Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Toronto, Ontario, Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=183677)

kimcubby Mon, May-10-04 19:07

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hello Everyone:
Greetings from Ontario, Canada.
Anyone who has either just started Atkins or has been on it for awhile? :)

Itty Tue, May-11-04 08:08

Hi Kimcub

There's lots of us here! We have been having meetings and lo-carb lunches and dinners, and we are working on our fifth one, maybe some time in June.

I'm downtown. And I guess I am really close to my goal. Keep pigging out, though!!

Mary

Lobstergal Tue, May-11-04 08:46

*Waving*

Hi from a former Torontonian now living in Hamilton Ontario. :D

irina Tue, May-11-04 10:10

Hi,
I am from Toronto (Scarborough). Has been following Atkins plan for 2 years, however managed to fall off the wagon for 6 month. So, now it’s a fresh start for me.

sucralose Wed, May-19-04 19:28

Hi All,

I've watched this forum for a long time but never got around to joining.... glad I finally did. Sitting at 215, looking to "get solid" and reach 185-190. Congrats on all of your success, feels great, doesn't it?

hummelda Wed, May-26-04 11:18

Hi, I live in Brampton and work in Toronto and have been LC since September although I have been losing since June 2003.

mmuffinn Thu, May-27-04 09:07

Hi, I'm from the area and have been on Atkins for the last 3 months and really enjoying the benefits... feeling better (energy), great weight loss and also find great information and support from this site!

Ghuldeen Fri, May-28-04 11:47

Hi all, I've been doing LC for almost 7 months. Living and working in the North York area.

Hope to see you all at some function soon.

Mike

Itty Tue, Jun-01-04 09:03

Would we like to make a day to get together? Those of us who have met up recently have had the most success on Saturdays during the day. Maybe we can plan a picnic for early July? I am very busy during alllllll of June.What about July 10? Would we prefer a potluck picnic, or go to a restaurant? I think being outside would be best, as you all had the same winter as me!!

Reply, reply

Mary

Lobstergal Tue, Jun-01-04 13:08

I'm a former Torontonian (now living in Hamilton) and if you have a TO get together and I am not working one of the Hamilton festivals that weekend I would love to come.

Besides it will also be a good reason to visit my brother who lives in North York. I haven't seen him since last summer.

Itty Wed, Jun-02-04 09:17

Hi again Lobstergal! They do have the get-to's in Hamilton now, too, eh? You are always welcome here, too!!

M

edited to add...
I finally got my T-BONE (500 posts! I looove steak! I hate chicken legs!!!)

tilt Wed, Jun-02-04 14:18

A T-Bone? Oh, is that what it is!

Cheers

BTW, I am stuck at 225 since March 21, 11 weeks, which officially makes this a stall, and I have not cheated at all! And to boot it all,, my HDL has stayed the same but overall cholesterol has gone up, which means I guess my LDL has gone up. Cannot say for sure because both times I had my tests, my triglycerides were so high that LDL could not even be measured!

Cheers

Lobstergal Fri, Jun-04-04 07:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itty
They do have the get-to's in Hamilton now, too, eh?

Yes. A get together was planned for tomorrow in Hamilton but in over a month I have not heard anything about that so I will most likely spend a couple of hours at the Farmer's market foraging for veggies and then possibly go for a swim at the YWCA.

hummelda Thu, Jun-10-04 22:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itty
Would we like to make a day to get together? Those of us who have met up recently have had the most success on Saturdays during the day. Maybe we can plan a picnic for early July? I am very busy during alllllll of June.What about July 10? Would we prefer a potluck picnic, or go to a restaurant? I think being outside would be best, as you all had the same winter as me!!

Reply, reply

Mary
Mary, I think a picnic in July would be just what Dr. Summer ordered!!! Or lunch at an outdoor patio where they carry a ummmmm LC beer? I don't have plans yet for July 10th.

Itty Sat, Jun-12-04 06:54

Hi all!

Sounds great! July 10! (well, of course, we're canadian, july 10 always sounds great!)

Would you like to picnic in High Park?
Are there others who would like to come?
Our get-to's so far have been really fun, and we all learn tons of stuff about new products, stores, etc. It's like a mini, personal forum!

Please watch for the new 5th TO get-to thread!!!! MMmmm, picnic... And I have two of those picnic napsacks with cups, plates, cutlery, etc.!

Mary