have to make amends for something. When I first came on this forum I was very angry about the last 12 step group I was a part of. I told some people not to go to 12 step and I should not have done that. Just because i ran into a bad group does not make all the groups bad. If I offended anyone I apologize.

Annie

I don't think I ever recall reading that.

But to each his own anyway. :D

BBQgal Tue, Nov-22-05 10:05

Hi Tammie,
I will be cooking for my family. If we can wake up early enough, we might make it to the parade.

Annie

belueiris Tue, Nov-22-05 16:41

Sounds like a wonderful time Annie!
(if the pecan pie doesnt try to lure me, I can resist anything else)
Happy Thanksgiving!
Tammie
P.S. Is it freezing there yet?

BBQgal Wed, Nov-23-05 06:30

Hi Tammie,
It is in the 20's and highs in the 30's now. We are suppose to get our first snow today.
Have a great Thanksgiving. I have a day off from work today and I am going to the movies. I am going to see Harry Potter at
the I max theater.

Annie

BBQgal Thu, Dec-01-05 13:01

Hi
I hope everyone is doing good today.
I am going to my first AA meeting tomorrow. I am very nervous.I hope I can find a non smoking one.

Annie