Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   June get-together in Victoria? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=396949)

IslandGirl Fri, Jun-05-09 18:30

June get-together in Victoria?

I live in hope, ladies (and gents).

Maybe this time we can sit outside under an umbrella or something, have a cool salad...might get lucky and find a really central great place that doesn't cost a fortune? Took the cousin(s) from Germany to the Canoe Club, and really enjoyed a tasty appy, and it was enough, too. Lovely spot.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

sunpines Fri, Jun-05-09 21:49

yay, Jude! I like Canoe Club. They're also supposed to be opening a Nando's downtown (Government St. near Chinatown I think) soon, so maybe we can finally get our Nando's visit in sometime.

jamnut Fri, Jun-05-09 22:11

Hi :wave:
At the moment, it looks like I'll be in Victoria on Sat. June 20 & available for lunch. Anyone else available?

Janet

GlendaRC Fri, Jun-05-09 22:48

There's nothing yet on my calendar for the 20th! Looks good to me, and it'll be great to see you again and do some catching up!

Sandollar Fri, Jun-05-09 22:51

20th is free for me as well!

Mousesmom Sat, Jun-06-09 09:10

June 20 looks good to me so far as well!

Julie

IslandGirl Sat, Jun-06-09 19:55

Yay! 20th for lunch with a bevy!

:wave:

Mousesmom Sun, Jun-07-09 10:13

Excellent..... looking forward to seeing you all again.

I'm on vacation this week! Planning to take things easy at home - laminate is fixed, bruises associated with fixing it are healed..... did I mention a slightly sprained ankle? Never a dull moment in my life.

A little medicinal wine goes a long way.

Julie

GlendaRC Sun, Jun-07-09 19:31

Julie, when it comes to wine, I'm a firm believer that if one is good two is doubly good! (Three might be overkill, however :(

Mousesmom Mon, Jun-08-09 10:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendarc
Julie, when it comes to wine, I'm a firm believer that if one is good two is doubly good! (Three might be overkill, however :(

Three might cause me to fall and hurt the OTHER ankle....... :blush: :daze:

It feels better today - I can walk properly but coming down stairs is still slow.

Julie

jamnut Sun, Jun-14-09 19:34

o.k. I'm definately in Victoria on Sat 20th - where & when - you guys choose & I'll be there! Janet

IslandGirl Sun, Jun-14-09 20:18

YeeHaw! It'll be great to reconnect with you, Janet.

GlendaRC Sun, Jun-14-09 23:13

I'm with Janet. I assume the time is noon ... what about the "where"? By the way, the long range forecast tonite was for rain next Saturday. I imagine it'll change before then, but .....

Mousesmom Mon, Jun-15-09 09:19

I assumed that high noon was the time as well - no idea where....

Where can we go with a patio and LC friendly staff? Hmmmm

Would be good to try somewhere new. Eugene's (Fort and Foul Bay) for Greek food?

Julie

GlendaRC Mon, Jun-15-09 12:04

Greek sounds good. I'm game!