Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Deep Dish Pizza Quiche (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=44087)

Rocky_Cdn Wed, May-19-04 09:30

Finally tried this... and it's as good as it looks! Thanks for sharing DW.

I added hot sauce to the egg/cream mixture and it's got a great little zing!

:yum:

Liquidguy Sun, May-30-04 15:17

Oh wow...

I'm speechless. This is the best thing I've tasted since starting Atkins. All hail the chef!

Mearra Sat, Jun-12-04 23:24

This sounds wonderful I will try it this week on the family. Have had a hard time finding kid friendly recepes!!!

My kids put tabasco on their pizza for a kick, and then dip it in ranch(they have 0 carb ranch)mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :wave:

meowmisu Tue, Jun-15-04 08:52

this was soooooo good- i was a little hesitant about trying it- i was like- oh man, more eggs no way. It wasnt eggy at all, the "crust" gets browned and slightly crisp so that you can actually pick it up nd eat it like a slice of pizza. it was even better this morning warmed up in my toaster oven. soo very goooooodddd! :yum:

Norma June Wed, Jun-16-04 06:32

I always saute my green peppers, onion, mushrooms, etc. in olive oil before putting it on the pizza. And using nuked pepperoni as the crust is to die for. Putting the egg/cheese mixture on top of nuked pepperoni makes it even better. Oh droool!

iwill Wed, Jun-16-04 06:51

I made it last night, it was awesome, made mine with baby portabella's and pepperoni. I highly reccomend that recipe!

ThinMe2B Tue, Jul-20-04 11:19

YUM! This was so good. It's hard to believe it's low carb. Thanks for the recipe. I will be using it often!

twistermom Thu, Jul-22-04 05:37

I made this last night and all I can say is OMG! It was so good. I had to split the rest up and freeze it right away so I wouldn't eat it all! I can't wait to try it out on my daughter. I used mushrooms, green peppers, sausage, ground beef and pepperoni.

LCdolphin Tue, Jul-27-04 00:01

This was gorgeous! Definately recommend it!

CheriYM Tue, Jul-27-04 23:23

Another fan of this recipe!! I made a half recipe just to try it first, and immediately regretted that I hadn't done a full one!! I did it in an 8x8 glass pan and let the crust cool and then carefully got it out of the pan and onto a cooling rack, put the toppings on it and put the cooling rack directly on the oven rack to bake it. The bottom got crispy-ish and it was very pizza-like.

triplemom Wed, Aug-04-04 10:56

Yuuuuuummmmmmmm! I tried this today. My favorite pizza place in college had a broccoli/mushroom/black olive pizza that a friend and I used to split (along with a whole basket of buttered rolls - geez - no wonder I got fat). I tried that combination today (sans the buttered rolls) and it was wonderful!

sazz Tue, Aug-10-04 08:03

This is the best recepie i have found on here! It tastes just like the home made pizza we used to make at home when i was a kid!

Thanks !!

AndreaBash Wed, Aug-11-04 21:08

I admit I didn't read all of the replies, but wanted to add another post to the list. :)

WOW!

Thanks for posting this awesome recipe! :)

clk Fri, Aug-13-04 09:59

I just want to add my comments. I made the DDPQ yesterday, using crisped pepperoni as a base. I couldn't believe how good it was. I had four people over, three of them kids, and none of them low carbers like me. They practically inhaled it. Needless to say, I have none left, and I will have to make more today for me. All my guests thought it was actually better than regular pizza. This recipe is going to be a mainstay from now on. It will make low-carbing easier, because NOW I CAN HAVE PIZZA!!!

db81971 Sun, Aug-15-04 18:29

OH MY GOD! DONALD! YOU ARE A GOD!

I'm telling ya, this was the best recipe I have tried so far! I was absolutely fabulous! Even my hubby who would "NEVER" low carb, said it was Very good.

I have already made it twice.... once with hamburger onions mushrooms pepperoni

But the second one..... OMG! lc BBQ sauce, grilled chicken, green onions, mushrooms and hot peppers! IT was to die for!

( I also made a little sample in the corner for a future idea.... marinated artichokes, green olives, cherry tomatoes, and a little feta cheese. This was also VERY good. But I would advise really squeezing the juice out of the tomatoes, as it was a bit wet.)

Thank you again Donald.....

-Beverly