Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Newbie Newbie Newbie! Breakfast Woes! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=185284)

iluv2race Tue, May-18-04 11:48

Newbie Newbie Newbie! Breakfast Woes!

I was wondering if anyone can give me any ideas for breakfast besides "EGGS." I have 4 more days of induction on Atkins and am already getting sick of Eggs for breakfast. I have gone through 5 dozen eggs in 10 days. Eating eggs for breakfast and hard boiled as snacks and on salad. :help:
I miss my cereal and toast, pancakes, waffles, french toast, muffins, oatmeal,
hashbrowns, etc..... I was so used to a variety. Eggs are boring boring boring!

What do you eat? What else can I eat? Recipes for breakfast? :help:

jagbender Tue, May-18-04 11:55

I eat eggs every day, Try the Mock danish, 2 T cream cheese softened in the mic (30 seconds) scramble in one egg, cinnamon a little salt and 2 pkts Splenda and nuke 2 minutes.
There are alot of recipies and variations of the Mock danish.
French toast with pork rinds sounds yucky but is good.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/...&cat=504&page=1
Jag

Jenn1851 Tue, May-18-04 12:52

I know I don't have time to prepare bacon and sausage---but I prepare it the night before and just nuke it in the morning---might help give you a variety (if you like it)

Also, tomatos are a great source in the morning.

I also miss my waffles, toast and cereal but it gets easier!!!

BBQman Tue, May-18-04 14:35

You don't have to have eggs for breakfast. You can have a steak if you want.

Iowagirl Tue, May-18-04 14:51

Yeah what he said. Eat a salad or whatever you feel like eating. You may want to check out the recipe theads as well - lots of good ideas there.

kerryanne Tue, May-18-04 15:17

I make myself a nice variety....sometimes eggs sometimes chicken salad or even a bacon salad is really nice too.....remember to have variety in all your meals to avoid boredom....Dont stick to conventional breakfast ideas... Also remeber a good breakfast will help you through till you eat again...Hope this helps...good luck...

iluv2race Tue, May-18-04 16:42

Ok Ok Ok, I guess I was just being "closed Minded" I didn't even think about eating anything else but "breakfast food".
Thanks! I will try eating lunch or dinner for breakfast. Sounds FUN!
Also am going to try out the Mock Danish tomorrow, it looks scrumpdillyicious!
I took my first Ketosis test today and it turned purple!!!!!!!!!!!! Yahoo!!!

jagbender Tue, May-18-04 18:03

Good job on your keto test. you recieve an "A" today
:)
Jag

LARISSA D Tue, May-18-04 18:36

Melba Toast, With Turkey Bacon And Melted Cheese As Breakfast Or A Snack Delicious!

Karen D. Tue, May-18-04 19:47

Another nice breakfast is 1/3 cup of ricotta cheese, thinned to your liking with some whipping cream, sweetened with Splenda or other sweetener. Add a tablespoon each of unprocessed bran and ground flaxseed, add a few raspberries or strawberries and enjoy!

Karen D.

supernova Tue, May-18-04 21:22

I hate, hate, hate eggs, which is so unfortunate for my Atkins journey. Every morning, I have ham and (ssshhhh.....cheat :devil: ) 4 strawberries. I know that the berries are totally anti-induction, but I am going crazy without being able to have cereal, yogurt or grapefruit (my breakfast staples for years).

Clearly, I won't suggest you eat strawberries, but ham and veggies is a great Atkins choice.

StephenS Tue, May-18-04 21:31

Bf

I eat a good tuna salad in the morning, Im thinking of making chicken salad, how do u make that thou? Im only 16, so :/ and man that Mock DANISH sounds delicious but im 16 and I dont know how to make anything really besides basics. I'm gona try, just the name makes me want to eat it, MOCK DANISH!!! *DREWLS* :agree:

iluv2race Wed, May-19-04 00:34

I tried the Mock Danish!

Oh it was pretty yummy! I think I will have it for breakfast and dessert! :D
I am not sure if I can "stomach" certain foods in the morning hours so I will just have to try!
Thanks for all your advice and support, ( I got an "A" !!!!!) :clap: , and give you guys an "A" also for being there for us Newbies.

BTW, I picked that Avatar for motivation! I wish I looked like that again. :blush:

MammaC Wed, May-19-04 06:48

Hi,
You know, I felt just like you about the eggs every morning when I first started. I thought I could not stand to eat another egg, but I just kept eating them most mornings and guess what, I've gotten to where I like them now and don't really get all that tired of them. I usually have one or two eggs and a couple of pieces of bacon. Sometimes I have Hood LC chocolate milk with them.

blueflyer Wed, May-19-04 06:57

Go take a peek at the receipe section. Think outside of the box. Some days I eat tuna salad, chicken salad, or a piece of turkey, mayo rollup with cheese.