Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   If ever you wondered if Atkins really works... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=286188)

SafferBabe Sat, Feb-18-06 12:07

If ever you wondered if Atkins really works...

Hi there :wave:

I'm nowhere near goal but I just thought I'd share a mini success story with you all :)

I started the Atkins WOL on the 16th of January 2006. Today is the 18th of February 2006, so one could say my journey so far has been just over 1 month long. I get a little confused with the conversion to pounds but I've finally figured it out. On the 16th of January I weighed in at a massive 116 kilograms. That's 255 lbs (1kg=2.2lb). Today I weighed myself and the scale registered 103 kilograms. I.e. 226.6lbs. In other words I have lost 28 pounds in my first month!! I'm over the moon :D I realize that things will start to slow down but so far I'm very impressed with this WOL. Apart from my excellent weight loss I'm also feeling great and very energetic :thup:

Best of luck to everyone :thup:

Linda :rheart:

thecripple Sat, Feb-18-06 12:37

way to go !!!

That's awesome news for us newbies !!!! Congradulations on your success so far. :wave:

Stacy and James

camcyd Sun, Feb-19-06 16:39

Congratulations! You are doing GREAT! Keep it up!

MonicaAus Sun, Feb-19-06 21:51

WOW!! Excellent good for you
It really is amazing how good you feel, its contagious ppl sometimes ask me What are you on???? i smile tell them iam detoxong from carbs, buzzing on my body eating my fat LOL

Monica

JandLsMom Mon, Feb-20-06 14:39

AWESOME!! very inspirational! Congrats to you!!

droppin Thu, Mar-16-06 07:26

Congrats and hope you finish what you started a inspiration to keep going

Kirsty Mac Tue, Mar-28-06 00:38

Hi I am very impressed by your loss especially as a fellow South African. Can you tell me what you mean when you say you are on Atkins - whole foods? I have been on atkins for forever and weight loss seems to have stalled. I have no inclination to stop because for the first time food is in it's right place but I would like to know why the weight loss has stopped

boree Wed, Mar-29-06 12:33

Way to go Linda!!!! That is awsome!! I LOVE reading these kind of success stories, it really keeps me motivated! Good for you!!! :) :)

JandLsMom Wed, Mar-29-06 16:31

WOW!! thats awesome!!! Good job!

SafferBabe Thu, Mar-30-06 10:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty Mac
Hi I am very impressed by your loss especially as a fellow South African. Can you tell me what you mean when you say you are on Atkins - whole foods? I have been on atkins for forever and weight loss seems to have stalled. I have no inclination to stop because for the first time food is in it's right place but I would like to know why the weight loss has stopped

Hi Kirsty :wave:

With "whole foods" I mean nothing processed, chemically modified, no additives etc. Just natural whole foods such as a piece of steak drowned in garlic & lemon butter, veggies, organic/free range chicken/eggs/? whatever is available. I eat no LC products and don't add any artificial flavourings. Only use sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. I eat a lot of fat. Fry almost everything in olive oil/butter/sesame oil. I drink only water and black Rooibos :thup:

My weightloss has now risen to 38lbs in just over two months :)

Thank you to all the others who have posted in this thread and may you have good successes too :thup:

Kirsty Mac Fri, Mar-31-06 00:35

Thanks. I am eating processed foods so am going to try the whole food way see what happens. Also try to go off decaff coffee and try rooibos MMM well I will try. Keep it going girl you are doing great. I was inspired. Oh what about canderal chocolate? I don't see anything on your list for the sweet tooth. What do you do about that?

inittowini Sat, Apr-01-06 13:08

you go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SafferBabe Tue, Apr-04-06 06:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty Mac
Oh what about canderal chocolate? I don't see anything on your list for the sweet tooth. What do you do about that?

I was a complete chocolate addict! Ate almost 300g of chocolate daily :o So when I started this new WOL I decided to not feed the craving, but rather starve it to death. And I did. It died :lol: It is such a relief to be free from the craving for sweets (especially chocolates!!). When I'm at goal I'll allow myself 2 or 3 squares of Lindt very dark chocolate a month, but only if I can handle it. I wouldn't touch the Canderel chocolate as it contains aspartame and I try to stay very far away from that poison. Remember that aspartame also causes cravings ;)

Shrinkinvi Sun, Apr-09-06 11:45

Awesome. Keep up the good work! But how did you get to be a "senior member" after one month?

betharoo0 Mon, Apr-10-06 17:57

Wow! this is sooooo encourageing!!! You look great and don't give up!!!! I need to jump back on the wagon! Actually to me you look like you lost more! Good for you! :D