Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   One of those days (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=482174)

LiterateGr Tue, Mar-19-19 10:11

One of those days

Loss has been slower than I like of late... stress has been higher. I can't find my BG monitor -- I think it got left at the gym. (Need to go check.)

Need to get in to the lab, for my follow-up bloodwork (So doc can decide if I'm really capable of handling this diabetes thing without meds, like I claimed, or if I need a little help.)

Haven't.

Depressed.

Yesterday, wanted to curl up with a big bucket of popcorn, and hide from the world.

Didn't.

(Instead, I had a few cheese slices, some almonds, and nibbled on the fresh salad greens I'd gotten from a friend, before hubby came home & made me dinner. Yeah, being so pathetic right now that I'm not even cooking for myself.) (Dinner looked like some of those salad greens, topped with some of the chopped brisket I'd roasted up the other night. Who needs dressing when the greens are this fresh?)

Can't decide whether or not I should eat, today. My goal is to fast, and go get my lab work tomorrow morning. We'll see how I feel tonight.

I figure every time I want to give in to emotional eating, and DON'T, that's a win. But right now, need to talk about the fact I got through it, to make it real and keep me from giving in today.

WereBear Tue, Mar-19-19 17:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiterateGr
Yesterday, wanted to curl up with a bigI figure every time I want to give in to emotional eating, and DON'T, that's a win. But right now, need to talk about the fact I got through it, to make it real and keep me from giving in today.

That is a triumph, and I understand that issue. Good for you!

LCer4Life Tue, Mar-19-19 22:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiterateGr
Loss has been slower than I like of late... stress has been higher. I can't find my BG monitor -- I think it got left at the gym. (Need to go check.)

Need to get in to the lab, for my follow-up bloodwork (So doc can decide if I'm really capable of handling this diabetes thing without meds, like I claimed, or if I need a little help.)

Haven't.

Depressed.

Yesterday, wanted to curl up with a big bucket of popcorn, and hide from the world.

Didn't.

(Instead, I had a few cheese slices, some almonds, and nibbled on the fresh salad greens I'd gotten from a friend, before hubby came home & made me dinner. Yeah, being so pathetic right now that I'm not even cooking for myself.) (Dinner looked like some of those salad greens, topped with some of the chopped brisket I'd roasted up the other night. Who needs dressing when the greens are this fresh?)

Can't decide whether or not I should eat, today. My goal is to fast, and go get my lab work tomorrow morning. We'll see how I feel tonight.

I figure every time I want to give in to emotional eating, and DON'T, that's a win. But right now, need to talk about the fact I got through it, to make it real and keep me from giving in today.

WTG LiterateGr. You are winning and doing well. Keep it going.

JEY100 Wed, Mar-20-19 05:59

Before a blood draw only fast as long as recommended...usually about 10-12 hours. Longer is not better. Eat VLC and high fat the days before. I found lowering the fat or fasting pushed results in the wrong direction.

LiterateGr Wed, Mar-20-19 09:28

Kept my fast last night. (Kudos to hubby, who DIDN'T offer me dinner. If he had, I think I would have said yes.)

Down 0.4 lbs this morning... will get labwork done after I watch my morning stuff and shower.