Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Deep Dish Pizza Quiche (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=44087)

DWRolfe Tue, Feb-25-03 16:12

It's a winner

bumping this forward for newbies...

YOU MUST TRY THIS RECIPE

Donald :wave:

oakejs Tue, Feb-25-03 20:37

Newbie here. :) It sounds great. Is it okay for induction?

digwig Tue, Feb-25-03 23:56

Hi oakejs,

I ran it through Fitday and it's 5 grams each piece if you use pepperonni as your topping and cut the pie into 6 pieces.

If you miss pizza, this can save your life. Serve it with a big salad and one or two pieces will leave you stuffed. The non-low carbers in your life should enjoy it, too.

Happy pizza-ing,
Dig

S_Hysmith Wed, Feb-26-03 00:13

Re: COUNTS

Quote:
Originally posted by pegva
I keep all the great recipes that I find here in Mastercook and it has a really good nutritional count utility. :D

I love MasterCook for the organizational ability, and because I keep a LOT of recipes in it. I started a new cookbook just devoted to LC cooking; when I take an existing recipe and convert it to LC I copy it over there.

Beware however , I found that MasterCook's nutrition information is not always accurate. I've compared a lot of Nutrition Facts labels to what it says in the MC Ingredients List and found some truly glaring discrepancies! Fortunately (unlike CalorieKing), the nutrition database in MC is editable. But take care to double check before trusting it. (I posted a recipe here a while back, Parmesan Chicken Bake, and MC calculated the carbs for the entire recipe, not for each serving!)

oakejs Wed, Feb-26-03 11:40

Thanks Digwig,

I'll make it this week. :cool:

pegva Wed, Feb-26-03 12:30

Mastercook

Quote:
I found that MasterCook's nutrition information is not always accurate.

Yes, me too... usually I've noticed that MC over estimates the carb count. But it's just another tool.
I made a LC cookbook as well.
It's one of my favorite programs.

S_Hysmith Wed, Feb-26-03 12:55

Re: Mastercook

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by pegva
I made a LC cookbook as well.

Trade you! :D :D

Mine is still fairly short, since I'm just starting out with this WOE, but you might find some interesting ones in there.

S_Hysmith Wed, Feb-26-03 12:58

Actually, you know what? I think I'll start a new thread about it. There are other MC users out there, I'm sure, and we could create an aggregate cookbook of all our good ideas!

pegva Wed, Feb-26-03 13:03

Yeah

Quote:
Originally posted by S_Hysmith
Actually, you know what? I think I'll start a new thread about it.

Excellent idea. Actually, my LC cookbook is extremely small, and it's at home (I'm at work now)...
Let me know when you start the MC thread.

S_Hysmith Wed, Feb-26-03 13:08

I started a discussion about Mastercook here

Hopefully the other MC users will chime in!

lperk002 Wed, Feb-26-03 15:18

This is probably a good place to announce this new LC product

I found a marinara sauce with just 4g of carbs per 1/2 cup and no added sugar. It is called Frank's All Natural Marinara . The email address on the label doesn't work, but the snail mail address is POB 916, Glastonbury, CT 06033.

The sauce is very flavorful, and I find the 1/2 cup is more than enough for the DDPQ.

Chickadee Sat, Mar-08-03 19:00

Great recipe, Donald. I have made it about three times now and I just can't believe how good it is. It definitely cures my pizza cravings! How did you come up with the recipe idea? :yum:

PoofieD Sat, Mar-08-03 23:53

did I mention??

How many people in the SLC area have this recipe and are enjoying it??
Well except for all the people that Jen's aunt Syd makes it for.. she is keeping it a "secret' so she looks good making it.. LOL
Hugs,
Nedra

Kayakker Mon, Mar-10-03 11:48

DDPQ

Donald:

Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. I made it for our Chick's weekend getaway in the mountains this past Friday.

I didn't *have* all the ingredients on hand, so made a Spinach and Feta version. Made exactly to your recipe, omitted suggested toppings, used all your cheeses plus feta on top of the spinach....it was to die for...

Thanks again Donald. xx

DWRolfe Mon, Mar-10-03 18:59

yummy

I also made one this weekend with spinach and loved it. Of course mine also had sausage and canadian bacon and mushrooms and onions and red and yellow peppers and pepperoni!

xod