Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Not losing what I thought (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=29606)

Gilta Wed, Jan-09-02 13:56

Not losing what I thought

I only lost 2 lbs the 1st week of the induction. I am drinking a lot of water. I thought you would lose more than this. I am eating nuts to help the texture craving. Almonds and macadamia. Could that be the problem?

Gilta

mauitn Wed, Jan-09-02 14:05

Keep trying

Gilta, I am new here and to LCing, but I do understand that nuts can create stalls and do increase the caloric count. Keep trying.

agonycat Wed, Jan-09-02 14:27

I looked back through my book. Specifically at the induction list...and ya know...I don't see nuts listed there.

Are you sure they are part of the induction list?

trisham Wed, Jan-09-02 14:59

The inclusion of nuts in the Atkins diet takes place during Ongoing Weight Loss (OWL), I believe. :)

agonycat Wed, Jan-09-02 15:01

Exactly my point Trisham!

If a food source is NOT listed on the induction list, it should NOT be in your current menu for 2 weeks.

:)

Gilta Thu, Jan-10-02 07:31

Ok. I will cut the nuts out. I will keep trying! Thanks for the support. I will need all I can get to get this weight off!

Gilta
:D

JoAnnAtkin Thu, Jan-10-02 08:58

Don't feel badly!..........

Gilta,
I just finished my 14th day of Induction and I basically only long 6.5 pounds. I keep gaining and losing the same 2 pounds, up and down! Don't know why this is, but I am going to keep on Trucking (as we say here in TEXAS) :D
I was hoping for more than the 6.5 pound loss but that's ok, I plan to keep on the Plan and hopefully, it will come on off. There are so many nice people on this forum who have had success, and I believe if it worked for them, it will work for us!
I am going to stop weighing myself, except, maybe once a week. Sometimes the scales can really throw you off and cause you to get down on yourself! So, make yourself only weigh once a week or less. I think that will help too!
Keep on Trucking and it will work!
Jo Ann in TEXAS :wave:

Natrushka Thu, Jan-10-02 09:04

Re: Keep trying

Quote:
Originally posted by mauitn
Gilta, I am new here and to LCing, but I do understand that nuts can create stalls and do increase the caloric count. Keep trying.

Yes, nuts can be stallers - and yes they are not part of Induction, but getting calories 'up' isnt something to be avoided. You want your calories up - especially if you're coming from a low fat / calorie restricted DIEt. You should be eating 10 - 12 times your body weight a day in calories. Eating less is not part of LCing - eating below your BMR (basic Metabolic Rate) will stress your body and fat loss will come to a grinding halt.

So put the nuts aside for Induction - but don't restrict your calories.

Nat