Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Parmesan "Breaded" Chicken (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=168726)

2brickie Mon, Feb-23-04 14:07

had my new favorite lunch today at my new favorite diner

my new favorite diner first is my own kitchen, wow this wol has really made me want to cook more than i already do. i had chicken breast dipped in melted butter then i shook them in a bag with parmesan cheese and garlic, then baked it at 425 degrees for about 45 minutes and oh it was gooooood. i made 6 of them so i can have some for later in the week, it is also super cut up on salads. i had mine with a little salsa lowest carb i can find, or sometimes i like italian dressing on it. try it, my kids even love this on chicken strips i make.

Paris Mon, Feb-23-04 15:03

This sounds really good. I love anything with cheese and garlic!

LisaS Wed, Feb-25-04 14:42

did you use raw garlic in the bag or a garlic powder?

2brickie Wed, Feb-25-04 15:51

i use garlic powder

lmclute Wed, Feb-25-04 17:07

Sounds very good, was the parmesan cheese shredded or was it the powdered kind?

2brickie Wed, Feb-25-04 17:13

i used the kraft kind in the green can much easier tonight im making my super hot wings.

WantsMore Wed, Mar-24-04 18:18

I think I may try this!

brit-girl Sun, Jul-04-04 18:17

Sounds good!

brit-girl Thu, Jul-08-04 18:06

Just wanted to add that I made a variation of this the other night for dinner, and we both enjoyed it! The changes I made was using fresh grated parm instead of the green can stuff (worked fine). And, I added some italian seasoning to the mix. I baked the chicken for 25 minutes, then added some homemade tomato sauce to the baking dish and topped each piece of chicken with a slice of mozzarella cheese and baked for another 20 minutes.

Yummy! Thanks for the inspiring recipe! ;)

Emerald34 Sun, Jul-11-04 01:21

Sounds awesome. Thanks for this. Just told hubby and he wants to try this, so maybe tomorrow....

missymagoo Wed, Jul-14-04 19:50

i bet this would work for fish too. i am going to try it on fish. and try to grill on grill. sue

Magpies Sat, Jul-17-04 14:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2brickie
my new favorite diner first is my own kitchen, wow this wol has really made me want to cook more than i already do. i had chicken breast dipped in melted butter then i shook them in a bag with parmesan cheese and garlic, then baked it at 425 degrees for about 45 minutes and oh it was gooooood. i made 6 of them so i can have some for later in the week, it is also super cut up on salads. i had mine with a little salsa lowest carb i can find, or sometimes i like italian dressing on it. try it, my kids even love this on chicken strips i make.

Didn't have any parmesan to hand so tried this with cheddar cheese - made with real garlic too, was absolutely delicious and intend to use the recipe for our BBQ in late August. Many thanks.

Julie