Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Kick Nicotine Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   sunflower seeds (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=30169)

thinknthin Mon, Jan-14-02 12:47

sunflower seeds

this may sound "nuts" but i quit smoking january 1st...cold turkey and started eatting sunflower seeds in the shells...it gives me something to do and they're low in carbs....two weeks so far...and its working

tamarian Mon, Jan-14-02 13:14

I think I know why it works! Breaking the shells is new manual habits involving hand and mouth :) Great you found something that works for you! :thup:

Wa'il

agonycat Thu, Jan-17-02 20:17

Thinkin, believe it or not, I stopped smoking June 2000 and also acquired a taste for those salty little beasts ;)

Just a word of caution, beware of the salt! I found I stalled out on weight loss because I was munching on so many of those puppies. The salt was causing me to retain water. So I switched to the low salt ones. Still yummy. ;)

I think I have now weaned myself off them, but it took a while.

thinknthin Fri, Jan-18-02 09:17

sunflower seeds

hey agonycat....i know what you are sayin'...i have mastered the quit smoking thing..i think..and layed off the seeds too...the water can cause major aggrevation on the weight loss dept!!! :eek: so far i have lost 4lbs and been on the low carb induction thing for 6 days..i wish it was more but i am still happy..everyone at work is saying my clothes fit better :rolleyes: so maybe i have lost more inches and the lbs. are not as reflective of the weight loss! hoping so :p

thanks for the input...keep in touch..and CONGRATS on the no smoking since 2000! WAY TO GO :thup:

thinkNthin :wave:

slshiv Fri, Jan-18-02 14:58

sunflower seeds

Hey all, Hubby and I have been smoke free since new years. Both of us are doing great. I have been Low carb for several months before I stopped smoking. Hubby has gained 8 lbs, I hvae gained zero. haven't lost but very happy I haven't gained. I was snaking on shelled sunflower seeds before I saw your post. Decided to switch to seeds in shell. It has helped with the not smoking and they take so long to get shelled that I don't eat nearly as many as when they are already out of the shell. I don't worry about the salt and water retention yet. It has made me drink tons more water. Keep up the good work everyone. :daze:

agonycat Fri, Jan-18-02 15:22

Re: sunflower seeds

Quote:
Originally posted by thinknthin
so far i have lost 4lbs and been on the low carb induction thing for 6 days..i wish it was more but i am still happy

Thinkn you are so close to your goal weight, so your weight loss will probably be a bit slower. You don't have all that much to lose!

A 4 pound loss is fantastic while doing the quit smoking deal! You are doing great! I was in such a mess when I quit smoking that I gave myself 8 months before I actually started to diet.

I gave up smoking, drinking and next was weight loss all within a 12 month period. My husband jokes around with him being my only vise now. :lol:

thinknthin Tue, Jan-22-02 09:34

hello...

thanks for the up beat chat agonycat!.....i will tell you i weighed yesterday (monday)....i have lost 6.5 lbs now! yahoo yahoo...and we ate out this weekend and i maintained the Plan!

and still no CIGS either!!

THANKS AGAIN! CHAT SOON

HAPPY LOWCARB IN TODAY! :bhug: