Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Tips and Stalls (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   2 week stall (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=364687)

Joyfulmama Sat, Feb-16-08 09:23

2 week stall

I lost 16 lbs in 2 weeks then nothing. I keep fluctuating between 259.5 and 261.. but then today it is 262.5! I am in ketosis. I check it every other day. I am doing very well and not eating anything different.. I don't get in more than 20 grams of carbs a day. still in induction. but I am not moving.. I am under a lot of stress right now and had lost my appetite- someone said I wasn't eating enough.. so I am eating more. Someone said I am not drinking enough water so I am drinking more.. the only other thing is that I am broke from head to toe in excema from the stress. Think I may have candida and that could be it.
It is also around my tom so that could be the increase.. but I am getting weary..
:help: :help:

pennink Sat, Feb-16-08 09:32

this is normal, not a stall.

you've lost 16 pounds quickly, probably water and emptying your glycogen stores mostly.

4 to 6 weeks is a stall.

MOST people experience the '3rd week stall' after induction.
Just stay the course do not cheat. Do not freak out.

Weight loss is a roller coaster, not a straight drop down the scale. and Yes, you will bulk up with water etc before TOM.

Please enjoy the new woe and learn to have patience. It's working for you, you're doing great!

BluePants Sat, Feb-16-08 10:24

Listen to Pennink, I think your just in the same boat Im in, and in my heart I know we will start to lose again.

pennink Sat, Feb-16-08 10:27

:hug:

I feel for you. I have, in the past, posted my weightloss chart from May.. if you want to see it I'll post again. Shows the ups and down all the way down.

Joyfulmama Sun, Feb-17-08 09:38

thank you all for the encouragement. I have been on program for a month- this is the longest I have gone in 12 years! before caving in- usually just a week or 2 and I am back to eating bad. I am determined this time to continue for the long haul.. and with the candida I know I need to eat this way for life. I Have been taking probiotics and am breaking out worse with more ezcema patches.. but I read it gets worse before better.

skeeweeaka Sat, Mar-08-08 13:04

I, too, am experiencing the stall so I guess we all need to wait it out...it's nice to have everyone's support when things aren't going well.....

BeautyG Tue, Mar-11-08 21:26

I was in a 2 month stall adn I gave up...probably 5 minutes before the miracle. Now I can't get it to budge. I think the key is DO NOT GIVE UP. BE VERY CONSISTENT. That is what worked for me 3 years ago when I got to my goal weight the first time (before medical school wrecked me).

lbh17 Fri, Apr-11-08 16:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyfulmama
thank you all for the encouragement. I have been on program for a month- this is the longest I have gone in 12 years! before caving in- usually just a week or 2 and I am back to eating bad. I am determined this time to continue for the long haul.. and with the candida I know I need to eat this way for life. I Have been taking probiotics and am breaking out worse with more ezcema patches.. but I read it gets worse before better.

I've found these things very helpful for exczema.

#1.) Evening Primrose oil (taken internally 2-3 pills a day)
#2.) Omega 3 Fish Oil (taken internally 3-4 pills a day)
#3.) Cod Liver Oil (taken internally 2-3 pills a day)
#4.) Apple Cider Vinegar (Organic -- use Bragg's taken internally 2 - 3 tablespoons a day
#5) Extra virgin Olive Oil put directly on the affected areas.