Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   I can't believe it's Cauliflower Pizza! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=366192)

cleochatra Sun, Mar-02-08 11:14

I can't believe it's Cauliflower Pizza!

click here for pictures and recipes for bread sticks and lasagna

You Won't Believe it's Cauliflower Pizza Crust

1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower*
1 egg
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2tsp fennel
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp parsley

pizza or alfredo sauce
toppings (make sure meats are cooked)
mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees farenheit.

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.

In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley.

Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe).

Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese.

Place under a broiler (grill for the Europeans) at high heat just until cheese is melted **.

Notes:

*I use frozen cauliflower prepared according to package directions. After cooked and slightly cooled, I shred cauliflower with a cheese grater, and then measure for the recipe. (Don't pack down the cup with cauliflower. Just fill it with a spoon or the cup itself.)

** You can try re-baking the pizza at 450 once you add toppings if desired, but the crust is not quite as crusty. There is a minimal difference, so see what works best for you

serves 4- 6 for one recipe (10" pizza) not including toppings:

For 6, per serving:
calories: 73 calories
effective carbohydrates: 1.5
total carbohydrates: 2
fiber: 1
protein: 5 grams
fat: 4 grams

For 4, per serving:
calories: 108
effective carbohydrates: 2
total carbohydrates: 3
fiber: 1
protein: 7 grams
fat: 6 grams

PrinceVern Sun, Mar-02-08 18:48

Sounds pretty delicious ^o^ I'll give it a shot~

cleochatra Sun, Mar-02-08 18:57

Let me know what you think! You really can't taste the cauliflower.

ascentia Fri, Mar-07-08 00:10

I found this on another site too and I am going to try it this weekend!! I bet it's really yummmmmy! :)

Stardust Fri, Mar-07-08 02:33

I'm trying the pizza today. Mmm!

The lasagna passed the test with my family. I added meat to mine. Very tasty! No cauliflower flavor.

Come on, folks, you have to try it. :thup: :D

cleochatra Fri, Mar-07-08 08:17

I'm so glad you had good success with your lasagna. My kids keep bugging me to make another one. And they're boring. they only want the plain--nothing but cheese! I mean, come on!

(But it is a testament that they can't taste the cauliflower).

cleochatra Thu, Mar-13-08 09:01

I made lasagna roll ups and a roasted veggie pizza last night. Both turned out very well.

pennink Thu, Mar-13-08 09:30

Cleo... get up here and be my cook...

OR, start making these as frozen entrees and shipping them all over!!!!

cleochatra Thu, Mar-13-08 09:34

Hey. If I don't have to wash the dishes, I'm fine with that.

Lol84 Thu, Mar-13-08 09:47

wow looks excellent! definately worth a go at the weekend :)

HalfPass Thu, Mar-13-08 19:43

I tryed the cauliflower pizza and...WOW..it was really yummy. I would have never thought of it myself and I think it will become a new staple!! Thanks!
I improvised a little with mine. I used salsa instead of pizza sauce, cheddar cheese for topping and artichokes for topping. I think it would be good with a wide variety of toppings.

ascentia Fri, Mar-14-08 07:40

I tried the pizza...I think I made it too thick because it just kinda fell apart so we had to eat it with a fork and knife (which wasn't bad) but it tasted really good! We both really liked it so it's on our list of must have again :)

Texan/Okie Mon, Mar-17-08 15:06

I made the pizza last night and it turned out great... HOWEVER it fell apart and we too had to eat with a fork... How can I get the crust to not be mushy? I wasnt supposed to bake it before I put the toppings on??? :help:

cleochatra Mon, Mar-17-08 18:45

You bake it and then add toppings and bake again.

If you feel the crust isn't cooked enough, before adding toppings you can flip the crust over (run a spatula along the edges to loosen the pizza and then flip it if it feels sturdy enough) and then cook a bit longer.

lcgrrl2006 Mon, Mar-17-08 18:48

Cleo, I tried it, was delish. denise