Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Restarting and Committed (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=484176)

Lioness_73 Sat, Jul-18-20 16:04

Restarting and Committed

Hi all,

I am a seasoned and Veteran lowcarber since 2003. My husband is committed to doing this with me, so this makes it so much easier.

Thankful I did not make it back to my highest weight ever, but starting out at 266.2 as of stepping on the scale a couple of days ago.

Just did an instacart grocery order to stock up on veggies to go along with the meat we already have in the freezer.

I didn't know the old forum that I used to belong to is no longer active. I'm happy that this one still is. I have an old userID, but don't know what email address I signed up with and cannot remember the password to get logged in, so new account here we are!!!

Chris250 Wed, Jul-29-20 19:59

I also restarted this July - at 250. I've been on program for 1 week and doing well. I want my first goal to be 25 lbs and will see if my lower back and right leg pain will improve. I went to PT and am doing the exercise-not helping much.
We all have a story on why we quit and why we return. don't worry about your story, just start today.

Merpig Wed, Jul-29-20 20:59

Well welcome back to LC. I hope you’re doing well getting back into the program. This is a great place to hang out.

Lioness_73 Fri, Jul-31-20 05:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris250
I also restarted this July - at 250. I've been on program for 1 week and doing well. I want my first goal to be 25 lbs and will see if my lower back and right leg pain will improve. I went to PT and am doing the exercise-not helping much.
We all have a story on why we quit and why we return. don't worry about your story, just start today.

Hi and thank you for the response.

My husband and I both are doing well on this plan. Weight loss is slow (but we are in our late 40's), but the other benefits of low carb are showing up such as more energy, less digestive issues, better rest and sleep. The weight loss will come.

Knee pain is a bit better with just a couple pound loss. Hopefully my left hip and lower back will stop hurting so much.

Lioness_73 Fri, Jul-31-20 05:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
Well welcome back to LC. I hope you’re doing well getting back into the program. This is a great place to hang out.

Thank you! We are doing well with the eating......I am also on the road to stopping smoking and well, I am struggling with this area just a bit. I will get there though. I am 19 days with no cigarettes.

Ms Arielle Fri, Jul-31-20 09:08

Congrats on the 19 days!!!!!

Welcome. There are games to play and meet a few members. There is 5# weightloss competition, two word games currenly , and a 90 day change your habit challenge and that is any habit. Helped me stop stuffing down half a pizza by staying at two peices. It actually stopped my cravings for pizza.

Anway....welcome.

WereBear Sat, Aug-01-20 05:52

Don't forget the forum has lots of great recipes.