Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   ! Finally Broke the 250 Barrier ! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=125399)

Gimmpy Thu, Jul-24-03 17:15

! Finally Broke the 250 Barrier !

This is such a major goal for me, I guess it is for anyone who has ever been over 300 lbs. I weighed in today at 246 1/2 lbs. I even crossed the 50% mark towards my goal. I am so pumped today.
If anyone would have told me last January that by July I would be under 250 I would never have believed them. After so many years of one diet after another. So many disappointments. I am truly beside myself.
This is the first year in several years that I did not make a new years resolution to loose weight. I didn't want to be disappointed in myself again. Just something in February made me want to give it another try.
Dr. A. were ever you are I owe you big time.
And a big thanks to all on this board. This board is a lifesaver.
64 lbs gone for ever. I can see that light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm not walking toward it anymore.....I'm jogging.
Best wishes to all.

Jennifer7 Thu, Jul-24-03 17:18

You should be incredibly proud of yourself. Wow! Just think about it. It takes a lot of courage and perseverence to do it and you have reached a major goal. Keep up the good work! and keep jogging!

Whammy Thu, Jul-24-03 18:59

WAY TO GO, Gimmpy! You must be elated--- I know that I am for you!
Great work; am so glad that your commitment is paying off. I look forward to reading about your continued progress.

Whammy

Fat Thu, Jul-24-03 19:03

:Party: Time.....Best of the Best to you........ :yay:

jers52 Thu, Jul-24-03 21:08

wonderful, Gimpy! You are doing great on this WOL! thanks for sharing your story- can we expect photos soon? I hope you are maintaining that type of photo journal - not even to share if you don't wish to yet, but that is where we can each start to appreciate our individual changes. I know I love to see those posts with pix on these boards - quite the inspiration! again, congrats!
Jan

GorbTech Thu, Jul-24-03 21:17

Great job.

Sngbrd45 Thu, Jul-24-03 21:33

:dazzle: What a great incentive you are! I can't wait till I shed that much too.

Keep it up...
I bought a little bookmark today that says :nono:"Never, Never, Never Quit-Winston Churchill" I've got it right here on my dest like a plaque to spur me on.
:clap: Pat :clap:

kelchris77 Thu, Jul-24-03 21:36

Alright!!! way to go!!! keep up the good work!!!

icadelai Thu, Jul-24-03 21:45

That is awesome! I am so glad that everyone shares that stuff... not only is it them celebrating... it gives the rest of us so much hope...
you can do it.... so can I thing
congradulations

vcrothb Thu, Jul-24-03 21:54

Way to go Gimmpy!! :yay: I LOVE hearing success stories like yours- my hubby started this WOE with me 4.5 weeks ago, and already we have noticed significant weight loss although our scale will not weigh him yet (he started at about 325). I will share your experience with him for sure!!

Gimmpy Thu, Jul-24-03 22:48

I appreciate everyone's kind words of encouragement. I truly am of the opinion that if I can do this anybody can.
jers52 yes I plan on posting my before and after pics once I hit the after goal. Right now i'm half way there and still too embarrassed about my size. But I have been taking pictures and measurements from the beginning. Of course by this point everyone notices how much I'm losing and I get comments all the time. It sure helps to spur you on.
This week I also went down to a XXL size in my shirts. I no longer have to get my clothes from Omar the tent maker.

Operaghost Thu, Jul-24-03 22:54

That is awesome Gimmpy! Being able to buy clothes again in a regular store was one of my goals! Congratulations!!

OG

Jeanne Sch Thu, Jul-24-03 23:38

YAY GIMMPY!!! YAY GIMMPY!!!

Don't be embarrassed of how you look now - you look adorable, grey and cuddly to me :) Who wants their ferret ears scratched? ;)

I'm only down 15 lbs but SOOOO excited about it (never felt this excited on other diets because I knew that I couldn't stick to the plan forever and the pounds would creep back on). That is NOT SO with Atkins - I can do this FOR LIFE :)

pattie Fri, Jul-25-03 08:40

Soooooooooo Proud of you!! :Party:
I love your attitude keep it up and please keep posting .
Thanks for the wonderful insperatin :sunny:

Pattie

DJ Jayito Wed, Mar-09-05 10:49

Congratulations

Congratulations!!! That's fabulous. I'm trying to break back below my barrier weight of 160. That seems to be the weight at which my weight loss hits a wall, until something finally kicks in. All my life, if I drop weight, 160 is a barrier. I have to be more restrictive, I guess. I cannot seem to drop weight if I live outside Phase 1.