Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Cheryl's Exercise Log (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=343799)

cdjohnson Thu, Aug-02-07 10:56

Cheryl's Exercise Log

I was reading everyone's logs and decided to start one myself to keep me motivated.

I have been to the gym every day this week and will probably take weekends off because I work midnights on the weekend.

I am a member at Energy Fitness. I do the "Strive" weight training which works all upper and lower body areas and takes about 30 min. I then move on to the Crossramp by Precor and do the weight loss course which takes about 35 minutes.

Next week, I will up my weights on each machine by 5 pounds. I will also starting doing my pilates video and ab video at home each day.

xochitl Thu, Aug-02-07 11:37

ummm. how do you get a gym log? please assist. thanks.
i think that will help me make sure i get my excercise in.

cdjohnson Thu, Aug-02-07 15:10

Gym Log

You can start your own in this forum. You already found the gym logs. You can start your own and then post to it whenever you want to.

I plan to post every day during the week. Probably won't on the weekends because that is when I work.

Good Luck!!

cdjohnson Sun, Aug-05-07 00:37

Friday and Saturday

I didn't get a chance to post Friday or Saturday so I am going to post now.

I worked minights Thursday night so I slept Friday morning until noon. I then got up and ate lunch and then hit the gym with my son around 1:45.

Weight Training for 30 min. and Crossramp for 35 min.

I didn't have to go in to work on Friday night but my husband wanted to get up and do some things outside before it got extremely hot. I didn't make it to the gym until 12:15

Weight Training for 30 min. which is getting easier so I will probably add 5 pounds to my weights this week. Crossramp for 35 min. which was not as difficult as it was at the beginning of the week.

The other amazing thing was that I keep trying on a particular pair of jeans that last week I could not even button or zip up. Today I was able to button and zip them up and didn't even feel or look stuffed in them. Yeah!!! :Party:

bsheets Sun, Aug-05-07 02:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjohnson
I plan to post every day during the week. Probably won't on the weekends because that is when I work.
Fabulous, and I'll check back here every few days just to make sure you do :o :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjohnson
The other amazing thing was that I keep trying on a particular pair of jeans that last week I could not even button or zip up. Today I was able to button and zip them up and didn't even feel or look stuffed in them. Yeah!!! :Party:

Sounds fantastic! I work shifts too so I know how difficult scheduling anything regular can be, but you're making great moves. Well done! And those jeans ... amazing progress. Yay!

e

cdjohnson Mon, Aug-06-07 08:06

Good Morning!

I am having so much energy it is unbelievable!

I stepped on the scales at the gym this morning and had lost another pound from Saturday. :cheer:

I did as I had planned and added 5 pounds to each of the weight machines that I use today. Boy, by the time I got to the 5th or 6th rep I was struggling but I did all 10 reps on each machine. Each machine has 3 settings for different muscles so I am actually doing 3 sets of 10 reps each.

I then did 35 minutes on the crossramp machine which I have decided I LOVE. 35 minutes burns 350 calories and is 2.62 miles. It was a little easier today than last week. On Saturday, I had to stop a couple of times to catch my breath and let my legs rest for a few seconds. I was very happy to today when I did not have to stop at all. I just kept plugging away!! I think by the time I do that the rest of this week. I will be able to up the crossramp from 4 (which I do now) to 5.

I hope everyone is doing as well as I am. Today is my official first 2 weeks on Atkins and have a total weight loss of 11 pounds! I am going to stay on Induction for a while longer. I know the DANDR book says to stay on it until within 10 pounds of your goal weight. I think I am going to try to do that so I will be on Induction for a while. That would mean I need to lose 20 more pounds before starting OWL.

xochitl Mon, Aug-06-07 14:15

Hey how's pilates working? i may have to get it. i want to do it for my morning work out.

cdjohnson Mon, Aug-06-07 15:17

Pilates

I have used Pilates before with working out and had great success with it. It really lengths and tones the thighs and stomach. It uses the core muscles. The video I have is really a pilates/yoga mix. It is mainly Pilates but there are a few yoga poses as well for your back.

I haven't gotten around to it today. I want to start incorporating it this week.

The tape I have is by Denise Austin and is good if you don't mind her "perkiness". Some people don't like her but I do.

I hope that information helps you! Let me know if you give it a try.

cdjohnson Tue, Aug-07-07 08:05

Checking In

I was at the gym bright and early again today. :)

I did my strive circuit for 30 min.

I did the crossramp for 35 min. which today was 2.65 miles and burned 330 calories.

I also added the weight machines for hip abduction, hip adduction and squats.

Unfortunately, I probably won't get to Pilates today because I am scheduled in an hour to go to the Red Cross to donate platelets for cancer patients. No heavy lifting or strenous exercise for the rest of the day.

Cheryl

Chubby_one Tue, Aug-07-07 11:18

Thanks for stoppin by, girl. I just started my gym log as well. It does seem to help me keep track of what I'm doing and what/where my goals are.

Congrats on your success so far. :D Keep up the good work.

cdjohnson Tue, Aug-07-07 19:45

Evening workout

Tonight was the first night I worked out in the evening after already working out in the morning. I wasn't able to donate platelets today at Red Cross because my iron was 2 points to low.

Anyway, I finally got around to doing my Pilates tape which was about 20 minutes. I then did my Ab workout video by Joyce Vedral which was about 25 minutes. Then I did the fat-melting video by Joyce Vedral which was another 25 minutes.

The kids were gone and I had so much energy, and I didn't want to just sit and watch television so I decided to exercise.

When I can fit in the evening workouts I will. I really like these particular tapes. I also have some Tae-Bo which I haven't done in a while but I don't think I am ready to drag those out just yet.

cdjohnson Wed, Aug-08-07 08:29

Today's workout

I hit the gym again early this morning! :)

30 min. of Strive machines plus the two hip machines I added yesterday.

35 min. on Crossramp which was a distance of 2.68 today and burned 340 calories. I am increasing my pace which is helping me to go farther and burn more calories each day. When I feel like this becomes a little to easy. I will bump up the crossramp from my current 4 to 5.

I plan to do Pilates later this afternoon and my abs video as well. :agree:

I hope everyone else is getting there workout completed each day! :yay:

cdjohnson Wed, Aug-08-07 15:02

Well, I stuck to what I said I was going to do and got out my Pilates video and did Session I on it. Then I moved on to my abs video and completed the session on it for beginners.

About 20 minutes for each video so another 40 min. of exercise for me today. :)

I don't know if I will be able to fit all of my "extra" workouts in tomorrow. I have to meet my mother at my grandmother's house to help give her a bath and get her hair washed. She has Alzheimer's and can't do it herself and she is becoming to hard to handle for my mother alone. I am going to hit the gym either before or after I go to her house.

I'll be checking in again tomorrow. I am finished for today.

Terry-24 Wed, Aug-08-07 15:37

Cheryl,

Wow, you're doing great! Inspiring, in fact--

Cheers--
Terry-24

Chubby_one Wed, Aug-08-07 16:32

:agree:

You're doing great! I bet those pounds are gonna start droppin. :D