Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   CAD/CALP (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Cad/calp 2021 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=484768)

Jeep#17 Mon, Mar-15-21 06:48

Morning :daizy:

Mojo..... congrats on the loss that’s awesome I’m still bouncing around but not as high as I was.

That cooker sounds great.....to be able to cook frozen ground beef I would love that! So many times I forget to take meat out of the freezer. I’ll look it up maybe I can find something similar. Anything that can cook frozen meat without it becoming tuff I would buy.

RM today will be a salad or soup not sure right now and chicken tenders w/ blue cheese.....man I’m hungry already lol :yum:

Later :rheart:

mojolissa Mon, Mar-15-21 20:13

Hey Jeep :)

Had a late night eating session last night...oh no :o:

Back up 2 lbs, so tonight I'm being diligent and avoiding food after 4pm.

This happens alot to me. I'm good for a day or two but then I get extremely hungry at night. Then the weight loss comes right back. BUMMER!

They don't make my cooker anymore! I've looked and looked.
Let me know if you find one :)

TTYL :rheart:

Jeep#17 Tue, Mar-16-21 04:31

Morning Mojo :daizy:

Weight stayed the same this morning. I enjoyed my RM yesterday and I’m making a roast w/ potatoes and gravy and broccoli soup for RM today.

I hear ya with the weight up and down, I’m really being strict this week I need to lose not just stay the same. Summer is coming lol
I have my cut off time of 6 pm for RM.....I had breakfast yesterday at 8:30 and have only been fasting off and on.....are you still wanting to do OMAD?

mojolissa Tue, Mar-16-21 10:47

Hey Jeep :wave:

Yes, still doing OMAD, cutoff yesterday was 4pm and I was back (2 lbs) down again. Currently 230 which is 1 lb lower than I started in December. So in three months I've lost one pound....ho hum. How much have you lost so far?

I'm starting some weight training though. Just lifting 20 lbs on my arms and legs in the afternoon (before eating). Building up to a higher weight, this old lady needs to build some muscles. :lol:

Jeep#17 Tue, Mar-16-21 12:39

Mojo....

Congratulations on the OMAD, it seems to work for you. I can do one day but that’s it. I’m just to hungry the next day to do it again.

I’m down one pound also since I started in November.....wow 20# weights😳 you go girl!!

I was hoping for a loss today but didn’t get it. I don’t know how much better I can be really.

Later💕

Jeep#17 Wed, Mar-17-21 04:53

Down 2 pounds this morning! I can’t believe it but I have been strict following the 1 hour rule and especially not going overboard on carbs Saturday & Sunday. I thought it would go down yesterday and when it didn’t I was disappointed but stuck to it.

I did fast till 11am yesterday and if I can make it till at least 11 every day I’ll be happy with that.

RM- cauliflower soup, cheeseburger w/ fries....if I can keep this 2 pounds off till next week and lose 1 pound a week will be great.

Mojo....hope your OMAD is going good for you, lifting will put on pounds but get rid of fat! That is what we need....I still can’t believe you lift 20 lbs. I’d be lucky to lift 5 lol.....you probably lost more but with the lifting it didn’t show up on the scale.

mojolissa Wed, Mar-17-21 09:53

Down another pound today.... :yay: I'm sticking to my plan!

I'm glad you're doing so well too! Good job on the fasting, the longer you can go, the better for you.

Yes the weight lifting is going well. I'm not doing free weights, its on equipment. So more like 10lbs, cuz you use both legs and both arms to move the weights. But thanks....

Jeep#17 Thu, Mar-18-21 05:53

Hi Mojo :wave:

Yes keep with your plan!!! Your doing awesome :hyper:
Ok I see what your doing with the weights, that’s really good. I think lifting is the best exercise combined with walking.

Up .4 today but I don’t worry about it, just glad to be losing again.

RM- Chicken tenders w/ potato salad & cauliflower soup :yum:

Sitting here drinking my coffee watching GMF and all the deals that are going down in FA. Hoping we get a TE somehow.

Talk Soon :rheart:

mojolissa Thu, Mar-18-21 10:14

Back up one lb this morning as well.....still OMAD but I am weight lifting, that could be why.

Sticking to the cutoff of 4pm. Daughter offered me fast food, but I declined. :yay:

mojolissa Thu, Mar-18-21 10:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep#17
Sitting here drinking my coffee watching GMF and all the deals that are going down in FA. Hoping we get a TE somehow.

Huh? Not sure what GMF - FA - TE - means

Jeep#17 Thu, Mar-18-21 10:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojolissa
Huh? Not sure what GMF - FA - TE - means

Good Morning Football- Free Agency- Tight End
Sorry I’m really into Football I should have explained :)

Good on declining the food it’s hard especially if your hungry. DH eats at night all the time and it’s not easy. What helps is I brush my teeth after dinner and floss I don’t want to do that again!!

Jeep#17 Fri, Mar-19-21 04:04

Down another pound! I did start eating early yesterday around 8:30 I was sooo hungry I just couldn’t fast till my 11am time. Today I’m going to see if I can go till noon.

I didn’t plan my RM today so I’ll just go with what sounds good.....Usually I plan what I’m eating so I can look forward to it.

Have a great day :rheart:

mojolissa Fri, Mar-19-21 09:45

So weight is staying the same....:roll:
Had a taco bell yesterday, not good weight loss food, but I did work out with weights again. Still OMAD cut off at 4pm.

I hear ya on the DH. Mine eats anytime, anywhere, anything and doesn't have a weight problem like me. He does have high blood pressure tho.

Not sure what to make for dinner tonite- maybe beef stroganoff.

Jeep#17 Mon, Mar-22-21 04:17

Hi Mojo.....up 2 pounds over the weekend, I always gain on Mondays. Oh well Nothing new I’ll keep trying and hope to lose it this week. I wasn’t very active this weekend despite the nice weather.

I have an order of groceries coming this morning 8-9 then at 9:30 dentist cleaning appointment yuck 🤮........then beautiful weather today so I will probably take a walk and work in the yard.

I hate changing my weight numbers up ⬆️ but have to keep it real :thup:

mojolissa Mon, Mar-22-21 10:47

Sounds like you have a nice day planned. My weight went back up over the weekend too. UGH- I think I may have a problem with dairy.

Having ham n bean soup- from the freezer. Weather here is nice too. Went for a bike ride with hubby yesterday. A little windy, but otherwise really beautiful. Where do you live? I'm in Michigan- the middle of the state.

JEY100 Mon, Mar-22-21 14:50

Sorry to meddle in on your active thread, but I was reading Gin Stephens' annotated bibliography in one of her books, and noticed that she recommended CAD. Interesting, because I read CAD years ago, and do not remember the author doing OMAD at all. Just sharing Gin Stephens thoughts with you:

Quote:
The Carbohydrate Addict’s Diet, by Drs. Richard and Rachael Heller

Again, here is another plan that I don’t follow, but it is high on my list because it helped steer me towards the one meal a day lifestyle.~ It’s not even available in e-format, and you want the old version from 1991, which you’ll probably have to buy as a used paperback.~ The pure gold is in the introduction, where Rachael describes her weight loss struggles and eventual epiphany.~ She was finally able to lose weight when she started skipping breakfast and lunch and only eating dinner, all thanks to a rescheduled doctor’s appointment that required her to be in the fasted state.~ Rachael invented intermittent fasting and discovered appetite correction, but she didn’t even know it.~ She reached the nirvana of appetite correction by eating one meal a day for dinner, went on to lose all of her weight, and maintained effortlessly.~ Sound familiar?~ If not, reread my chapter on the one meal a day lifestyle.~ She was living it before it was a thing.~ The actual plan listed in the book is a combination of low carb meals with one daily reward meal, at which time you can eat whatever you want within a one-hour eating window.~ This book was truly before its time, as the principles make complete sense when you view her recommendations through the lens of The Obesity Code.~ I believe that intermittent fasting with one meal per day, which is what she actually DID, is more powerful than the low carb plan she recommends; however, if you are having trouble adjusting to an intermittent fasting lifestyle, I would 100% recommend that you start with her book’s plan and work your way up to the one meal plan.

Stephens, Gin. Delay, Don't Deny: Living an Intermittent Fasting Lifestyle (pp. 117-118). Gin Stephens. Kindle Edition.

Note: The Appetite Correction discovery is from Dr. Bert Herring, author of The Fast 5.

Jeep#17 Tue, Mar-23-21 09:17

Morning mojo.....

I’m in NY not the city....weather is still nice for a few more days, 70 on Thursday then back to the 50s.

Bummer about the weight....I might have to change things up like you did with the OMAD. I’m just not sure what way to go.

Later💕

Jeep#17 Tue, Mar-23-21 09:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Sorry to meddle in on your active thread, but I was reading Gin Stephens' annotated bibliography in one of her books, and noticed that she recommended CAD. Interesting, because I read CAD years ago, and do not remember the author doing OMAD at all. Just sharing Gin Stephens thoughts with you:

Note: The Appetite Correction discovery is from Dr. Bert Herring, author of The Fast 5.

Hi.....Just saw this....very interesting and thank you so much for sharing this information. I to had read how she lost weight with OMAD. I didn’t know if she stuck with it to lose all her weight or switched over to her CAD plan.

Mojo is doing the OMAD and I wish I could get into it because I feel I need to add something else to my plan. I’m just going up and down with my weight.

Thanks for popping in💕

mojolissa Tue, Mar-23-21 10:46

Yes, nice of you to pop in Janet. I also came to the realization that the CAD plan works very well with OMAD and that the Hellers were on to something way before anyone else climbed on the IF program. Fasting works if you stick with it. My most successful plan is OMAD (mid-day) fasting for 23 hours between meals. Nothing to eat past 4pm. Honestly I struggle with this now, but the first time I tried it worked like a dream.

Jeep, your weather sounds very similar to mine. Enjoy the sun whenever you can. Are you retired? My days are spent with my grandson homeschooling when my DD is at work.

Jeep#17 Wed, Mar-24-21 04:32

Morning mojo :daizy:

I went totally off plan yesterday and don’t even ask me what I ate....bad bad Jeep :nono:

Ok so back at it today....RM Cauliflower soup, Tyson chicken
tenders

I am retired and at home during the day with my 2 sweet Yorkies, wonderful your spending time with your grandson. Your daughter is lucky you’re there for her with all the COVID 19 going around and prices for child care so high. There’s no love like grandma love :heart:

I’m going to see how long I can fast today would like to eat only my RM.

Talk soon :rheart:

mojolissa Wed, Mar-24-21 09:15

Morning Jeep :wave:

Good for you! Like anything else, the fasting method requires practice.

Yep, I love spending time with the grandson. I wish it wasn't schooling though :). Sometimes it really tests my patience....
I want to be the sweet Nana that feeds him cookies and gives hugs, but instead I have to be all - DID you get your MATH done YET!!!??? :D

I'm having teriyaki pork tenderloin with sweet potatoes for RM today and possibly a chicken bacon swiss from arbys....
Have to do my recycling today as well. It really piles up.

mojolissa Thu, Mar-25-21 09:06

Hey there Jeep :wave:

My weight is back up today...I know I ate some bad stuff :nono:

Not sure why sometimes I lose my will power and just eat, eat, eat.

Anyways, today I will endeavor to not eat outside my RM and just drink water. Wish me luck!

Jeep#17 Thu, Mar-25-21 11:33

Hey mojo :daizy:

I’m trying to stick to plan also today but I have a lot going on. Might have to start again tomorrow. Things happen to both of us but we can get right back to it.......Good Luck!!! :thup:

Enjoy the weather :sunny:

mojolissa Mon, Mar-29-21 10:19

I'm back on plan and down two pounds at 229.

RM was at 3pm and we had breakfast dinner, bacon, eggs, toast, butter, fried potatoes, coffee, and a creampuff for dessert. :yum: I fasted for 23 hours. Nothing to eat outside of RM but water.

How is it going with you?

mojolissa Mon, Mar-29-21 22:22

Hiya Jeep :wave:

RM was at 2:30pm and I had 2 beef enchiladas and a homemade creampuff. I did have a Mcdonalds SF vanilla iced coffee later in the day at around 6pm, so hopefully it won't throw me off my game. Nothing else to eat today. Just drinking water.

TTY soon :rheart:

Jeep#17 Tue, Mar-30-21 04:30

Hey girl :wave:

Two pounds is awesome!! Damn your meals sound good! And your losing also, so proud of your fasting.....is it getting any easier?

I was soo off plan last weekend, just struggling with eating my carbs in the 1 hour window....but I’m back and had a good day yesterday.

I’m not even sure what my RM will be today but I know I’m having broccoli soup with it. Sometimes I plan a meal then it doesn’t sound good when it’s time to eat it.

mojolissa Tue, Mar-30-21 13:07

Thanks girl! I'm maintaining my loss for now. I have to remain diligent for loss or maintenance, otherwise the weight piles right back on!

Do you have a cut-off time for eating? That has been very effective for me. Do you drink coffee? I don't count that as a meal and that helps keep the hunger at bay. Drink water - that also helps keep the hunger at bay. Hang in there! :D

Jeep#17 Wed, Mar-31-21 05:23

Morning mojo :daizy:

I do have a cut off time of 6pm and drink coffee in early morning only. I don’t consume any caffeine later than 10 or 11am.

Had broccoli soup and 4 fried eggs and 2 pieces of toast last night for my RM, it was sooo good!!

I’m down on my weight this week so I’m happy about that but I’m thinking with Easter coming on Sunday that will bring it back up lol
We usually over eat on holidays my son brings the dessert and it’s always so decadent :clap:

Having DH bring home a sub and chips for RM tonight yum, something about eating subs from a sub shop they just taste better.

Talk soon :rheart:

mojolissa Wed, Mar-31-21 18:01

So happy you've had some loss this week! Keep it up girl!

I'm bad at keeping my caffeine limited in the afternoon, but I should, because I struggle to fall asleep most nights. I'm still fasting (except for coffee) most days for 23 hours.

I'm with you on the sub shops. They do taste better when someone else makes it! :lol:

Weight has stayed the same. RM today was Arbys Chicken Bacon Swiss Sandwich (1/2 bun) *hooked on these* :yum:
and beef enchilada with tangerine and sweet potato.

Jeep#17 Thu, Apr-01-21 03:59

Hi mojo......

Up a pound today but I’m pretty sure it’s from eating way to many salt & vinegar chips last night. Man they are addictive, I think the salt is what made my weight go up. The sub was really good I added avocado to it yum :yum:

Going to try OMAD today...that’s right you heard it here...today...because our very own mojolissa has inspired me!!! :cheer:
Now, it is 5:45 in the morning mind you and I’m having my black coffee so it sounds doable right now, we shall see :roll:

Having broccoli soup and a cheeseburger with chicken wings for my RM tonight.