Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Ireland (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Is there any one out there living in Ireland (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=40912)

joe burns Mon, May-13-02 13:37

:wave: Hi everyone

I forgot i have relatives in Raheny i think it was Mayfield Drive they are O Reillys.My wife is from the same part of Sligo as myself.
We moved back from the UK after 20 years.

Joe

clodagh Tue, May-14-02 02:12

Joe

Would it be Maywood Drive? If so, I think I might know them. We lived on the main Howth Road so I used to play around in that estate when I was a child.

joe burns Tue, May-14-02 03:22

Clodagh

Brendan and Rose were the parents Brendan died a few years ago he worked at the airport

Joe

clodagh Tue, May-14-02 03:33

I'm not sure if it's the same people but are there a couple of girls and 1 boy in the family?
and are they very tall?!

Isn't it funny how Irish people always know someone in common? I worked in a hostel in Perth Australia a few years ago and I was the only Irish person there.

The lads in the hostel were fascinated that everytime an Irish person checked in, the new person and I would go through a ritual of ...'where are you from?' do you know so-and-do?

They used to sit around waiting for us to find someone in common...and I think they used to bet on how long it would take...

joe burns Tue, May-14-02 14:59

:daze: Yes there was a boy he was the eldest and 2 girls

Joe

Darkginger Fri, May-17-02 07:05

Total newbie to this forum here! I'm in Mayo (near Westport) - moved here from the UK almost 3 years ago. Great to find other people in Ireland here - I thought I was the only low carber in the country!

Jo

clodagh Fri, May-17-02 07:10

Jo

welcome to the Irish corner.

All, I am going to be on Marian Finucane on the radio on Tuesday!

I have a medical condition called PCOS, and we are setting up a support group for women with this condition.

It is so exciting for us, as we are having a big meeting on SAt 25th so this will help us fill up the room!

It's on between 9 and 10 if you get a chance to hear it.

I'm going to talk about low carb if I can.

Clo

fiona Sat, May-18-02 00:34

Good Luck

Good Luck with your support group for PCOS and on Tuesday, Clo.
We have a PCOS sub-forum on this website - feel free to post there to keep in touch with each other.

{Clo: Isn't it funny how Irish people always know someone in common?} LOL! Whenever I went anywhere with Mum I would just sit and wait for them to "take off". The conversation would go just as it did in this thread! Sometimes I'll go to a wedding or other social event without her and complete strangers (to me anyway) would come up and ask if I was so-and-so's daughter ;)

Take care.

joe burns Mon, May-20-02 07:40

:cheer: Good luck tommorrow
What station is it on?

Joe

clodagh Mon, May-20-02 07:46

Thanks Joe

It's on RTE Radio One between 9am and 10am. We don't know yet what time we'll be on.

Clo

Doodle Mon, May-20-02 09:34

Best of luck tomorrow, I will surely tune in.

We need our own little space here I think! ;)

Doods.

joe burns Tue, May-21-02 05:34

:clap: Clodagh

Well done this morning ,i thought you and your friend came across very well with your topic and ye were both very brave people to discuss it.
There is a station here in the West called NWR and the host is Tommy Marron so ye might like to speak to him i am sure he would give you some air time.As alot of females in the west would be listening to the show rather than Radio 1.

Joe

Darkginger Tue, May-21-02 06:45

Blast! I missed it - and I really wanted to hear it, too. Glad it went well for you - would love to hear you on NWR, too - keep us posted!

Jo

Doodle Tue, May-21-02 07:15

:mad:
I missed it too... I was preoccupied with the new puppy cr*pping everywhere :(
Doods.

clodagh Thu, May-23-02 08:38

Hi all

You can listen to it on the web if you like www.rte.ie and look up marian finucane.

The diet got most response - RTE's switchboard was jammed completely.

It was very exciting and we have tripled our membership in 2 days!!!

I also wanted to tell you all about a ready made dinner I bought in Tesco - I never eat processed food, but was so busy today, I got the Thai red chicken curry - only 12g carbs per pack!

and it was gorgeous!!!!

just thought you might be interested. Had a big salad with it. it was very good.

Clo