Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Victoria Sept. get-together (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=380593)

GlendaRC Tue, Aug-19-08 21:27

Victoria Sept. get-together

Well, Kelsey's worked out OK - three taco-less chicken taco salads with sour cream and salsa plus guacamole! Lauren, who is not totally off grains, had hers with the taco. The lemon-pepper salmon sounded good too, so we now have another alternative for places that will let us "deconstruct" the menu.

Anyhow, September dates? At the moment any mid-week looks good for me, so Janet - when are you planning to come over? Luba? TamiK? Best times for you???

Mousesmom Tue, Aug-19-08 22:12

Kelsey's was great..... enjoyed meeting Lauren very much!

I am away for the first and last weeks of September (2-5 - work - and 22 to Oct 2 - play) but I will make a real effort (I PROMISE) to be there for any other day......

Missed you tonight, Anny and Steph!!!! Hope to see you both, and Janet too, soon.....

Julie

IslandGirl Wed, Aug-20-08 00:47

Subscribe now! :wave: (or post, if you have your settings at auto-subscribe-on-post or whatever the heck it's called)

I so look forward to getting together with y'all.

:devil:

sunpines Wed, Aug-20-08 13:23

Julie wrote: "I am away for the first and last weeks of September (2-5 - work - and 22 to Oct 2 - play)" So... sometime btwn the 8th and 19th? Maybe Tuesday the 9th or 16th?

We could have another BBQ chez moi or meet at a restaurant after work.

Sorry I missed y'all -- sounds like you had a blast, as usual. :wave:

Mousesmom Wed, Aug-20-08 15:46

Either 9 or 16 works for me.....

Julie

LaurenLN Wed, Aug-20-08 19:44

Hi - yes it was good to get out last night. And it was fun, too! Thanks Julie, Glenda and Jude.
I have vacation from Sept 26 to Oct 16. So I am available anytime other than that. I am happy to go anywhere for dinner, and this place was as friendly and suitable as any.

See you all again in Sept!
Lauren.

GlendaRC Thu, Aug-21-08 00:55

Well, I can make both the 9th and the 16th, although the 9th might be awkward ... our favourite golf course has their annual "open tournament" that day and it's an all-day thing. No ... I don't expect to win anything (except maybe a door prize or maybe "the most honest" which is given to the person who turns in the highest score! It's a $25 hamburger to support the club and the people who run it! Plus it's a lot of fun!!!

Anny, is Jude right? Is your physio usually on Tuesdays and would another day work better? And luba, sorry we missed you this month ... I could use another senior in our group (I've made it into the 70's) to help cope with these energetic youngsters! On the other hand, they help to keep me from getting old!!!

Anyhow, the whole point of this post was supposed to be asking if Tuesdays are written in stone? Maybe there's another day of the week that suits everyone better? When I have a show on the weekends, (even on the mainland), we're home Sunday evening so Monday to Thursday is usually open for me - Fridays can be problematical!

Mousesmom Thu, Aug-21-08 07:11

There's no magic to Tuesday for me. I tend to have physio or massage Monday and Thursday after work, but I can change that. Who knows how long I will be going..... Have to see what ICBC says next week. Doc says to keep at it though... sorry, wandering OT here (something new for me LOL).

Julie

Mousesmom Thu, Aug-21-08 07:13

Oh, I forgot to add that Kelsey's food was good.

The waiter was funny... poor guy ;~) - it really was good of him to check out the ingredients for me!

Julie

sunpines Thu, Aug-21-08 09:44

No set day for me for physio but I'm going to try for Monday afternoons so Tuesday is good for me.

Mousesmom Thu, Aug-21-08 20:00

So shall we try for September 16? Who's in?

Julie

IslandGirl Thu, Aug-21-08 22:48

Sign me up! Carolyn should be back by then, too...

:wave:

GlendaRC Fri, Aug-22-08 06:44

It's on my calendar - I'm in!

Sandollar Fri, Aug-22-08 13:25

I'll have to be a party-pooper again since I'm pet-sitting every night that week.
I'm writing it in anyway...and if I can swing it I will be there!
I'll check back for the time and place.

IslandGirl Fri, Aug-22-08 18:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandollar
I'll have to be a party-pooper again since I'm pet-sitting every night that week.
I'm writing it in anyway...and if I can swing it I will be there!
I'll check back for the time and place.

How many and what kind? (dawgs, that is)

:wave: