Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Nutrition & Supplements (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   POLL - Has Oil of Oregano helped you lose Weight? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=171989)

jwjpilot Wed, Mar-10-04 18:51

POLL - Has Oil of Oregano helped you lose Weight?

With all of the interest in OOO I am interested in finding out what results every one has had.

PLEASE VOTE! :D

If you could also put the brand you used here, along with your results.

Hope this makes sense :)

JWJ

petcrazed Wed, Mar-10-04 20:24

i gained wieght but i think i had an allergic reaction to it. i got nose bleeds nad felt like poop

2brickie Wed, Mar-10-04 20:34

I lost Im a big loser (haha) I love the stuff, my skin is really good right now, I have had TOM with no PMS or bloating or craving, first time in a year. Never leave home without it

protien4me Wed, Mar-10-04 21:25

what kind did you use, how much was it and where did you purchase it??? I still need to get some!

Lindym Wed, Mar-10-04 21:50

We started the ooo drops on 2/20, but I also shuffled cals around. Since the 20th I'm down 7 lbs, but I really can't say what did it.

DH maintained his usual cals and is down 6lbs .

We'll keep using it, if for no other reason but for the other benefits.

hornbrau Wed, Mar-10-04 21:59

Lost 5 pounds in 10 days and I believe the OoO helped. I'm taking OoO from Swanson Vitamins 150mg softgels.

AFwife Thu, Mar-11-04 06:12

Started OoO yesterday and woke up this morning with a 4 pound Whoosh. WOO HOO!

Lily

jjcj Thu, Mar-11-04 06:23

I started yesterday morning taking Organika OOO ( just figured out what the ooo meant LOL) and woke up with my TOM as well as at least a 2 lbs loss. WEIRD.
I am having a hard time choking the stuff down though.
Man that stuff taste like poison.

Good luck to anyone ready to try it
Would love more updates from people hope this is a good thing for me.

Fatkat Thu, Mar-11-04 07:15

It may be soon for me to vote, I have been taking it for 5 days and I have not noticed any change. I am down 1 pound but I have upped my work out and finally had a poop.

Kat

RuthJaneen Thu, Mar-11-04 07:28

Ok, I started using Oregano Oil two weeks ago today. I have dropped 3 pounds since. The brand I use is Nature's Way, same as 2brickie. I paid 7.50 plus shipping at Vitacost.com.

:)

Ruth Janeen

jwjpilot Thu, Mar-11-04 07:57

Awesome! Thanks for the votes and responses!

I take NOW OoO and have not noticed any fat loss. I don't weigh myself, I just use fat calipers to measure fat mass.

happy voting...

JWJ

scorpio381 Thu, Mar-11-04 08:05

Well, I had to be honest and vote for "no gain - no loss". After the initial 2 lb. loss, I gained it back and have had no further results. Am taking a break from it now, but will try it again another time.

Good luck everyone!

Lindym Thu, Mar-11-04 09:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcj
I am having a hard time choking the stuff down though.
Man that stuff taste like poison.

Get some gel caps to put the oil in, they're at the health food stores.:)

Paris Thu, Mar-11-04 11:20

Can I vote "unsure?"

I began OoO the same day I began PPLP (coming from a semi-low carb plan). Thus far I've lost 3 pounds in 3 days which is a lot more than I expected to lose making the transition.

tashinpa Thu, Mar-11-04 14:47

I bought it today and have only taken on gel cap so far.... I now understand what everyone's saying about the burping, though ;-)

You betcha I'll keep ya posted on my SUCCESS!!! or not.