Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Judy's Success on the Beach (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=278174)

Judynyc Wed, Dec-28-05 20:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by pammie30
I am 31 years old..I started doing this last Sept. and fell off the "wagon" during last Christmas...and look..a year has passed since then, and i have done NOTHING> It is so depressing! I hope to start again..in January...(next week) I need so so much support!
devandmarsmommy~aol.com

You can do this pammie!! :agree: stay with it and get real stubborn with yourself....one day at a time!! :idea:

Want some advice? well...here it is anyway :lol:
1- start a journal here and use it daily
2- introduce yourself in the Triple Digit Club...best place here for those like ourselves who need to lose 100 lbs or more....lots of support there!
3- come here daily and read and post alot!! it helps to stay in touch with others who are doing it too!! :agree:

My best to you!! :D

Bon Thu, Dec-29-05 05:58

Wow Judy, what an awesome journey you have had! Just goes to show that we get back twofold what we give others (even pupper dogs).

Congratulations on your continued success! The journey never really ends, does it?! Thank you for your inspiration!

Smiles,
Bon

meplus1 Fri, Dec-30-05 00:36

YAY!!!!! I am so proud of you Judy!!!

beauty2 Mon, Jan-02-06 16:02

Hi Judy
Just read your story, what an inspiration. I too like that part about making it work for you. I am just over 50 and seem to think that is why the weight is going up and sticking, but I see by your example that it can work.
Thanks for posting this for us all.
Have a restful week, if you can!!!
Donna

macglad Tue, Jan-03-06 19:03

Judy CONGRATS!! you and your story are an amazing testimony to determination. Thank you for sharing and enjoy:)

cyndilindi Wed, Jan-04-06 11:01

Judy your story sounds so much like mine it's scarry, even the diet dr's your mom took you to when you were young. I have lost 100 lbs on Atkins but find I can't stay on it for life, so for the last 2 years have been trying different diets like WW, Body for Life and anything else that I read I have kept all the weight off except 20 lbs but I still need to loose 50 lbs to make my goal and I just turned 50. I think I am ready to try SouthBeach, could you please print a daily menu just to see how you ate. I'm so used to Atkins that it seems confusing (I know that i'm making it harder then it is) but my mind isn't adjusting to this change in diet.
I can't wait to reach my goal. Congrats..................

CL

Judynyc Wed, Jan-04-06 11:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndilindi
Judy your story sounds so much like mine it's scarry, even the diet dr's your mom took you to when you were young. I have lost 100 lbs on Atkins but find I can't stay on it for life, so for the last 2 years have been trying different diets like WW, Body for Life and anything else that I read I have kept all the weight off except 20 lbs but I still need to loose 50 lbs to make my goal and I just turned 50. I think I am ready to try SouthBeach, could you please print a daily menu just to see how you ate. I'm so used to Atkins that it seems confusing (I know that i'm making it harder then it is) but my mind isn't adjusting to this change in diet.
I can't wait to reach my goal. Congrats..................
CL

Thanks Cyndi!! :D

I use my journal to log all my food each day and have since I began. Just click on my journal button below and start reading!! also, click on the food lists link in my signature and print that out along with the meal plan charts. Both are very useful tools to do this plan.

Stop by my journal with questions or go to the South Beach section on this web site.

Good luck! :thup:

ladygolden Wed, Jan-04-06 14:51

."...I am now officially in maintenance and am deliriously happy with myself. " ...As well you should be Judy ..your story has shown me that it can still be done after 50+ yrs of youth!..Congrats on a JOB well done! :cheer:

TinyDancer Fri, Jan-06-06 13:23

Judy, your story is awesome! Beautifully written!
You have been such an inspiration to me and so many others here on these boards. You stuck to it, and won! You deserve to be happy and feel good about yourself. I love the fact that sweet Daisy is why you succeeded this time. She is definitely your "Soul Dog" and was sent to you from Heaven.
Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Judynyc Sat, Jan-07-06 11:27

Quote:
She is definitely your "Soul Dog" and was sent to you from Heaven.

Thanks for this Pat!! She is a special girl...as you know!! ;)

Thanks to everyone for all your wonderful words!! :thup: :D

skalar Sat, Jan-07-06 12:26

This was a real inspiration.... as I have almost the same journey to go through! I hope I'm as successful!

tina-mich Mon, Jan-09-06 10:06

What an inspiration you are. Your story is so much like mine I to have distant myself from my family this past year.I feel that I am now ready to start to get healthier.
I have been lurking in your journal, it has helped me to get the motivation on getting started on the SB plan. I am so very proud of you. You have truly helped so many people.I will take your advice on keeping a journal, check triple digit site, and to come here daily and post as I need to be accountable and also need support. Thank you Judy, you have trully given me the hope. Tina

ConnieZ Thu, Jan-12-06 14:20

What a story!!! I think you just quoted my yo-yo story by heart. I am 52, 5'6" and need to loose 85 lbs. I am so tired of being sick and tired and thinking today is going to be the day.
I have to do this so I feel better physically and mentally. Thanks so much for your story.

Ernesto_1 Mon, Feb-20-06 10:09

Wow

First off congradulations on your triumph. You are a very nice looking woman, losing the weight only helped that.

Lyndyn Sat, Mar-11-06 13:10

Awesome! You look great! I'm inspired!