Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Specific Exercise Plans (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   [BFL] Do you us CLA for a supplement? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=40340)

TerrieP Fri, Apr-12-02 12:25

Do you us CLA for a supplement?

Has anyone doing BFL/LC used CLA? If so, have you had any results from it? Do you recommend it? If so, how much do you take and when.

I have read some on it and is supposed to help you burn fat more efficiently. More specifically, I have read that it has helped with stomach fat.

Any truth to this?

Natrushka Fri, Apr-12-02 12:50

Terrie, I've heard it helps and I've heard it does nothing. However, the doses required for it 'help', in the studies conducted where it did, make it very expensive. I take flaxoil for greater fat metabolism and overall health and glutamine to help preserve lean muscle.

HTH
Nat

TerrieP Fri, Apr-12-02 12:55

Thanks

Thanks, I knew you would know. You can spend such a fortune on supplements.

Still afraid of that flax oil. (I promise I will put it in my shake tonight.!!! :D ) The smell of that stuff is HORRIBLE!!!

I used to feel the same way about LGlut, but that is now a staple, I even mix it with water and chug.

razzle Fri, Apr-12-02 13:04

Teri, today I joined the "I blame Nat" club and bought myself a bottle (on sale!) of flax oil. The stuff is downright yummy. (Of course, your and my taste may vary, but I can barely tolerate the taste of good olive oil--certainly not straight, so I'm not easy to please in the "oil taste" department.) For even that lowered price, though, I made sure--broke the seal in the store and tasted it right there to make sure it wasn't rancid.

I have heard (anecdotally) that CLA is one of the more- likely-to-work weight loss supplements, but geesh--for that price, I'll stay a turtle!

Natrushka Fri, Apr-12-02 13:11

Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by TerrieP
Still afraid of that flax oil. (I promise I will put it in my shake tonight.!!! :D ) The smell of that stuff is HORRIBLE!!!.

Terrie, how long have you had it? It might be rancid - it shouldnt taste horrible. It's not honey or thick cream, and I don't think I could swig back a slug of it (yetch) but it's not supposed to be 'vile' unless it's rancid. It has a very short shelf life - usually 6 months after its bottled, and 3-4 weeks once it's been opened. If you are in doubt, throw it out!

Raz - are you going to slug it back right outta the bottle, a la Doreen and Karen? ;)

N

razzle Fri, Apr-12-02 13:42

this morning I decided to be all delicate and girly and stuff and used a spoon, but yeah, I gotta confess...I'm sure it'll be "tip the bottle" time soon. ;)

TeriDoodle Fri, Apr-12-02 14:41

Why can't you take flax oil capsules? Something wrong with those?

Natrushka Fri, Apr-12-02 15:08

Nothing 'wrong' with it, but you might want to read this thread, Teri.

Flaxoil Capsules

Nat

TeriDoodle Fri, Apr-12-02 16:33

RATS!!!

Natrushka Fri, Apr-12-02 18:43

*lol* Teri, finish them off then get some of the flaxoil. I use the pills when I travel - I can't stand to sip flaxoil (yes, I tried it tonight, ugh). Popping 15-20 a day aint fun or easy - and it amounts to only 1/5 of what I should be taking!

Nat

TerrieP Fri, Apr-12-02 18:58

I'll Try It

I swear I'll try it tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think of the oil. ;)

As for CLA, I have never priced it, but just hearing how expensive it is, I say turtle too. Heck I have been a turtle forever, why change now!!!

Thanks for all the feedback.