Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Goal -- 50 pounds in 5 months (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=484817)

eggsnsteak Sun, Mar-07-21 14:27

Goal -- 50 pounds in 5 months

I've never been successful at this but starting again at age 50! Going to Hawaii in 5 months and need to lose 50 pounds. Currently fat, old, tired, dumpy, and achy. Visualizing wearing a bikini and hiking on Haleakala! Started with bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Ready, start, GO!!

Ms Arielle Mon, Mar-08-21 07:43

A great start.
And a great reason to stay focused.

eggsnsteak Mon, Mar-08-21 21:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
A great start.
And a great reason to stay focused.

Thank you! Using the Noom app this time with the low carb diet. Bought my first scale ever. Drinking water and working hard to stay on track. Day# 2!

wbahn Tue, Mar-09-21 01:36

Good luck.

Losing 10 lb/mo may be a bit ambitious. Depends on a number of factors. But it's not an outlandish goal by any means. And if you don't make it, you'll at least be a lot closer than you are now and that will certainly add to the enjoyment of the vacation.

Stay focused and keep your eye on the prize!

eggsnsteak Wed, Mar-10-21 22:04

50 pounds is ambitious, but it's a nice round number and what I need to lose to just enter the normal BMI category. Noom seems to think I can lose 44 pounds by then -- if that happens, I would still be thrilled!

eggsnsteak Tue, Mar-23-21 23:35

Down 8 pounds after 2 weeks and feeling more energetic! Less knee pain! Wow. 20 weeks left until goal.

CMCM Wed, Mar-24-21 12:40

It's great to have an ambitious goal, I really hope you make it! I hope you're aware that weight loss can be exhilaratingly quick with impressive losses in the beginning, and then it most definitely will slow down and almost creep along sometimes, so be ready for that and know that as long as you are being faithful to the diet and everything you need to do, it won't be your fault that it slows down, it's just your body. As you get closer to goal, you just can't lose as much as fast. Fact of life! So DO NOT let a weight loss slowdown discourage you, it's normal and it WILL happen.

I have learned over the last 20 years that one of the major factors in weight loss success is CONSISTENCY! Consistency with your eating is first—don't set yourself back with eating things not on the diet (bad binges can set you back a week or two sometimes). Consistency with any exercise you are doing. Consistency, consistency, consistency. Which is why I've always said, Consistency + Time = Success!

Hawaii is a fantastic goal. Picture yourself in all those nice, SMALLER, summer clothes that you feel great wearing again. Lose the weight (plus the fact that on Atkins you are ditching grains) and you'll be amazed at how good you will feel. Keep that vision of yourself in mind. :)

eggsnsteak Mon, Mar-29-21 13:27

Consistency + times, yes! Going to repeat that like a mantra when things get tough.