Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Blondie888's Gym Log (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=276978)

Blondie888 Tue, Dec-13-05 02:28

Blondie888's Gym Log

Short and Simple. I'm too tired tonight to add detail, but I promised myself I'd start one of these today. I wish I had more to list. :)

Cardio:

Elliptical Machine, low & medium settings, 20 minutes

Weights:

Triceps--3 sets of 10 reps for each exercise; 10 lb. barbells used

overhead kickbacks
kickbacks

That's it for now. There's definitely room for improvement.

doloresrod Tue, Dec-13-05 22:37

Hey there,
Don't beat yourself up for not doing alot. Every little bit helps and besides "you're doing something", that has to count for something. You're doing great.

Keep doing what you're doing and you can add more later.

Take care,
Dolores

Blondie888 Wed, Dec-14-05 01:07

Activities

30 minutes jump-rope (on and off, not consecutive)

Biceps: curls w/ 10 lb. weights--10 reps, 3 sets

butt lifts--10 reps, 3 sets

10 minute walk at lunchtime.

I'm incorporating activities each day, which is my goal at this point. I know I can do more, but I don't want to burn myself out. All too often I've started a really tough workout program just to quit within the week. I need to work my way up. I'm looking to up my weights and cardio a little each week. I think I'm doing well so far.

doloresrod Wed, Dec-14-05 06:06

Quote:
Wow, I can't wait until I can get that kind of mileage in such a short time! No wonder you look great! Do you train with weights at all? I enjoy weights, but cardio isn't my favorite. I'll learn to love it, though. Thanks for stopping by my gym log. I need all of the motivation I can get. At this point, I'm just trying to add some basic movement into my life. The hardcore stuff can come later. Have you always been a runner, or is it a new habit? Either way, you're doing a great job!

No, I don't workout with weights but would love to incorporate that into my workouts.
I just started jogging in the last several months. The funny thing is is that I couldn't even work up to a mile last summer. I think what helped me this year was I started riding my bike outdoors and worked up to 10 miles so I think that helped build up my endurance and when I started walking on my treadmill, I tried jogging and love it. I would love to work up to 5 miles jogging but I think that will take me a little more time.

Have a great day.
Dolores

Blondie888 Thu, Dec-15-05 03:22

Cardio and Chest

Workout for Today:

Cardio: 20 minutes on the elliptical machine; low, medium and high settings

Chest, 3 sets:

flys 10 reps, 5 lb. weights
bench press: 10 reps, 5 lb. weights
overhead lift: 10 reps, 5 lb. weights

By Christmas, I hope to be back using my 10 lb. weights for this! This was an okay workout. The cardio's getting easier.

Blondie888 Fri, Dec-16-05 03:02

Free Day today...I'm going to try to get in at least cardio tomorrow. That'll make 3 sessions this week!

Blondie888 Sat, Dec-17-05 04:34

Free Day...Cardio tomorrow? Maybe? No maybes, it needs to be tomorrow!

KATE1125 Sat, Dec-17-05 09:17

come on blondie!!

Think how great you will feel if you just get it done! I just got off the elliptical.....I wasn't gonna do it either (I took yesterday off!) but I made myself do just 20 min and I feel so proud!!

Blondie888 Sun, Dec-18-05 03:43

Cardio: Accomplished

Today (Saturday) was a good day, working-out wise:

cardio: 20 minutes--elliptical machine & step aerobics.

legs:

20 calf raises

10 squats

10 lunges

50 hip exercises, laying down

abs:

100 crunches

30 leg-ups

shoulders; 3 sets, 10 reps each; 5 lb. weights:

shrugs

presses (one position)

presses (another position)

arms out

arms forward

Hmmm, I really need to find out the technical names for these exercises, don't I? Oh, well. It's listed, and I did them. I got in 3 sessions of cardio this week, which is a good start. I work every muscle group except my back. I'll take care of that tomorrow. I'm really glad I got it done!

Blondie888 Sun, Dec-18-05 05:44

A little bit more exercise...

I did some stretching and 10 minutes of jump rope.

Blondie888 Mon, Dec-19-05 03:04

Woo Hoo!!!

20 lb. weights, 3 sets, 10 reps each, back raises.

That's that! I got in exercise for each body part as well as at least 3 cardio sessions this week! Woo hoo! I just need to keep this up, and I'm on my way.

Blondie888 Tue, Dec-20-05 02:07

I Didn't have to Wait until Christmas!

Monday Workout:

Triceps:

3 sets, 10 reps, 10 lb. weights used--

kickbacks
overhead kickbacks

Chest:

3 sets, 10 reps, 10 lb. weights used--

flies
bench press
overhead lift

Woo hoo! I thought it was going to take a lot longer to be back at 10 lbs. for my chest. I'm very happy about that. I didn't do any cardio tonight. I don't enjoy cardio, it feels like a chore. I can do it, and do it I will. It's just a matter of realizing what my priorities are. I can do it, and this advance just proves it!

Blondie888 Wed, Dec-21-05 02:58

Great Workout!

Biceps:

curls, 20 reps, 10 lb. weights used
curls, 10 reps, 20 lb. weights used
curls(diff. position), 10 reps, 10 lb. weights used

Hips & Thighs:

50 reps floor exercise (both legs at once)
35 reps floor exercise (each leg)
10 hip raises

Abs:

50 crunches

Calves:

50 raises

I need to work more cardio into my routine. Weight lifting is fun for me. I'm making some nice gains with what I can lift. I think I'm going to read up on HIIT. It's only 20 minutes, so I can deal with that. Circuit training might be fun as well, since it includes weights. Either way, I'm moving closer to my goal.

Blondie888 Wed, Dec-21-05 21:14

Free Day...

I'm sore, tired and cranky.

Blondie888 Fri, Dec-23-05 01:15

40 minutes (spread throughout the day) vigorous jump-roping.

15 minute walk during lunch.

I can do short bursts, but I can't keep up for 20 minutes or more. Oh, well. Something to work on.