Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Beginner/Low Intensity (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Move Every Day Challenge (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=481969)

CityGirl8 Fri, Feb-01-19 17:32

Move Every Day Challenge

I’m a total couch potato. I want to start building some muscle, increase my flexibility and do PT for my recently sprained ankle. I’m setting myself a goal to do some kind of physical activity every day in February. I’d love for people to join me so we can keep each other at it and develop new habits.

This is meant to be a friendly and supportive, not competitive group. Everyone is welcome no matter your fitness level or what activities you do. Join in any time.

When it comes to activities, you decide what counts based on your goals. For some people (like me), just doing 15 minutes of pilates or going for a walk is going to be an accomplishment. Maybe you took advantage of the polar vortex and went sledding with your kids. Other people might be cross-fit aficionados or training for a 10k. Come as you are and want to be!

Start by sharing your goal if you want, then put the date and the activity you did today. Every day, quote your previous entry (and delete the quote tags) and add the new date and activity after you’ve done it!

CityGirl8 Fri, Feb-01-19 17:33

Goal: Build some muscle, increase my flexibility and do PT for my ankle

Feb. 1—Modified beginner Pilates
Feb. 2—
Feb. 3—

CityGirl8 Sat, Feb-02-19 19:50

Feb. 2—Ankle PT exercises [scared dog]; modified beginner Pilates [got faceful of slobber from Bulldog kisses while I was on the floor] :lol:
Feb. 3—

nawchem Sun, Feb-03-19 14:28

Hey citygirl I will join you. :wave:

I have been a total slug for 4 years since a foot injury. 4 surgeries still have nerve damage maybe something else. I wanted to try walking but my neighborhood is all traffic lights and cars. I joined the GYM!!

Starting slow and monitoring pain levels.

2/2 walked 20min, incline 1%, 2.8 mph

nawchem Sun, Feb-03-19 21:22

2/3 stretches, bike L2 2 min warm up, treadie 20min 2.8mph incline 1% and !.5%.

nawchem Sun, Feb-03-19 21:23

Bulldogs are the cutest!!!

CityGirl8 Sun, Feb-03-19 22:40

Yay! Hi Nawchem! I was afraid I was just going to be talking to myself in here all month. I'm starting slow, too. I'm not trying to make miracles, just develop a new habit.

Feb. 2—Ankle PT exercises [scared dog]; modified beginner Pilates [got faceful of slobber from Bulldog kisses while I was on the floor] :lol:
Feb. 3—Modified beginner Pilates

nawchem Sun, Feb-03-19 23:59

No this is a great thread. I was looking for a spot to track my workouts.

Yesterday 1st days little movement, plus starting a full-time job on my feet, I went home and slept 10hrs straight. :)

nawchem Mon, Feb-04-19 15:46

I'm really bummed, my roommates blasted his stereo this morning. I ended up going back to bed later but now have no gym time.

I plan on 30 min of yoga instead, a down day will probably be of benefit anyway.

CityGirl8 Tue, Feb-05-19 10:29

This thread is definitely helping me. :thup: Last night I was sitting around watching TV, it was fairly late and I hadn't done anything. I was about ready to chuck it in until I remembered I had to post here. So I got up and did some exercises for my ankle (which actually exercise a lot of leg muscles, too).

Nawchem, 30 minutes of yoga is great! Part of the reason I went with the "something as long as you do something every day" approach is so that I wouldn't beat myself up if I didn't get in a big workout. Finding alternatives when plan A doesn't work is great practice for making sure we fit things in to our real lives in a way that works long term.

Feb. 4—Ankle PT

nawchem Tue, Feb-05-19 14:54

Thanks for the encouragement City. I'm thinking I should have joined 24 hr fitness instead of small gym really close to home.

I stayed up until 3am with the garage door open because rm burning incense. Big no-no for people with asthma.

So stretching again today.

2/3 stretches, bike L2 2 min warm up, treadie 20min 2.8mph incline 1% and !.5%.
2/4 12 min yoga, but at work I lifted qty 30, 24 packs of water. I am good and sore
2/5 30min yoga

CityGirl8 Wed, Feb-06-19 11:35

Feb. 4—Ankle PT
Feb. 5—Modified beginner Pilates

Man, my ability to procrastinate all day is really stellar. But I did get some Pilates in before bed.

Nawchem, I hate incense. I don't even have asthma. I just think it's gross. Sorry you have such an annoying roommate. When that happens can you open your bedroom windows and maybe stuff a towel under the door? Weren't you looking for a new place, too?

CityGirl8 Thu, Feb-07-19 10:51

Feb. 4—Ankle PT
Feb. 5—Modified beginner Pilates
Feb. 6—Bodyweight Strength Training Week1, Day1

nawchem Thu, Feb-07-19 12:38

Sorry, I ended up having some lung and nasal inflammation. I'm still not getting enough air. Will be back soon.

Hey is your ankle doing better?

CityGirl8 Thu, Feb-07-19 17:23

It's so-so. I can walk on it pretty normally, but trying to do some basic ankle exercises is tough and then my ankle will hurt the next day. I'm thinking about seeing the doctor, but I keep wavering.

Hope you feel better soon. Take it easy and maybe do 10 minutes of stretching if you feel up to it.