Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   CAD/CALP (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Summers Daily Thread (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=270358)

SummerSlim Mon, Oct-17-05 07:50

Summers Daily Thread

Hey everyone-

I've done CAD on and off since 2002, and the first time it REALLY worked for me, and every other time it has also worked, I don't know why I don't stick with it for a WOL. Well Now I'm at my personal highest weight ever (154) and I really want to get back in the 130s, hey I'd be happy with 139.5!!

So here we go, I'm back on the wagon. I have the CAD book, and I'll see if that works, if it doesn't I'll try to do a more balanced CALP. I like the flexibility of CAD, so I really hope that will work for me. I also like to exercise ALOT, 3-4X per week.

Monday

B: Coffee (2 creams, 1 splenda) scrambled eggs

L: 1/2 package of mini canadian bacon (microwaved until crispy), 1 light laughing cow cheese wedge, 1/2 cucumber, salad with a little ceaser dressing, diet coke

D: something YUMMY!! :yum:

Exercise: 5:30 pm Bullet Arms class at gym
6:00 pm Spinning

Sueoncalp Mon, Oct-17-05 19:26

Welcome!!! :)

SummerSlim Tue, Oct-18-05 06:20

Thanks SUE! You are so close to your goal! Congratulations!

Here's today-

B: Coffee w/ cream

L: ceaser salad, scallops cooked in cream & parmesean cheese & diet pepsi (lunch out and it was oh soooo good!)

D: something delicious!

Exercise: nothing heavy today, maybe just some sit-ups

I notice when I eat heavy in the a.m. I'm ravenous all day. So now if I feel like breakfast I'll eat, but I'm not going to force myself. I'm trying to shrink my stomach, I think I remember the last time I was on CAD, I didn't have much of an appetite, so that's the plan, to eat whatever I want for my RM, but just not huge portions.

Today I weighed 152.5, not too shabby!

SummerSlim Fri, Oct-21-05 06:36

oh yeah, today I was 150, I never thought I'd rave about being 150, but I'm thinking that's really close to 149, then I'm only 10# from goal, yeah yeah!

Today:

B: coffee w/ cream & splenda
3 egg cups

L: wendy's side ceaser salad (this was REALLY good)
mushroom cheese burger w/o bun, pretty good, almost didn't eat the whole thing, but I was afraid I would be too hungry later, so I ate it up!
diet coke

D: something delicious and a martini

Exercise: I was supposed to get up and go spinning at 5:45am , but I overslept, oh well, tomorrows a new day!

sandooch Fri, Oct-21-05 10:51

Summer--You are doing so great. Keep up the good work!

SummerSlim Fri, Oct-21-05 11:10

Thanks Sandy-

Isn't CAD great?!?! I'm glad it's working for you too, this can be a life long eating plan. Last night after dinner for dessert, I had a donut, pumpkin spice from Krispy Kreme, and it was oh so good! I had bought 2 but only felt like I needed 1, then when I woke up this a.m. I looked in the box and my husband had eaten the other one! Oh well, I can get a dessert out with the girls, sometimes it's hard to finish a meal in 1 hour at a restaurant, but I'm going to plan on drinking club soda before we get our meal, then I'll have a martini w/ the meal.

Mykelogan Fri, Oct-21-05 14:41

Hi Summer,
Hope you're having a great day! Just wanted to say that the Pumpkin Spice Krispy Kreme is my complete fave donut! isn't it yummy?? LOL :) I may have taken your other one! ;)

Have a happy & healthy weekend!
Mike :wave:

The Rev Fri, Oct-21-05 21:05

Okay, I may have to go to Krispy Kreme and get that donut you guys are talking about. Sounds like a great end to a RM.

SummerSlim Mon, Oct-24-05 07:25

I may have started something :) That donut is delicious! And my dinner with the girls was long, and I didn't get dessert within an hour, so guess what...NO DESSERT for me! I was GOOD! Next time, if I'm out with the girls I'll order a chocolate martini, then I'll get my cocktail & dessert in one :)

This past week I've been trying to eat NO SNACKS, I think that's where I went wrong other times. Well the weekend was TOUGH, Sat & Sun night I needed a snack because I was up late, so Sat. late I ate 5 pieces of Bacon, then Sun. late I ate toppings off pizza pepperoni & cheese. Now I'm up a little 151#, but I'm not changing my stats, because it's coming OFF!

sandooch Mon, Oct-24-05 10:05

I'm sure you'll get that off in no time. It could be from the salt in the bacon and pepperoni. I'm up a little, too, because I put too much salt on my steak last night. Live and learn, right?

SummerSlim Mon, Oct-24-05 14:28

Thanks Sandy-

Yep it's probably only sodium. I'm working out tonight, and then eating a yummy dinner, and hopefullly I'll have a happy scale day tomorrow!

SummerSlim Tue, Oct-25-05 06:58

Happy Scale Day, yep I'm down to 150.5 this am...

carla70 Tue, Oct-25-05 08:28

What is CAD (original version)?

SummerSlim Tue, Oct-25-05 09:46

Carla-

The original version is the older first book, where the Reward Meal (RM) isn't super balanced, like not all 1/3 protein, 1/3 lo-carb veggies & 1/3 carbs.

For my RM I eat a salad, then it's a planned mini feast, I eat whatever I want, just as little as possible of it to be satisfied, if I eat too much I get a stomachache, so I know when I've eaten too much. Also NO SNACKS, that is key for me.

The Rev Tue, Oct-25-05 20:40

Wow, had the pumpkin spice Krispy Kreme donut. It was great! Thanks for mentioning it!