Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Deep Dish Pizza Quiche (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=44087)

BigJay Mon, Sep-03-07 21:26

I tried this a week ago and it was outstanding. I had people try it that weren't low carbers and they would've thought it was a deep dish crust. This will definitely kill the pizza cravings.

Can_Linz Tue, Sep-04-07 21:30

I really want to try this recipe, but I'm wondering how 'eggy' the crust tastes. I'm wondering if I cut down the eggs to two or three if it would be more to my liking. Can anyone tell me if the crust is very noticably 'eggy' in taste and texture? Thanks.

wannadanc Tue, Sep-04-07 22:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can_Linz
I really want to try this recipe, but I'm wondering how 'eggy' the crust tastes. I'm wondering if I cut down the eggs to two or three if it would be more to my liking. Can anyone tell me if the crust is very noticably 'eggy' in taste and texture? Thanks.

This is so subjective that I doubt I can give you an answer that would match your experience. It has spices in it - as well as the cheese - so there isn't an egg issue - for me. For you, though, it might taste like Humpty Dumpty.

Why don't you try it the way it is supposed to be for the first round? If nothing else, you will like the topping. On the other hand, you might find yourself to enjoy this as much as most folks who have posted here have.

If you like it, but find it too eggy, that would be the time to tweak the egg amount.

Whatever you do - enjoy this incredible treasure.

Can_Linz Wed, Sep-05-07 10:42

Thanks a lot for the reply wannadanc. I will try it the way the original recipe states and then tweak it if necessary. Thanks again.

Jennay1024 Tue, Oct-09-07 06:22

This recipe is sooooo yummy!!! I actually doubled the recipe and put it still in the 9x13 pan, because I thought it might be to thin... and as this was my first time making it, I dont know how it should have turned out... but its wonderful... probably a little thicker than only 4 eggs, 4 oz cream cheese, buts its so filling and delicious!!! And to me, even with 8 eggs... with all the added cheese and spices, it doesnt really taste "eggy". I also lined the bottom with pepperoni... yum yum yum

easylyvin Sun, Oct-14-07 16:04

THIS IS SO GOOD! I rediscovered this recipe, I haven't made it in awhile, and my husband has forced me to make it 2 to three times a week for the past couple of weeks. Which isn't a problem, because it's good! Anyone that hasn't tried it, TRY IT!

suzanneM Thu, Oct-18-07 20:39

Rediscovered this one, too - I think I have a response on this thread in the first handful of pages, many moons ago. I'm happily low carbing again (and feeling great) and had to make this from memory last night as my internet was out.

Fanfreakingtastic. I added lots of herbs to the crust, and I make mine in a bigger pan so the crust is thinner - probably cuts down on the "eggy-ness". I think I am enjoying it more than "real" pizza because of all the herbs in the quiche crust. Bursts with flavor.

I also add a lot of Lowry's garlic salt. I eat way too much salt...

Walkerbabe Wed, Oct-24-07 06:17

Bumping this one up! It is an oldie...but a goodie!

SereneOne Wed, Oct-24-07 06:28

DH and I own a pizza restaurant, so pizza for dinner isn't too out of the ordinary here. This recipe has been a life saver!

I made a Buffalo Chicken version last weekend. Made the crust as written, then for toppings used cooked chicken, a *little* mozzarella and drizzled with hot sauce (I use Frank's Hot Sauce). Dipped the crust in Blue Cheese while I ate for a little extra yumminess.

missymagoo Wed, Oct-24-07 22:26

this is still a faverite for me. sue

kiki67 Thu, Nov-15-07 12:01

Going to try this this weekend for sure

FatFreeMe Mon, Nov-19-07 22:21

Tried it on Sat. I loved it. Also I ate the leftovers on Sunday and found the crust even better! if you find it too 'eggy' try it the next day as left overs.
Definite keeper!

Walkerbabe Wed, Dec-12-07 07:18

Bumping this one up. I plan to take it to all of the Christmas parties that I will attend this month! This is a REALLY delicious dish! I highly recommend it for those of us who love pizza but, want an on-plan version.

xray_girl Sat, Dec-15-07 18:49

mmm....garlic chicken and chorizo! happy experiments happen when you throw whatever is in the fridge on top of this crust! yum!

Natkins Fri, Dec-21-07 22:37

To make mine even more pizza-ish, I used two 9-inch Pyrex pie pans. Fit perfectly, and sliced into nice pizza wedges.

Oh, and definitely good cold the next day....