Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Milestones (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   I have lost 100 pounds! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=466140)

Rosebud Tue, Mar-10-15 20:24

I have lost 100 pounds!

It has taken a long, long time. Over 13 years really.

You see, I joined this forum at the beginning of January, 2002. And I'm embarrassed to admit that I only weighed 185 at that point. But this has been a long and bumpy road. So for all those people who feel embarrassed to admit they have gained weight along the way, I am one of you.

But a couple of years ago, I got serious (for something like the 347th time :blush: ), and somehow, something actually clicked this time.

Why am I not calling myself a success story? Because for a start, despite my current stats saying I have lost 100% of the weight I intend to lose, as I have said several times on the forum, I don't really know what my goal is. I'm planning to eat this way forever, and my body can decide for itself when it has reached its goal. I sat between about 55 and 58 kilos (121 and 128ish pounds) until I was in my late forties and my health went nuts, but now I am 65 I dont really expect or even want to be quite that thin. In fact, I'll be perfectly happy to stay right where I am. I just wouldn't mind slightly less tummy and hips. ;) But isn't that almost every woman?

The other reason I'm not writing a fullblown Success story is that I want to wait unti I have kept this weight off for at least a year, preferably 2. :)

khrussva Tue, Mar-10-15 21:01

Wow. Great post. What an accomplishment! WTG Roz! It is amazing what can happen when you figure out how to do this WOE correctly.

Gypsybyrd Tue, Mar-10-15 21:11

Awesome Roz! I'm very happy for you!!!!

Rosebud Tue, Mar-10-15 21:23

Thanks so much, Ken and Robyn. I appreciate your kindness.

newlowc Tue, Mar-10-15 21:37

Having difficulty spelling success? Let me help.

Rose b_d.

Buy a vowel A E I O U

Congats.

Rosebud Wed, Mar-11-15 01:07

That's a cute post, newlowc! Thank you. :)

Just Jo Wed, Mar-11-15 04:03

:wave: Rosebud! HUGE Congrats on reaching your desired goal weight!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
It has taken a long, long time. Over 13 years really.

You see, I joined this forum at the beginning of January, 2002. And I'm embarrassed to admit that I only weighed 185 at that point. But this has been a long and bumpy road. So for all those people who feel embarrassed to admit they have gained weight along the way, I am one of you.

But a couple of years ago, I got serious (for something like the 347th time :blush: ), and somehow, something actually clicked this time.
Your story could be my story, except I've been playing the yo yoing game (lose/gain repeat rinse recycle) since 1978 when I lost my first 110 lbs or so on A '72!!! I think a lot of us play that game until something "clicks"!!

Where you wrote 347th...mine would read a gazillion times... I lost track after a bazillion...
Quote:
Why am I not calling myself a success story? Because for a start, despite my current stats saying I have lost 100% of the weight I intend to lose, as I have said several times on the forum, I don't really know what my goal is. I'm planning to eat this way forever, and my body can decide for itself when it has reached its goal. I sat between about 55 and 58 kilos (121 and 128ish pounds) until I was in my late forties and my health went nuts, but now I am 65 I dont really expect or even want to be quite that thin. In fact, I'll be perfectly happy to stay right where I am. I just wouldn't mind slightly less tummy and hips. ;) But isn't that almost every woman?

The other reason I'm not writing a fullblown Success story is that I want to wait unti I have kept this weight off for at least a year, preferably 2. :)
I see you reasoning for not wanting to write a full-blown success story, but YOU are a SUCCESS STORY...you have successfully LOST 100 lbs ~ that is SUCCESS!!! By definition... you have MET your goal = success??

Well I think so... :D :agree:

Now your new goal... MAINTENANCE! One successful meal at a time, one successful day at a time, one successful week, etc! You can do this!

I'm cheering you "Onward & MAINTENANCE 4ever! :cheer:

:rheart: Jo :D

Hi! :wave: My name is Jo and I’m a recovering morbidly obese carb addict!

Currently working on my MIM (Masters in Maintenance ~ year 1 under my belt) cause I have several PhDs in being a BIG FAT LOSER, but never a maintainer...

leemack Wed, Mar-11-15 07:43

congrats Rosebud!

Hellistile Wed, Mar-11-15 10:13

Congratulations Roz! This could be my story as I've been at this for many years and have not yet reached my goal weight. You serve as an inspiration that it can be done even though it may take a lot of restarts and bumps along the way. Thanks!

PilotGal Wed, Mar-11-15 10:16

congrats to you, Rose!
may you continue to stick to your guns and keep it off!

good going!

Whirrlly Wed, Mar-11-15 10:21

I agree with JJ ---YOU are a success! don't for one second downgrade any of this big accomplishment. now for the other part, seeing where you settle, working maintenance to the best of your ability.

CONGRATS. it is seeing others hit their goal area that makes me want to continue :)

so---THANK YOU!!

Zuleikaa Wed, Mar-11-15 10:26

Congratulations, Roz!!!!!!!!

jessdamess Wed, Mar-11-15 11:33

Congrats again!
Amazing job!

omablue Wed, Mar-11-15 11:56

Way to go Roz. You are an inspiration and a success by my definition.

Nancy LC Wed, Mar-11-15 12:19

Congrats! That's awesome!