Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Deep Dish Pizza Quiche (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=44087)

ssofian Tue, Jul-12-05 10:15

Most recent version of this is Bacon Cheeseburger DDPQ.

I precook the bacon and line the pan with it. Then add pizza cheese mix and the base. Cook as instructed then add tomato sauce (mized with minced onion, garlic powder, and italian herbs), and then I added cooked ground sirloin, green onion, and sauteed mushrooms and topped with mozzerella and finished cooking. The best results for me are to pop it back into the oven for 7 minutes then under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese on top.

This is heavenly!

angel47 Tue, Jul-12-05 15:55

question for DwRolfe

Hi my name is Vicki I am still in induction......is this recipe good for that stage of Atkins :) It sounds Yummy :yum:
Vicki

ssofian Thu, Jul-14-05 09:17

I am pretty sure that all the ingredients are induction friendly. Make sure if you use the tomato sauce that it doesnt have added sugars.

*rosebud* Mon, Jul-25-05 21:50

Big Hit!

This was so great. I served this tonight for dinner and my mom and brother (they are not low carbers) really enjoyed it.

I made it with the pepperoni crust. The last time I made low carb pizza I used a soy flour crust and I wasn't happy with the results. (barf)

THIS was very flavorful and yummy. I will make this again and again!

My toppings today:

mushrooms, onion, garlic (sauted together in olive oil)
pepperoni
black olives

Next time I will try Italian sausage, too.

:thup:

*rosebud* Tue, Jul-26-05 10:34

Had it for breakfast ... yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superaunt
:yum:

Have made 2 versions so far -- even in this sweltering heat. The first one was lined with pepporoni, but I found that when re-heated was toooooo salty. The second one was a BBQ Chicken (like ssofian), which was just scrumptious! :)

This is by far, one of THE best recipes I've come across on this WOL.

Kudos! :)

I had some for breakfast this morning and it was great, except I also found it to be a little salty due to the pepperoni crust and the pepperoni topping. I'll do one or the other next time.

I'm thinking a spinach, onion and garlic pizza would be nice, just like the pizzeria in Chicago where I used to work. Boy, that was a long time ago! What was I, 16 or 17?!

I'm so happy with this great recipe and excited with all the different ways one can make it!

:wave:

niudog Sat, Jul-30-05 19:04

Okay, I've been LC'ing since May '03 and hanging out on the board since Jan '04, and I've looked at this recipe numerous times, but never made it until tonight...OMG YUM!!! This was delish. I ate about 1/3 of the pan. I cant wait to share this with my DW. I think she'll like it too!!!

supergirll Tue, Aug-02-05 09:27

Mmm, this sounds so good. What is the carb count on this?

Samantha22 Tue, Aug-02-05 09:41

I made this about a week ago...god it was awesome...by the end of the night there were no leftovers...lol. I made it with italian sausage, green peppers, onions and mushrooms.

Mykelogan Tue, Aug-02-05 17:33

I made this over the weekend.... WoW!! All I can say is WOW!! Sooo good!!! Even better the next day! I cut the recipe in half and it turned out great. I think I am going to make it again tomorrow night with the "taco pizza" idea someone suggested. :)

Thanks so much for sharing it!
Mike

PML Wed, Aug-10-05 07:29

All I can say is YUM!!! I have been meaning to try this for months and just never got around to it until a couple of days ago. If you haven't tried it, you must get the ingredients and do so immediately!

I made it with parmesan, mozzarella, and jack cheese for the crust and ground beef (seasoned like I do for tacos), sauteed onions, and mozzarella for the topping. I over-did the topping. I like thin crust pizza and when I saw how "puffy" the "crust" layer was, I felt that I needed to pile on the toppings. As it turned out, once the toppings were on, the "crust" layer compressed. Next time I will add much less topping. (Just an FYI for those of you who like a thin crust and might tend to make the same mistake.)

It was so delicious... and even better the next day for breakfast! Which made me think that a breakfast version with scrambled egg, sausage, onion, green pepper, green chile, and cheese might be wonderful. I'll report back. I am looking forward to experimenting with all the variation possibilities!

Phyllis

vixen69 Wed, Aug-10-05 08:16

I've made mine without the toppings to eat for breakfast on the go.

seesah Thu, Aug-11-05 13:07

I'm gonna try this, this week! I'm missing the chives...does anyone think its a must??? Just wonderin' :D

Mykelogan Thu, Aug-11-05 14:48

I have never used the chives actually and mine turns out great. I have added the green parts of a scallion finely chopped and that was nice too. I also have added onion powder, crushed red pepper and cayenne pepper. All great additions depending on how I am varying the dish. (Can you tell I have made this a few times since discovering it recently! LOL)

Mike :wave:

PML Thu, Aug-11-05 14:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by seesah
I'm gonna try this, this week! I'm missing the chives...does anyone think its a must??? Just wonderin' :D

No, Seesah, I don't think leaving out the chives would make a bit of difference. I used dried chives, because I was too lazy to out on my deck and clip some fresh. Green onion would probably be wonderful also but there is so liitle in the recipe and so many other flavors going on that I don't think you will even notice that they are missing.

Phyllis

seesah Thu, Aug-11-05 15:31

Thanx guys!