Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Deep Dish Pizza Quiche (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=44087)

missymagoo Sun, Oct-22-06 21:15

i still love this recipe!!! i am going to make this again this coming wekend. sue

missymagoo Sun, Oct-22-06 21:16

i guess i will have to print out the pages to see everyones version on makeing this recipe. sue

Walkerbabe Sun, Oct-29-06 09:21

Bumping this one up the thread since I plan to make a version of the recipe
this week!

penelope Sun, Oct-29-06 10:18

I made the base this week and I baked it in a 9x13 ceramic dish. It was puffy about one inch thick. Refrigerate. The next day I brought it to room temperature and I put the filling on top and finished cooking it. It was perfect; the base tightened up and became a stiff crust.
I had the last piece the day after, straight out of the fridge.
It was very tasty cold because I did not want to wait to have it at room temperature.
I think that making it in a non metal dish is better, the one I made before in a stainless steel dish had a different texture and since glass is hotter it does make the crust crisper.

Walkerbabe Fri, Nov-03-06 12:20

I am eating the pizza for lunch as I type this message. I revised the recipe
to use less cheese. But, my-o-my! I can't say it any better than the rest of
the people who have already made this recipe and LOVED it!

:yum: DEEEE L I C I O U S !!! :yum:

Bumping this one up the thread ladder! I highly recommend it!!!! :yum:

JudyChat Fri, Nov-03-06 12:50

This sounds great!!! I am going to try this Sunday night!

sunny2me Fri, Nov-03-06 19:21

Wow, this sounds delicious - have to go to the grocery tomorrow to get pizza sauce and give it a try ! :agree:

JudyChat Tue, Nov-07-06 12:24

Well, I finally made this last night. I was SO good! And, it was really good cold for lunch today. I heated the second piece up though, and it was equally good! This is definitely a football night MUST!

Walkerbabe Thu, Dec-07-06 12:46

Bumping this one up!

angelpie06 Fri, Dec-08-06 08:41

and it really does deserve to be bumped up...it is hands-down my favorite recipe on this site...it feels completely indulgent and everyone in my family (i'm the only LCer) wolfs it down...

and those cold leftovers for breakfast? utter bliss...

Jarrod Tue, Jan-09-07 13:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by penelope
I made the base this week and I baked it in a 9x13 ceramic dish. It was puffy about one inch thick. Refrigerate. The next day I brought it to room temperature and I put the filling on top and finished cooking it. It was perfect; the base tightened up and became a stiff crust.
I had the last piece the day after, straight out of the fridge.
It was very tasty cold because I did not want to wait to have it at room temperature.
I think that making it in a non metal dish is better, the one I made before in a stainless steel dish had a different texture and since glass is hotter it does make the crust crisper.

Good idea....... I have been doing it a few min after it cools coming out of the oven...... adding the toppings and then finishing the baking... I will try the overnight trick next time.. thanks for the updated advice. J.

slimmerme Wed, Jan-10-07 21:45

I fixed this last night. My 14 year old son and husband loved it and told me to make 2 pans next time. Then I told them it was low carb. They didn't care, and still wanted 2 pans next time. It is wonderful. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Susan

Christfrog Tue, Jan-16-07 16:50

OK, adding this to my list of recipes to try out. Might have to make this Friday night. Sounds like a good dinner to eat and watch movies with.

vixen69 Tue, Jan-23-07 09:29

I've experimented a bit and chopped some olives and added them to the 'crust' mixture. Tastes great and I eat it even without the pizza toppings as a breakfast quiche.

deb34 Fri, Jan-26-07 15:05

i'm going to make a Reuben version this weekend.

Variation: Reuben version- corned beef or pastrami, sauerkraut and swiss cheese.