Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Dr Appointment for Operation to remove skin (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=429740)

the_gould Mon, Jun-20-11 02:46

Dr Appointment for Operation to remove skin

Hi folks

that's me got a appointment this morning to see doctors to get my excess skin removed and finally look normal. Wish me luck and i will let you all know how i get on
:wave: :lol:

the_gould Mon, Jun-20-11 04:26

I got accepted and referred for a Tummy Tuck and also a Skin lift

So happy

Elizellen Mon, Jun-20-11 12:31

:thup: Great news!! :thup:

Is it private funded or on the good old NHS?

katyw8y Mon, Jun-20-11 12:33

Awesome!!
Good luck :)

fire_dancr Mon, Jun-20-11 16:25

Sweet! I'm definitly going to do that after I have my kids and hit goal. How much money do I need to save up for it? Or better yet what do I need to do to get insurance to cover that :)

the_gould Mon, Jun-20-11 16:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizellen
:thup: Great news!! :thup:

Is it private funded or on the good old NHS?

the NHS yay

lol and i dont know about any insurance plan. i know the Dr said that it is purely a cosmetic operation unless you have shown what i have and that is that i have changed my lifestyle and also it is causin me distress

Jonahsafta Tue, Jun-21-11 09:31

woooohoo! congratulations!

the_gould Tue, Jun-21-11 10:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonahsafta
woooohoo! congratulations!

thank you my friend :yum: :thup:

joylorene Tue, Jun-21-11 13:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire_dancr
Sweet! I'm definitly going to do that after I have my kids and hit goal. How much money do I need to save up for it? Or better yet what do I need to do to get insurance to cover that :)

When I went to my gp for my pre surgery physical she said too bad we didn't have a history of skin issues with your apron (flap of skin around waist) then my insurance would have covered that part of my surgery :( now she tells me - oh well I went thru with my mommy makeover anyway and am LOVIN IT!!!!

Good luck to you

the_gould Tue, Jun-21-11 13:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by joylorene
When I went to my gp for my pre surgery physical she said too bad we didn't have a history of skin issues with your apron (flap of skin around waist) then my insurance would have covered that part of my surgery :( now she tells me - oh well I went thru with my mommy makeover anyway and am LOVIN IT!!!!

Good luck to you

What op did you have? just the tummy tuck?

i have been told i need a Abdomnial band taken away em a skin lift and also body contouring or body lift that is what he said a body lift . sounds good but also sore lol

i have to meet a guy who has been through a op at my local MMA Gym tomorrow. hopefully will give me some good insight into it

joylorene Tue, Jun-21-11 18:32

I had major muscle repair - he sinched me tight like a corsette as he put it and boy can I tell but it gave me a wonderful hour glass shape (dam hips) HA HA

I also had an extended tummy tuck went almost around each hip and well I also went with a breast lift- 3 kids and gaining a lot and losing a lot didn't help my girls and I also had breast aug so I kinda went for the works!

its unbelieveable and it kinda did a number on my head for awhile I guess I wasn't ready to look in the mirror and not recognize myself - I always had a tummy and now it's flat and I love my new belly button but I am still adjusting and I still wear my huge fleece pull overs and large tops as I'm just not ready I guess but I do like myself at home I just dont like to draw attention to myself

I did have the pain pump but ended up having a very bad reaction to the meds so that came out right away. The pills and having someone to help really got me thru - the first 2 weeks are the worst.

As my PS told me the day of my surgery - he said you will have buyers remourse for the first 3 days and wonder what you did but he said you will love it after - and he was right!

Zuleikaa Wed, Jun-22-11 09:49

Congratulations and good luck!!!

the_gould Wed, Jun-22-11 10:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by joylorene
I had major muscle repair - he sinched me tight like a corsette as he put it and boy can I tell but it gave me a wonderful hour glass shape (dam hips) HA HA

I also had an extended tummy tuck went almost around each hip and well I also went with a breast lift- 3 kids and gaining a lot and losing a lot didn't help my girls and I also had breast aug so I kinda went for the works!

its unbelieveable and it kinda did a number on my head for awhile I guess I wasn't ready to look in the mirror and not recognize myself - I always had a tummy and now it's flat and I love my new belly button but I am still adjusting and I still wear my huge fleece pull overs and large tops as I'm just not ready I guess but I do like myself at home I just dont like to draw attention to myself

I did have the pain pump but ended up having a very bad reaction to the meds so that came out right away. The pills and having someone to help really got me thru - the first 2 weeks are the worst.

As my PS told me the day of my surgery - he said you will have buyers remourse for the first 3 days and wonder what you did but he said you will love it after - and he was right!

sounds good
i am really exited about this whole thing. i can not wait for it to come
i would love to be in the place you are
its good that your happy

the_gould Wed, Jun-22-11 11:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuleikaa
Congratulations and good luck!!!

Thank you very much :D :wave: :agree:

joylorene Wed, Jun-22-11 12:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_gould
sounds good
i am really exited about this whole thing. i can not wait for it to come
i would love to be in the place you are
its good that your happy

You will be - just remember it takes time because your skin is healing from the inside out - I had my drain in for 10 weeks YIKES! and when I exercise or walk a lot I still get puffy but it's way better than before!!!

Good luck it is truly life changing