Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Deep Dish Pizza Quiche (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=44087)

Norma June Sun, Feb-08-04 16:50

Tomorrow Is Pizza Night ... Yippee!

Tomorrow is pizza night and I'm going to do this recipe again. I haven't made this for a very long time ... much too long

I just love this recipe. I think Donald deserves some kind of a medal for giving us this recipe. I think I'm in love with Donald. :rheart: Any man who can come up with a recipe like this is a keeper. ;)

Can't wait until tomorrow to chow down.

leshaimors Mon, Feb-09-04 14:38

i make a variation of this that takes a little less time creating the "crust". i mix cream cheese, 4 eggs, 1/4 cup parm cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, a little salt and pepper and some basil. heat a nonstick skillet to low-medium heat. melt a little unsalted butter in the pan and ladle about 1/2 cup of the mixture into the pan. it will cook slowly--first side takes about 4 minutes. when top resembles a pancake that is ready for flipping gently slide a spatula under and flip it, cook about 2 more minutes or til brown.
then top with favorite toppings and bake til bubbly!
this is great for individual servings and it also freezes nicely!

Norma June Mon, Feb-09-04 19:10

I made this again tonight and it ROCKS! My DH doesn't particularly care for pizza and he loved it.

I do have one problem with this recipe though, perhaps someone can help me out? I found that the egg mixture that slipped between the pepperoni slices had a burnt taste. The burnt egg taste reminded me of fish which I gag on.

Any suggestions on how to overcome this? Perhaps I need to double or triple the pepperoni so that there is absolutely NO empty space on the bottom. Perhaps even overlapping the pepperoni? I thought about using layers of bacon (overlapped perhaps).

I know this is just ME ... the recipe is to die for. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Oh ... I added sliced olives to mine this time. Yummy!

leshaimors Tue, Feb-10-04 11:00

i think i forgot to mention that i use 8 oz. of cream cheese. i just had my slightly altered version for lunch and it was fantastic! topped the "crust" with sugar free marinara, mozzarella, pepperoni, mushrooms, and black olives--baked at 400 for 10 minutes. voila!

SJH Fri, Feb-13-04 21:07

Just one word - phenomenol - actually make that a few more words - Thanks Donald! :yay:

kentucky00 Mon, Feb-16-04 10:28

Pizza!

Dude,

that was a great recipe! thanks!

smilinka Wed, Feb-18-04 18:12

Awesome recipe, the first time i made it i messed up and did not read the instructions good..i put 2 cups of cheese in the mix then i put 2 cups of chesse on the bottom like i was suppose to.. i did not put any toppings on this and put it is a smaller disk to bake..my family used it as bread sticks and put their own sauce on it..was very good...

heatherbee Wed, Feb-18-04 21:05

Donald - You have brought new light to my life! What a wonderful recipe. I made it for dinner tonight and can't wait to eat a piece for breakfast and lunch tomorrow! I also froze some.

I put one thin layer of pepperoni on the bottom and then toped it with mushrooms, olives and onions! It was soo cheesy and tasty!

Thanks again for the fab recipe.

nrsratchet Fri, Feb-20-04 04:12

This is so yummy! My whole family loves it. Thanks for posting it here!

ndhulst Fri, Feb-20-04 22:21

Ok this was a hit. even my very picky husband who turns up his noes at my lc meals went back for seconds!! Thank you!! and now I read all the variations, this is definatly going to become a staple!! Yumm..I can still taste it!! :)

patnaude12 Sat, Feb-21-04 13:45

Fantastic Recipe

Hi Donald,

I have been using your recipe for a long time now, and DH who is not doing lc and I just loves it. I try very hard to not fix it very often so that I don't get sick of it (heaven forbid). Last weekend I made a double recipe just for the freezer, DH just loves to thaw things out and zap them in the microwave. He has eaten more than I, it is almost all gone. I buy the large packages of the different cheeses and pepperoni from Costco special for your pizza.

I just love the variations that others have added, we all have different tastes and this is just fantastic recipe to add all the wonderful variations. I also have added marinated artichokes, slices of onions, mushrooms and sweet peppers.

To those of you who have a problem with side effects, I am very sure it is because of the richness of the ingredients.

Thanks again Donald, you are such a sweetie.

Carol :rose: :rose:

GrooveJock Mon, Mar-08-04 06:09

I finally made this last night. This is awesome.

Thanks for the recipe!

OH btw, Kroger makes a bottled (jar) of pizza sauce that only has 3 carbs per serving (vs about 8 for speg sauce) I used this and it dropped the carb count down to 4 net per serving!

misschris Tue, Mar-09-04 14:39

All I can say is WOW! I made this last night for the first time and it was so yummy! I also used the Pizza Sauce from Kroger. This was one of the best recipes I have tried yet!! Thank you SO MUCH! I even fed the leftovers to a bunch of "carb-aholics" and they did not realize there was no crust until half way through!!!!!

GrooveJock Wed, Mar-10-04 06:54

I have made this two nights in a row! Even my co workers love it!

xvxwickdxv Thu, Mar-11-04 21:53

Wow what an incredible recipe!! I wanted pizza tonight for my bday and thought I would save a cheat day for that... instead I found this recipe and made it... Incredibleeeeeeeee... my house smelled like baking bread... ty ty ty

cheat free on my cheat day... Yipppppeeee