Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Bread & Baked Goods (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Keto Mug Bread (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=483506)

s93uv3h Wed, Jan-22-20 22:59

Keto Mug Bread

Keto Mug Bread [ ketoconnect.net ]

video

I may have posted this before. I like that you already have the dry mixture ready to go. Just measure a quarter cup, add a tablespoon of melted butter and an egg, mix, nuke it in the microwave for a minute 20 seconds.

I like to saute mine after buttering each side like a grilled cheese sandwich, so it comes out crispy.

Ms Arielle Thu, Jan-23-20 10:47

Recipe recorded on recipe card!

Ive been missing breads and crackers. ....

Kristine Thu, Jan-23-20 16:15

Bookmarked; thanks for the link. :thup: I'm in the middle of trying to do almost the same thing with coconut flour. I'm just doing single servings for now until I figure out the exact ratio I like.

doreen T Thu, Jan-23-20 16:27

If anyone comes up with a psyllium-free version, that would be great! (I'm allergic). Maybe ground chia seeds?? .. similar slimy thickening quality. Hmmmm, maybe I'll do a test run myself :idea:.

I do like the idea of having a pre-made bulk mix for quick prep :thup:

Kristine Fri, Jan-24-20 00:55

Doreen, have you tried xanthan gum? :idea: I think it has a similar effect - giving it some chewiness. I think I got mine at Bulk Barn.

I'll experiment this weekend, too. Maybe I'll do a few side-by side and make DH try them, too. :)

NikiRenee Wed, Feb-05-20 18:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by s93uv3h
Keto Mug Bread [ ketoconnect.net ]

video

I may have posted this before. I like that you already have the dry mixture ready to go. Just measure a quarter cup, add a tablespoon of melted butter and an egg, mix, nuke it in the microwave for a minute 20 seconds.

I like to saute mine after buttering each side like a grilled cheese sandwich, so it comes out crispy.

Thank you for posting this. I just watch the video and printed off the recipe. I need to start adding foods to my existing list of practically nothing. I am very sick of eggs.

Have you noticed if you stall when eating one of these?

s93uv3h Thu, Feb-06-20 02:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikiRenee
Thank you for posting this. I just watch the video and printed off the recipe. I need to start adding foods to my existing list of practically nothing. I am very sick of eggs.

Have you noticed if you stall when eating one of these?
So far all is well. My n=1 sees no adverse effects / no stall (I'm in maintenance). I've found that I can make one mug bread (1/4 cup of the mix, melted butter, 1 egg) and eat a half at at time.

patriciakr Thu, Feb-06-20 05:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
If anyone comes up with a psyllium-free version, that would be great! (I'm allergic). Maybe ground chia seeds?? .. similar slimy thickening quality. Hmmmm, maybe I'll do a test run myself :idea:.

I do like the idea of having a pre-made bulk mix for quick prep :thup:

Here is the recipe that I use - am sorry but can not find original author.

It was called 90 second keto mug bread

1 egg
3 tablespoons of almond flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon of melted butter

1: melt butter in dish (I use a 10 oz. green ramekin from Rachel Ray, gives me a nice English muffin shape)
2: mix together rest of the ingredients with the melted butter (make sure the egg is well incorporated.
3: microwave for 90 seconds.

Once done, cut in half, toast or fry with a bit of butter in a pan to get a bit of crispness.

Using the superfine almond flour I use, this came out to be for one mug bread: 305 kcal, roughly 2 gms net carb - will let you input your brands and double check this though.

patriciakr Thu, Feb-06-20 05:36

This is one I haven't tried yet - uses coconut flour.

90 Second Bread that Actually Tastes Good
by Kasey
Serves: 1

1 tablespoon coconut flour
1-1/4 tablespoon butter, melted
1 egg
1 teaspoon sour cream
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon cheddar cheese, grated

Melt butter in a ceramic or glass bowl (Hers was about 6 inches).
Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk together until combined.
Cook in the microwave for 90 seconds.
Remove from the microwave and allow to cool for a minute or two.
Cut the bread in half like a bun (each side will be thin).

Heat a tablespoon of butter in a skillet and cook the 90-second bread on each side until crisp.

Nutrition information: 264 calories, 22.8 gms fat, protein 10.8 gms, carbs: 4-3 grams of fiber= 1 net carb (according to MyFitnessPal app).

Bonnie OFS Tue, Feb-11-20 10:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciakr

1 egg
pinch of salt

1: melt butter in dish (I use a 10 oz. green ramekin from Rachel Ray, gives me a nice English muffin shape)
2: mix together rest of the ingredients with the melted butter (make sure the egg is well incorporated.
3: microwave for 90 seconds.

Once done, cut in half, toast or fry with a bit of butter in a pan to get a bit of crispness.

Using the superfine almond flour I use, this came out to be for one mug bread: 305 kcal, roughly 2 gms net carb - will let you input your brands and double check this though.

This is the recipe I have - I have pinterest listed as the source, but I may well have gotten it somewhere else originally. Went to the pinterest link & nothing looked familiar. My recipe calls for more butter - 1 1/2 tablespoons. I started making this in a mug & while I liked the size for slicing rounds off of, it always came out lopsided. I finally started using a ramekin & got a blue ribbon for it at the county fair. :clap:

Admittedly, I didn't have a lot of competition in the special diet category! :D

I like the idea of frying it - I'll do that next time I make it.

s93uv3h Wed, Feb-12-20 04:49

Quote:
90 Second Bread that Actually Tastes Good
Going to give this a try.

edit: Seems simpler / better as it has no husk powder. Fried in butter after then threw two eggs over easy over it and added homemade dietdoctor pesto . Nice and crunchy and good.

:thup:

:)

patriciakr Thu, Feb-13-20 04:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by s93uv3h
Going to give this a try.

edit: Seems simpler / better as it has no husk powder. Fried in butter after then threw two eggs over easy over it and added homemade dietdoctor pesto . Nice and crunchy and good.

:thup:

:)

Yay, glad you liked it!

NikiRenee Thu, Feb-13-20 07:56

Quote:

1 egg
pinch of salt

I made this yesterday and found the biscuit to be pretty good.
My stomach ached a little afterwards. I’m not used to eating anything but eggs, salad, and chicken. Thank you for this recipe. ❣️

patriciakr Thu, Feb-13-20 09:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikiRenee
I made this yesterday and found the biscuit to be pretty good.
My stomach ached a little afterwards. I’m not used to eating anything but eggs, salad, and chicken. Thank you for this recipe. ❣️

Glad you like it!