Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Judy's Success on the Beach (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=278174)

Judynyc Mon, Aug-04-08 15:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaGail
:cheer:

I think I'm close in age to you - I just turned 57 in July with about 140 to lose. Just when I'm getting down, having started again for the millionth time, I saw your success story! Thanks so much for writing it and updating as well. You look so vivacious now (and younger too).

THANKS!

Thanks! :D
Don't ever give up...you can do this!! :agree:

alto Mon, Aug-04-08 16:51

I just saw your "morph" photo a few posts back -- what a story in pictures! I think it's great that you're still here, helping others, too. So many people lose it and run..... :)

brown-eyes Mon, Aug-04-08 18:06

Hey Judy...Just wanted to say I think your transformation is amazing. You look beautiful...We started at almost the exact same weight...I look back at my before pictures and remember how miserable I was and how difficult just walking around was. I wish you the best in maintaining....awesome morph photo....Sandy

donnaliz67 Sun, Nov-02-08 07:07

Judy, I love reading your success story. I've read it before, and I'll probably be reading it again. So much of it sounds so much like me. I always come here and re-read it when I need inspiration to be strong on my plan.

If you can do it, I can do it!!

Judynyc Sun, Apr-19-09 14:01

This month marks 5 yrs since I began....and never looked back!! :agree: :D
I'll be featured in Womans World in June....look for me!! :wave:

valleegirl Sun, Apr-19-09 14:50

Wowsza!

Totally amazing, and beautiful. You must feel excellent. I've been on Atkins before, and lost over 20 lbs. I am back again, as never stuck with it. I was 173.4, 5'4", and disgusted I let myself go. That was on Valentines day. I said that was it, enough. I started exercising, and now weigh 162/164 - keeps fluctuating. I unfortunately have a hard time sticking in induction, but am following low carb and working on the treadmill about 4-5 x/week, along with abdominal exercises. Takes me over an hour a day. I find I'm losing the weight so slow, but really can notice a change in my belly and how my clothes fit. I'd like to get in the 130s. I guess I have to smarten up, if I want to see more weight loss. I'm now starting to get shin splints which are fooling me up exercising. I was so motivated till that started. Then I got tendonitis in my arm. How do you keep going? I'm not gonna let it stop me, but it seems to make it that much harder! Grrrr!!

Thanks for your beautiful story. I'm soo motivated by stories I read here!

Nuttygran Tue, May-12-09 08:50

Judy, what an inspiration you are! I read your story with awe & admiration. Many congratulations.

NG.

Judynyc Tue, May-12-09 09:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttygran
Judy, what an inspiration you are! I read your story with awe & admiration. Many congratulations.

NG.

Thank you so much!!! :rose:

gloquilts Sat, Jun-20-09 17:24

Judy,

You have done an awesome job! I can relate to your story and have for awhile realized comfort food for me was a way to wallow in my problems. My divorce did a number on me and I turned to food........lost weight ..........gained back many many times.
You are definately a great inspiration and I am so grateful you still post and are such a great help!! I value your input! I hope to one day be a size 12/14 I don't think I ever was a 10 O):
Thanks,
Gloria

gloquilts Thu, Sep-03-09 18:28

Hi,

I just found this tonight and read about your weight loss journey. What an awesome story!! Thanks so much for sharing it and all the support you offer us TDC's.
I loved the picture I am not sure at all how this was done but great photos!

Keep up the great work you have done and I am a big FAN of yours!!
Gloria :wave: :wave: :wave:

kitasch Sun, Sep-06-09 05:23

thank you for your story you look great on your after picture and alot happier!

BrandiSBD Thu, Mar-25-10 16:14

Oh, wow. I actually teared up reading all this. I can relate SO SO SOOO much. You inspire me. Anytime I start to lose focus I'm going to reread this. Congratulations & THANK YOU for sharing it :bhug:

Judynyc Thu, Mar-25-10 19:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandiSBD
Oh, wow. I actually teared up reading all this. I can relate SO SO SOOO much. You inspire me. Anytime I start to lose focus I'm going to reread this. Congratulations & THANK YOU for sharing it :bhug:

Your very welcome Brandi! :rheart: and Thank you!! :wave:

BellaLucia Wed, Jul-28-10 16:03

You are an inspiration Judy!

mirinblue Tue, Aug-10-10 14:15

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!