Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Specific Exercise Plans (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   [BFL] easy quick meal (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=163796)

flynnlee Sat, Jan-31-04 22:31

easy quick meal

well. i don't know if you would call this a meal, necessarily. but i've found it helps. just get lean oscar mayer ham (11 g protein for one serving, i believe) with a little bit of mayonaise (never had a problem with kraft mayonase and losing weight). it's a great snack just before bed--EAS magazine energy for women says you should get in a 100 calorie protein rich snack before bed so your muscles have it to repair. i've done it and think it works. just a tip!

caverjen Sun, Feb-01-04 08:54

Sounds yummy! I like taking the veggie ham or other veggie deli meats (used to be a vegetarian, so I don't mind these, and they never have nitrites) and spreading cream cheese on them and wrapping them up. Even tastes good with the fat free cream cheese, although a dab of mayo would be even better. Good idea for a thread, BTW. Let's all throw in some suggestions for meals and snacks!

Yogurt and berries: mix 1/2C fat free yogurt, 2/3 cup frozen mixed berries and sweetener of choice, let sit in fridge overnight. Then add 5T TVP and 2 crumbled pecan halves. Approx. 20g protein, 20g carb, 3g fat

BFL-style chocolate goo: 2T chocolate protein powder, 1t cocoa powder, 1/2T almond butter, 2oz fat-free cream cheese, dash Davinci chocolate syrup, squirt of stevia. Mix all ingredients until well blended, adding unsweetened soy milk or skim milk to make it smooth. Add fruit or use as a dip for fruit. Approx. 20g protein, carb varies, 3g fat

Bean and Tofu Burritos : I omitted the potato, used light tofu and black soy beans. I added fat-free shredded cheddar and used low-carb tortillas. Thought they were totally bland at first, then realized I forgot the salt- they need it, but then they were really good. There's a lot of potential for variation on this recipe.

OK, someone else's turn!

Jen

fridayeyes Sun, Feb-01-04 15:35

easy waldorf

chop an apple, add a 10-12 oz can of white meat chicken (bigger than tuna can size), 1/3 c low fat yogurt, dab of honey mustard/hot mustard, psyllium husks optional

fridayeyes Mon, Feb-02-04 12:09

Made this for dinner last night and the family raved about it.

Chop 3 bell peppers and 5-6 large mushrooms. Toss with about 1/4 cup Teriyaki marinade. (Choose your marinade carefully, some have lots of sugar, some have lots of fat)
Add 12-15 frozen, skinless chicken tenderloins. toss, adding a bit more marinade if necessary. Put in 9x13 baking dish and bake at 375 for about a half an hr. YUM!

tip: don't do like I did and get absorbed in a video game and bake for 45 mins instead of half an hr....

Cheers,

Friday

LisaS Tue, Feb-03-04 20:02

my fav post-workout snacks (and post-workout is btw 10-11PM <G> for me)
turkey slices with FF cream cheese and a little mustard or chipotle tabasco all rolled up like a cigar.
celery stuffed with 1 wedge of laughing cow lite cheese - and a few slices (~50g) turkey on the side.