Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Quick Meals & Snacks (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Super Quick Skillet Pizza (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=467307)

gonwtwindo Fri, May-01-15 12:05

Super Quick Skillet Pizza

Ingredients:

Mozzarella Cheese
Toppings of Choice
10 inch non-stick skillet

Set pan over medium high heat. Add a layer of Mozzarella cheese to the bottom of the pan. When the cheese starts bubbling, add toppings (don’t overload it or you’ll have a tough time later).

Start watching the edges of the cheese. Once the edges start to brown, use a spatula to loosen them; when browned all the way around, you can carefully slide the spatula under the “pizza” and slide it off onto a plate.

Let the pizza cool just a bit so the cheese will firm up. Then you can use a pizza cutter to slice it up. Now you can pick it up with your hands and eat it just like a regular pizza.

This is from the blog Healthy Low Carb Living (not affiliated)

Meme#1 Fri, May-01-15 12:09

Yum!!!!! :yum: :yum: :yum:

gonwtwindo Fri, May-01-15 12:18

askwhy456 Fri, May-01-15 14:32

I make this all the time! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

I do add a sprinkle of Italian seasoning and garlic powder on the cheese as soon as it's put in the pan. This gives it a bit more flavor - especially when making a veggie pizza and it doesn't have the pepperoni for flavor.

Bonnie OFS Fri, May-01-15 17:04

This goes in my "recipes to try" file.

Thanks!

pitfall21 Mon, Jan-04-16 22:31

I am so trying this! Thanks for the idea....

pitfall21 Wed, Jan-06-16 16:14

Okay just made it with pepperoni and a little bit of red pepper. Pretty good! Thanks for the idea!

Side note: it's really filling. I can only eat 2/3 of it and I was hungry.

MickiSue Wed, Jan-06-16 21:29

I just happen to have pepperoni and mozzarella in the frig. This will be Friday night supper!

Meme#1 Thu, Jan-07-16 01:42

Note to self, buy some mozzarella cheese and pepperoni

mviesprite Sat, Feb-27-16 20:38

LOVE that Paula!!! I've made "mounds" of mozz and pepperoni in the oven but a whole "pizza" - love it!
Kat

HTGUY Fri, May-12-17 18:11

I make this all the time. However I add a table spoon of pizza sauce. I have a pizza sauce I found that is 1g carb and less than 1g of sugar. However you have to put it on when you are done or it will be soggy and wet.

gonwtwindo Fri, May-12-17 20:53

That's a good idea!

LadyBelle Sat, Jun-10-17 21:21

I needed a small snack at the end of the day. This works perfectly

gonwtwindo Sun, Jun-11-17 12:02

I like the 'quick and easy' factor! Glad you liked it.

CaseyZee Tue, Jun-13-17 12:32

I finally made this last night. It was really good! It was nice and crisp, so I could dip it in Rao's. It was kind of like pizza nachos.

Thanks for posting Gonwtwindo!