Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Sweet Pork Rinds (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=32113)

bellablue Tue, Jan-29-02 12:23

Sweet Pork Rinds

I didn't see this idea anywhere so I'm starting a new thread. I was alerted to this great snack last night by a low carbbing email pal and tried it. So I am passing it on:

"Sweet Little Piggies"

pork rinds--I used a half a bag in a mixing bowl
1/2 cube butter, melted
mixture of 4 packets Splenda and cinnamon

Pour the butter over the rinds, mix well, then spinkle on the cinnamon-Splenda and mix well. These taste a little like cinnamon sugar elephant ears or the deep fried dough covered in cinnamon-sugar that I used to eat South of The Border! Very good!!!!!!

Bella :idea: :wave:

Glenda Tue, Jan-29-02 14:01

These sound great. I will trying them VERY SOON!!

Glenda

IslandGirl Wed, Jan-30-02 16:23

there are variations of this one out here... search with CINNAMON and possibly CRISPAS...

Good ideas just keep recreating themselves :lol:

moonmist Sun, Feb-10-02 00:33

mmmmmmmm, i loooooove pork rinds. these sound like a version of those cinnamon twists you get at taco bell. i think this week im gonna try them :)

bellablue Sun, Feb-10-02 09:49

Bingo!! :daze: I knew they reminded me of something, Moonmist! Exactly, the cinnamon twists at taco bell!!!! If anyone in the US has a store called OddLots in your town (used to be called Pic and Save, as they are kind of a factory closeout type store), they have huge bags of the tiny pork rinds for 99 cents a bag! Perfect for sweet piggies!!~~~bella

donnaj Sun, Mar-24-02 04:37

Sounds great

Thanks Bella, I will gives these a try. They sound wonderful. I used to love Taco Bells cinnamon twist. Now I can have a low carb version.
Donna :wave:

kattdlc Mon, Apr-29-02 07:01

cinnamon pork rinds

Hey All- I made these yesterday--they are great..
Just like taco bell. the actual recipe is at:

www.lowcarbluxury.com/recipes/recipe-nibbles.

try em!! :daze:

teddi-4 Fri, Jul-26-02 14:27

Sweet Pork Rinds

These are simply wonderful!!! Would these be "legal" on induction?

Ajastoy Wed, Jul-31-02 10:12

Just a quick note,,, do you know,, those cinnamon twists from Taco Bell are really deep fried pasta!

Had a friend that worked at a Taco Bell,,, just some high carb trivia to pass along!

Nancy

DK141612 Wed, Aug-07-02 07:55

I think Pork Rinds would be okay on induction...only if you eat them once in awhile. I've been on induction for about 2 and a half weeks, and I think I had them 2x.

TooCute Mon, Sep-02-02 17:51

I have a question on the pork rinds. Are they salted? That's the only kind I've been able to find. Thanks, Tc

cre8tivgrl Wed, Sep-18-02 13:31

I wrote in a post in another thread that I have been craving cinnamon rolls with icing so badly that if I could find a low carb recipe for the icing I'd eat it on pork rinds.

I was kidding.

But now after reading, and trying, these I am thinking that low carb icing might go great with them!!! ;) Any ideas????

Ajastoy Wed, Sep-18-02 21:49

I use butter and Splenda,,,make my own buttercream! You can make a chocolate one too by adding some cocoa powder.

Nancy

cre8tivgrl Thu, Sep-26-02 17:01

Today I made these with less cinnamon and more splenda. I liked them much better. They reminded me of butter cookies. :D

I also was thinking that they might be good with some of the sugar free DiVinci's syrups added in to the butter. I'll have to experiment and let you know.

cre8tivgrl Sat, Oct-05-02 13:37

Okay, I tried something different with this recipe...

I took the hot and spicy pork rinds and mixed them with plain melted butter. They were good!! :thup: Reminded me of buttered popcorn with tabasco.