Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Comments Box and Technical Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   vBulletin 3.0 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=119291)

tamarian Tue, Jul-01-03 05:13

vBulletin 3.0

Hi folks,

Feel free to use this thread for questions and reporting problems with the new vBulletin 3.0.

Enjoy!

Wa'il

Kristine Tue, Jul-01-03 06:03

Whoa! It'll take me a while to get used to this! :daze:

Can settings be changed so that everything doesn't default to using the center tag?

LCwannabe Tue, Jul-01-03 06:08

So it's a new board? I assumed the site was just having problems. All of the sub links are all cluttered and hard to find now. The board was simple before now the inside of the threads are all messy =(

lostarts Tue, Jul-01-03 06:13

Wishlist

I like the new features. It looks great!

I have a wishlist idea/suggestion: is it possible to put a link to the logged-in user's journal at the top of the page with the links to profile, etc.? I used to use my avatar to reach my journal quickly but the avatar's gone now...

Anyway, keep up the great work :yay:

liz175 Tue, Jul-01-03 06:19

The text is centered on all the posts I have viewed, making them difficult to read. How can we go back to left justification?

rainne Tue, Jul-01-03 06:23

[left]Yes, please reset the justification to delete the centering. The site is almost unreadable as is.[left]

SlimShAdY Tue, Jul-01-03 06:39

Ditto to what was said above about the justification. This centering thing is hurting my eyes. Please fix it =(

tamarian Tue, Jul-01-03 06:43

It's now left justified. :)

Please keep giving your feedback.

Wa'il

lostarts Tue, Jul-01-03 06:43

I just came back to edit my post a little and saw the posts about centered text. Mine's not centered - it's left as usual. Is there a button or config option somewhere that controls the alignment maybe?

Tamarian: ooh, I *love* the treeview widget. Nice ;)

Meg_S Tue, Jul-01-03 06:45

everything changed?!

HI there! For some reason the entire layout of my forum "stuff" changed and some of the options, for example, changing my avatar to another cutom one, are gone. Anyone know how 1) I can change it 2) what's up?

thanks
Meg

SlimShAdY Tue, Jul-01-03 06:51

yep. New board.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=119291

tamarian Tue, Jul-01-03 06:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostarts
I just came back to edit my post a little and saw the posts about centered text. Mine's not centered - it's left as usual. Is there a button or config option somewhere that controls the alignment maybe?

It was centered only for IE users. Different browsers have different problems ;)

Wa'il

wcollier Tue, Jul-01-03 06:54

Oh Wow! Love the changes, especially the threaded views. Much easier to navigate.

Thanks Tamarian!

Wanda

tamarian Tue, Jul-01-03 07:16

One important feature that many have requested is now available.

Thread subscriptions: You can subscribe to your favourite threads to either receive emails instantly, daily, weekly or no emails.

To change your subscriptions, click on Profile/Subscriptions.

Wa'il

liz175 Tue, Jul-01-03 07:17

Thanks for fixing the left justification! I really appreciate all your hard work. I have a son who does networking, so I have some idea of what goes into keeping something like this forum up and running so reliably.

One other thing I noticed (I use IE) is that when I open a forum and see the list of threads, I no longer see an indication of how many pages there are for each thread. For long threads (particularly journals) I usually want to click on the last page. Now I have to go through two steps to do that, first opening up the thread and then clicking on the last page, rather than being able to just open the thread on the last page. Thanks for looking into this.