Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I left my lunch at home - and I'm trying not to binge (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=77985)

sk8termom Fri, Jan-03-03 12:35

I left my lunch at home - and I'm trying not to binge

I feel like my safety net has been taken away. I've been trying to be good - but ended up eating 4oz of cream cheese left over from bagels this morning, a small dixie cup of cheese cubes, and my snack for later - 2 1g carb hot dogs. I'm on day 3 of induction and want to keep going. But I feel so dizzy, weak right now. I looked at our vending machine and all I can see that's possible is a package of peanuts and a small package of beef sticks weighing 1.25 oz - the sticks are very tiny and I'm sure they wouldn't satisfy me for long.

Thanks, Gail

lkonzelman Fri, Jan-03-03 12:55

You need to be ok here! Is there anyway you can get to a fast food place? Any burger w/bun and ketchup isn't cheating or a big chef salad w/most full fat dressings are ok.

If you need to eat something - eat something! Start your induction again at dinner time today. Induction is strict and you should do two consistant weeks to start but a friend of mine had 3 false starts before she was able to do it consistantly.

Relax. This is a way of life not a diet and you need to realize this to be ok.

sk8termom Fri, Jan-03-03 13:58

Thanks a lot - it makes sense I can't always be perfect

I opted for the package of nuts - it has 9g carbs with 4g of fiber so that wasn't too bad. I'm probably at about 15g at this point so if I'm careful I can stay under the 20g. The nuts were really filling too.

Thanks a lot for the reality check!

Gail

lkonzelman Fri, Jan-03-03 14:09

Sorry to give you this news (by the way I do think you made a good choice) but nuts aren't allowed on induction. You still need your veggies to be healthy.

It's only been a couple of days. Just start over fresh with your next meal and be ok with it...

When you are as thin as you want to be will 3 more days matter?

MarieC Fri, Jan-03-03 14:23

Don't sweat the nuts - you'll be fine. Just stay away from them for the rest of induction. Things happen and we all do the best we can. I'm lucky that we have a 7-11 across the street from my office and I can always hit them up if I'm needing a snack to get me through.

Hang in there! You''re doing terrific!!!! :wave:

DDMariana Fri, Jan-03-03 17:09

I've been in the same position at school and had to get the nuts from the vending machine. It's no big deal for one time only, but the regular habit of nuts really messed me up!!

When you get home, you'll be right back on track. Good effort though, considering you could have put it all off!!

:wave: