Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Maple Walnut Icing (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=215377)

brobin Mon, Oct-10-05 17:53

I have a tray of these in the freezer.. I hope you can freeze them. :)

Brobin

klc145 Thu, Oct-13-05 16:13

This is hands down the best thing I have ever made!! Thank you so much...they taste amazing and they are low carb.

PKV Thu, Oct-13-05 19:04

I personally like the 9 x 13 pan. And I only put frosting on half. The kids love them without the frosting and I hide the rest. ;)

ssofian Fri, Oct-14-05 09:29

A friend and I are on Atkins, the rest of our "Gang" are not. But we are going to make these this weekend for our get together and see how they go over. They look fabulous!

treefrog Fri, Oct-14-05 11:08

:yum:
I made them, and my boyfriend who is not LC liked them.

I made them with Atkins bake mix, and used DaVinci syrup (1/2 French Vanilla, 1/2 Simple Syrup - cause I ran out of vanilla). I just got a bottle of the Spice Blend, so I'm going to make another batch tonight using that. I also think that I will put 1/4 cup of nuts in the batter and leave them out of the frosting.

How did they hold up in the freezer, for anyone who has frozen them?

brobin Fri, Oct-14-05 19:49

I found them "so-so" after freezing. They are rather moist so freezing them hurt the texture.

I still ate them out of the freezer... :)

Brobin

Marvin Fri, Oct-14-05 21:32

My aunt makes pumpkin bars all the time around the holiday season. I love them! So I pretty psyched about this recipe. thanks!

treefrog Sat, Oct-15-05 09:21

I made another batch last night, and had one with my coffee this morning, yummy :yum: !!

I guess I won't freeze them, they didn't last very long the last time I made them :lol: .

Thanks again Becki for coming up with this recipe.

goodgiver Sat, Oct-15-05 18:52

Hello all I'm new here. Can anyone help me. What in the world is di vinci. Never heard of it. Where do I get it? t/y

klc145 Sat, Oct-15-05 19:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgiver
Hello all I'm new here. Can anyone help me. What in the world is di vinci. Never heard of it. Where do I get it? t/y

Davinci is syrups. You can find them at http://www.davincigourmet.com/729.html?flashdetect=YES

There are all different kinds of Sugar Free syrups that you can add to drinks and recipes. They are really good!

KimmieJake Wed, Oct-19-05 08:00

I was LC cooking last night, and tried these. Wow! So yummy. I brought them to work today. Everyone loves them! Thanks so much!

4beans4me Wed, Oct-19-05 08:16

For those interested, making them in a 2 quart oblong dish (less than $6, I also use mine for the DDPQ) will give you a thicker bar, as will baking them in an 8x8 square pan.
I like the oblong dish because you can get a few more good size bars than the square one.

neela26 Wed, Oct-19-05 08:32

This sounds really good. I'm going to make it this weekend to test it out. If it turns out, I'll be bringing this to Thanksgiving. Thanks for the recipe!!

upback Thu, Nov-10-05 19:38

I have this in the oven as I type.

I doubled the recipe, (I had so much pumpkin on hand that I felt I needed to) and I don't have any DaVinci syrup, but I went to the store and they had Torani hazelnut, I was not sure how that would taste so for my first try I am using 1/2 cup SF maple syrup and 1/2 cup splenda. Since doubling the recipe I guess I'll have to cook it longer,

how do you know when it is done, a toothpick test?

and any thoughts on Torani hazelnut on how it tastes?

It sure does smell good in here right now :)

upback Sat, Nov-12-05 17:59

Just wanted to update how they came out.....

They were great :thup: (and yes they are all gone!) (I had help ;) )

I think I will use more of the sf maple syrup next time, it really tasted good. In the frosting that is all I used to sweeten it, and then I dribbled a little design on the finished product with the sf maple syrup, yummy.