Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Did your weight redistribute in maintenance? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=346034)

Aeryn Wed, Aug-22-07 16:34

Did your weight redistribute in maintenance?

Hello heroes! :wave:

I'm not nearly in maintenance yet (meaning, with the rate I usually lose at, it'll be months more... although let me say, this week has been rather amazing!), but I wanted to ask those who would know: is there any chance my weight might resettle once I start maintaining rather than losing?

I ask, because it occurs to me that if my current pattern of loss continues, I'm going to end up looking very much like a guitar. :lol:

tjf9 Wed, Aug-22-07 23:09

Nope, no redistribution here. I'm still proportioned the same as I was when I was heavy, except I have less in the chest. I blame that bit on nursing though.

It's a little frustrating to me because I think it makes it harder for me to appreciate how much weight I have really lost. I still have a little upper belly and a lower belly and flab under my arms. I look like the old me, only smaller.

Aeryn Thu, Aug-23-07 10:27

Okay, TFJ, thanks for replying, even if you've broken my heart. *Sigh.* ;)

Nah, just kiddin'. I've got a slight bit of flab beneath my arms (weight training is helping, though)... but the cause of my worry was my amazingly resilient hip measurement! I guess I'll just have to prepare to be fit Winslet-style instead of... erm... fit Pfeiffer-style.

It's good to know, helps me prepare myself mentally so I don't formulate unrealistic expectations. I'm sure that's about the worst thing that can happen to one's maintenance plan -- to end up at goal and be disappointed. I definitely don't want that, because it'd just be an insult to all my body's hard work!

ElleH Thu, Aug-23-07 14:09

I have definitely noticed that my mid-section is not as defined as it was when I was a little heavier, so now that you mention it, I think it *has* redistributed a little! For sure, now when I gain a couple pounds from a "deviation," it goes straight to my belly and is D*AMN hard to lose!

Mitra Sun, Aug-26-07 07:29

My basic shape didn't really change - I'm not that much different from before I gained the weight (20 years ago). The one weird thing is that in my twenties I wore an A cup bra, which went up to D+ as I gained weight, and stayed at D when I lost the weight in my forties. Not that I'm complaining :D, but it isn't what I expected.

Rachel1 Mon, Sep-24-07 21:54

I'm much the same shape, only smaller. Exercise really helps define our shapes. I have some muscle definition where I didn't use to have any, but some of my muscle is still under the fluff. Oh, well.

Rachel