Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Single Serving Flourless Chocolate Cake (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=351805)

Nancy LC Mon, Oct-15-07 10:06

Single Serving Flourless Chocolate Cake

Here's my recipe. Takes me about 1 minute to put together, another minute to microwave.

2 Tbl of unsweetened Cocoa powder
1/2 Tsp of baking powder
1 Egg
Equivalent of 2 Tbl of sweetener, wet or dry, doesn't matter.

In a cereal bowl, mix dry ingredients together with a fork. Crack the egg on top. Kind of beat the egg in place until yolk and white are pretty well blended. Then begin mixing the egg into the dry ingredients. If you use a dry form of sweetener (like splenda) you'll probably need to add 1 Tbl of water, cream, oil, something like that. If you used a syrup sweetener, like Torani on Da Vinci, you can most likely skip that.

Microwave for about 1 minute. Until just set up, you don't want to overcook!

Variations, mix a few bits of very dark chocolate in, I shave some off a 85% bar. Use various flavors of syrup. Throw raspberries in, increase cooking time possibly. Put a pat of butter on top after cooking.

ElleH Tue, Oct-16-07 10:57

This sounds great, Nancy...thanks!

Tish437 Tue, Oct-16-07 15:47

Is this a "dry" cake, or is it kind of creamy?

By the way, I'm in Redlands.

Nancy LC Tue, Oct-16-07 15:51

If you don't overcook it, it is moist. Not molten chocolate moist, but moist.

Nancy LC Thu, Oct-18-07 23:27

Ok, I made this into a molten chocolate cake by:

- Omitting the baking powder.
- Used 1 Tbl of sugar free flavored syrup (vanilla)
- Dropped a pat of butter in the middle of the uncooked batter
- Dropped some small bits of chocolate (72%) in the middle with the butter.
- Microwaved for only 45 seconds.

This time the center was gooey and chocolately just like I wanted, the outside was more cake-like.

Delicious!

Nancy LC Sun, Oct-21-07 23:16

Repeated it again tonight. Wow, I think this is incredible. I had some natural, unprocessed cocoa that is reddish colored, I think I bought it at Whole Foods market a couple years ago. I used that and the flavor was much more mellow and less bitter. I also used 1 Tbl. of Erthritol and 1 Tbl of vanilla davinci. It was better than the last time!

Kisal Mon, Oct-22-07 03:09

Will you be posting a final draft of the recipe when you get to fully developed? It sure sounds yummy! :yum: :yum: :yum:

zorra_1 Mon, Oct-22-07 11:24

That sounds really easy to make! Sweet! :D

Nancy LC Mon, Oct-22-07 12:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisal
Will you be posting a final draft of the recipe when you get to fully developed? It sure sounds yummy! :yum: :yum: :yum:

I rarely measure! But I'll try to recreate it for you:

2 Heaping tablespoons of cocoa powder (Suggest unprocessed kind from Whole Foods market)
1 Tbl Erithrytol
1 tsp of splenda (optional, combining sweeteners just works really well)
1 Tblspoon of sugar free vanilla syrup
1 Pat of butter (about 1.5 tsp)
Some bits of chocolate (off a dark, low sugar bar... probably .5 an oz)
1 egg

Put the dry ingredients in a microwaveable small bowl (sweetener, cocoa) and mix. Crack an egg on top. Carefully mix into the dry ingredients. The cocoa tends to go everywhere so mix carefully at first. I use a fork. Add syrup and mix in.

When everything is mixed, drop the butter in the center along with the chocolate.

Microwave carefully. You don't want to overcook. In my microwave, it is about 45 seconds. The center will be gooey, the butter melted, the chocolate melted, and it will be firmer towards the outsides.

Last night the texture was between a mousse and a cake.

You can use all splenda but splenda and chocolate don't work together really well, so I suggest using another sweetener with a little bit of splenda. These things work together synergistically!

waywardsis Mon, Oct-22-07 18:21

You. Are. A. Genius.

Nancy LC Sun, Oct-28-07 09:47

Did you try it? :)

I am redoubling my efforts to lose weight so I'm not eating one of these every night now. However I had one last night and only used a tiny portion of chocolate... and it still came out great.

waywardsis Thu, Nov-01-07 13:40

Yeah, I've tried it like 15 times now. Damn you! Is this like you r bowl muffin? I'm going to try those next.

ElleH Sat, Nov-24-07 17:37

I tried this tonight, the recipe up top, with 1 T of vanilla DV syrup as the sweetener, and 1 TBL of PB dropped in the center. It was OK...I had to put some sweetened whipped cream on top to make it edible. But I'm sure that was b/c of the splenda/chocolate thing. I'm sure if I had some other sweetener, it would have been better. I'll definitely keep trying it. It was easier than some of the other things I've tried for dessert.

rodmick Sat, Nov-24-07 17:42

Sounds good!

BetsyJ64 Mon, Nov-26-07 17:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC

2 Heaping tablespoons of cocoa powder (Suggest unprocessed kind from Whole Foods market)
1 Tbl Erithrytol
1 tsp of splenda (optional, combining sweeteners just works really well)
1 Tblspoon of sugar free vanilla syrup
1 Pat of butter (about 1.5 tsp)
Some bits of chocolate (off a dark, low sugar bar... probably .5 an oz)
1 egg

Put the dry ingredients in a microwaveable small bowl (sweetener, cocoa) and mix. Crack an egg on top. Carefully mix into the dry ingredients. The cocoa tends to go everywhere so mix carefully at first. I use a fork. Add syrup and mix in.

When everything is mixed, drop the butter in the center along with the chocolate.

Microwave carefully. You don't want to overcook. In my microwave, it is about 45 seconds. The center will be gooey, the butter melted, the chocolate melted, and it will be firmer towards the outsides.

I made this tonight using the above recipe. OH MY GOSH. This may just be the best LC item I have tried! I used a combo of Sweetzfree and Erythritol, only 1 Tb. of Hershey Special Dark Cocoa, SF Cookie Dough DV syrup, and Lindt 85% with the butter in the middle. It was actually my dinner tonight! :lol: Definitely a keeper, guys!!!!