Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Deep Dish Pizza Quiche (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=44087)

Nancy LC Mon, Sep-17-12 15:37

This recipe is so awesome it deserves to be on the first page, always!

sexym2 Wed, Sep-19-12 08:29

I does deserve to stay right up front, give it another star for me!!! We eat this at least twice a month and when we have family over I make it for them too. No one can believe its low carb, because its so darn good!!!!!!!!

KtLass Wed, Sep-26-12 21:18

Ok, so NOW I know what all the fuss is about!!! I have died and gone to heaven!!
What an awesome recipe!
I made it exactly as stated and next will be pesto in place of the pizza sauce and chicken instead of pepperoni. (perhaps some jalapeno jack cheese too)

THANKS A MILLION!!

kvcooks Tue, Nov-13-12 16:52

Quote:
Ok, so NOW I know what all the fuss is about!!! I have died and gone to heaven!!
What an awesome recipe!
I made it exactly as stated and next will be pesto in place of the pizza sauce and chicken instead of pepperoni. (perhaps some jalapeno jack cheese too)

THANKS A MILLION!!

Ditto!!! Love this recipe- been craving pizza for a year and a half- this is just what the doctor ordered!

gweny70 Tue, Nov-27-12 12:36

I will definitely be making this again sometime soon!!

anthonyc Tue, Nov-27-12 13:59

i wonder whats going on with the op?

ljsmom Wed, Jan-02-13 12:02

bumping for later as some of my friends have been raving about this....I make one close, but am excited to try this version...

ang569 Wed, May-08-13 06:19

Made this last night and it definitely will be made again. Loved it! Thanks!

Nancy LC Wed, May-08-13 09:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyc
i wonder whats going on with the op?

He hasn't posted since 2009. I guess he's gone onto other things.

Edward-WL Tue, May-28-13 09:31

mm, wonderful recipe thank you Donald, and with salad is good idea.

Chantel30 Sun, Jul-28-13 10:42

I've been wanting some pizza. Headed to the store to get my ingredients so I can make this tomorrow.

Chantel30 Wed, Jul-31-13 09:45

I'm adding this recipe to my favorite list. But I cut the squares into smaller portions and got like 12 slices. That is in reference to the nutritional value. I'll take it!!

sexym2 Thu, Aug-29-13 14:05

I make the Pizza Quiche probably once a month or so. I always make a meat lovers, is there anything else?

At BFs fathers, he wanted me to make him a home made taco pizza. I made him one out of this crust and did the rest normal taco pizza style. It was really good, i could have done without the refried beans on it but the guys said they liked it.

If I don't have heavy cream for the recipe, I have been known to substitue it with sour cream. Favore is a little different but still pretty darn good :)

Melissamae Sat, Mar-08-14 02:07

I've missed this recipe. It was one of my favorite. Now I'm back to try again. Bumping for others that may not have yet tried it!

SunnyDinCA Sat, Jun-07-14 21:18

Wow....I think I have to try this... 41 pages....sounds like a favorite

copied this from a link with the counts ... adding to my grocery list :)

I ran this through Master Cook, using my ingredients. The values are for six servings. My pizza sauce has 4 carbs per 1/4 cup:

* Exported from MasterCook Mac *

Deep Dish Pizza Quiche

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
4 ounces cream cheese -- softened
4 eggs
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese -- grated
1 tablespoon chives
1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup monterey jack cheese -- shredded
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup pizza sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese -- shredded
12 pepperoni slices
1/4 cup green pepper -- diced
1/2 cup mushroom -- sliced

Per serving: 440 Calories; 37g Fat (76% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 3.8g Carbohydrate; .2 Fiber, 224mg Cholesterol; 744mg Sodium

ECC: 3.6g

Karen
_________

sundial Wed, Jun-18-14 11:54

I was wondering if anyone has tried Canadian bacon in place of pepperoni on the bottom of the pan for the crispier crust? I know pepperoni is kinda oily and maybe that's what causes it to crisp up.

fuzzyturn Sat, Jul-05-14 11:55

I made this yesterday for a party topped with roasted red pepper and black olives. Didn't have chives so didn't use them. It was a big hit!

For those of you who asked about nutritionals, the recipe as originally written worked out to:

2,128 Calories and 22 carbs total. This may vary depending on what type of sauce you use and the amount of garlic you add. Each clove is about 1 carb!

I used four garlic cloves, minced (because I really like garlic!) and Hunt's tomato sauce with basil and oregano. It was the lowest carb tomato sauce I could find at my store.

I made it in a 9" X 14" pan and it's easily 8 very generous servings or 12 smaller servings. 266 calories, 3 carbs per generous serving or 177 calories, 2 carbs per smaller serving. :)

Hope this helps!

workerB Wed, Mar-04-15 11:30

I'm going to use the flavored cream cheese....

I love the garden vegetable, I'll use that with the Alfredo Pizza I'll be making today and I have a Bacon cream cheese (it's new....has a higher carb count which is surprising?) and I'll use that for the regular pizza.

IIRC the flavored cream cheese I used in oopsie's didn't really jump out, just kind of enhanced the flavor.

Denise0517 Mon, Sep-21-15 15:25

Sounds Good

Can you tell me how may it serves

JEY100 Tue, Sep-22-15 07:16

It is! Glad you pulled up this old thread reminding me of this recipe.

Hard to say how many it serves, depends on appetite but it is very filling! Consider how many servings you would normally get from a casserole in the same size pan? Only two of us, we have lots of leftovers to heat up...Yum, easy lunch for days.

doreen T Tue, Sep-22-15 07:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise0517
Can you tell me how may it serves

If you go back one page in this thread, to post #615 .. these calculations were copied here for us:
Quote:
The values are for six servings. My pizza sauce has 4 carbs per 1/4 cup:

< snip >

Per serving: 440 Calories; 37g Fat (76% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 3.8g Carbohydrate; .2 Fiber, 224mg Cholesterol; 744mg Sodium

ECC: 3.6g

note: ECC = effective carb count = net carbs

hth :rose:
Doreen

MickiSue Fri, Oct-16-15 20:44

Thank you for this recipe, although I suspect you aren't around anymore...

I've tried three different keto pizza crusts, and none was quite right. This is wonderful! I didn't have pepperoni, but did have hard salami, so used that, quite successfully, under the quiche. And only had fresh mozzarella, so just cut into slices (it's hard to get really thin, as it's very soft cheese, and ended up broiling the top.

I had two pieces and was more than content. Husband, who is NOT LC, had three, with his beer. :agree:

BrendaLea Sun, Oct-02-16 11:48

Cannot wait to try this 😃

bcbeauty Mon, Jan-09-17 11:14

I have been off and on this site since 2004. I can not believe I never tried it. I made the original recipe that DW Rolfe posted adding mushroom, green peppers onion, pepperoni, ham and sausage. :yum: It was fantastic. Now I have leftovers for lunches :D

ImOnMyWay Sat, Mar-17-18 01:53

I wanted to make deep dish pizza quiche, but my oven would not fire. So I halved the recipe and cooked it in the toaster oven. I spread pesto on base and added spinach, mushrooms, red onion, sun-dried tomatoes, quartered artichoke hearts, and niçoise olives. It was very, very good.

WereBear Sat, Mar-17-18 06:43

I love fixing a big batch and having my own "frozen meals."

ImOnMyWay Mon, Mar-19-18 18:10

I re-calculated the nutritional information for this recipe in the MFP database because I wanted the base recipe excluding add ons. I used the OP's original recipe:

Quote:
4 oz softened cream cheese
4 eggs
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
1 tbs chives
1/2 tsp Italian or pizza seasoning
2 cups shredded cheese (I use mozzarella/cheddar mix)
1/2 tsp wet garlic or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup lowest carb tomato or pizza sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese

minus the toppings. I used Rao's pizza sauce for the calculations because it contains no added sugar. Here's what I came up with per serving (1/6 of the recipe):

Calories: 336
Fat: 26.6
Sodium: 587.1 mg
Carbs: 3.6
Protein: 21.1

Then add in your toppings.

If you use pesto sauce instead of tomato sauce, the difference is negligible IMO because pesto sauce is so concentrated (flavor wise) that you end up using less volume.

BeachDonna Fri, Oct-12-18 14:52

I made this (again) today. It is so good. So glad I found this recipe! Thank DW for posting it way back when.

JessAus Tue, Oct-16-18 20:40

I made this the other day - It was soooooo good :agree:

MesisPeace Fri, Oct-02-20 07:14

This recipes lives on in 2020! It's still super delicious and great value with eggs being $0.40 a dozen today!